HI Munich-City Reviews

Wendl-Dietrich-Strasse 20, Munich, Germany

Just hostel not bad

• 4th Oct 2015
  • Taiwan

Pretty good hostel. Right near a u Bahn so it's easy to get to places.

They don't have kitchen, wifi is barely connect and the staff are not very welcoming. The place is clean and locate near to subway. By the way, Breakfast is amazing.

It's kind of expensive probably because of Oktoberfest. The room was clean but there were only two plug sockets in my six-bed dorm. I liked their all-you-can-eat breakfast. Overall, the hostel is not bad but there are definitely better choices.

I came at 11:30 at night and lady on the desk was really rude. She talked quietly and I could not hear what she was talking so I asked her to repeat again which she found very rude. Also the price that said on the Internet was incorrect because I had to pay membership card and something extra which is not fair to be mentioned in the first place. Internet is only available in building A which is also not mentioned. It is not fair too keep those kind of informations from customers.

Great hostel especially for Oktoberfest. Clean facilities and great water pressure in the shower! You get a locker, sheets, everything you need really and the staff were very nice.

Location is not the best, but is close to a metro station. No or poor Wifi in the rooms, bad signal. Security was rude to a guy in front of me for being 5 minutes late after shower time.

I made a mistake that I booked the bed the wrong date. I only planned to stay there one night. But I was explaining when I heard the receptionists talking to each other 'it's Octoberfest, we should definitely charge her two nights' in Deutsch. I argued with them and I admit I was a little bit tough then. But they shouted to me 'go!' and they told me 'the office' would decide everything! They were there to solve problems or make it even worse?

decent for a quick stay if you need a place

Due to the hot weather it should be better if you offer some electric fans. And for the six people in a dorm room I think everyone would like a socket for charging the smart phone or power bank, so it will be better if there is 5-6 sockets in the room.

• 6th Aug 2015
  • Thailand

The hostel is clean, and the food is good, other than that, nothing much for a rather expensive stay compared to other places. The wifi is so poor that even the 5 people that are max in the common room cannot have normal speed. If you are searching for atmosphere this is not really the right place for you because the hostel is full of families with small kids, school trips and old people.

Staff were as hostile as you get. Not a party hostel very expensive for such poor acomidation. The bathroom was absolute filth.

We had a very good experience. Facilities were nice and food was good. Check-in staff was friendly. Overall, very good experience!

• 30th Jul 2015

nice hostel if you want to get some sleep, or if you're a family. not for people who are backpacking and want to meet people and party etc. staff were very friendly, the place was clean and the breakfast was great, there was just no atmosphere whatsoever

Very friendly staff who are ready to help. The garden was what really made this hostel stand out. Being able to sit outside and have a tasty breakfast was a great way to start the day. A little more concentration on the cleanliness of the bathrooms would have been nice, but all in all it was a great place to stay.

Overall good stay. Only downside and something that isn't noted when you book is if you arrive after the official staff leaves the security officer has to "check you in." Which means you don't fully check in because he can't take the money for the full bill only a deposit. This would be fine except that I had to catch a 7am train the next day and the staff doesn't show up until 6:30. The security officer was great though and helped me out as much as he could so I could make my train.