HI-Mosquito Creek Reviews

Highway 93, c/o PO Box 1358, Banff, Alberta, Banff, Canada

I did not know that there was no shower there, so it was shocking. (my mistake, I did not read the facilities before booking) It is possible to drive to lake louise hostel and take a shower without paying extra money, so it was nice. In general, very nice wild hostel.

Stayed here the night before we drove the Icefields Parkway. Price is great for the location. Accommodation is basic as expected, but very clean. Only drawback was the bunk I slept in was just barely too short for me. I'm 5'10", average height, so most guys will be sleeping with bend legs.

I really likedmthe hsotel, it was clean and friendly staff. I enjoyed my stay there.

No showers....

We stayed there to hike up to Payto Hut. The only comment we have is that we did not really appreciate the hostel caretaker's attitude...when we told him of our plans he was quite condescending. Calling us rookies, and inexperienced to be making the hike this past week. We did check with Parks to get a trail update and knew as best we could of the conditions. We got to the hut in excellent time, conditions were good, everyone arrived/got home safe and sound.

• 12th Jun 2014