HI Munich-City

Very Good 266 Total Reviews

• USA, Male, 18-24
17th May 2017
3.1

My overly priced private room was up about 1000 stairs and once inside, I was able to lay down on what felt like a plywood mattress. There weren't even any outlets in my room so I could charge my phone. The next morning I was able to book a room through Airbnb for half the price that was a million times better in every way. I do not recommend this place at all.

• Turkey, Female, 31-40
28th Apr 2017

I enjoyed my stay in Munich City Hostel. Although I thought that how can I sleep with 5 other girls in one dorm, it is me who made the most noise. The only thing that I did not like is the bath closes at 10:00, which is quite early. Because of that reason I returned too early to the hostel 2nd day and the 1st day I came late because of my flight and next day I wandered dirty.

26th Apr 2017
7.4

Definitely a place to sleep but no to hang out. Make sure you read your booking carefully. My GF had booked it thinking it was a private room. She did however but for just one person. We had to pay extra once we got to the hostel. Great breakfast though!

• New Zealand, Female, 25-30
26th Apr 2017

This hostel seems kinda spooky and possibly haunted but dont let that fool you its actually really good. I had a room to myself, everything was super clean and tidy. Showers and toilet area clean. Breakfast is good and free. Staff were friendly too. Its a 5 min walk to ubahn and 3 or 4 stops to centre of town so not bad location wise. Downsides: wifi only in common area. Lots of kids on school camp- they weren't noisey though. Atmosphere of hostel is kinda like a school camp.

• Australia, Male, 25-30
21st Apr 2017
6.3

Got a "single room" at the 5th floor with NO ELEVATOR. Room had a bunk bed. No soup or shampoo in the toilets. Shower, Wc and room in 3 different areas of the floor. Obvisously wifi would work only till the 1st floor.

6.0

Good location but several unpleasant things. We ordered a room with a double bed, put were put in a room with two bunk beds. The building is four stories tall with no elevator and no internet in the rooms. You can only access it near reception and at the lounge area, which is a rather uncomfortable place. Showers went from cold to really hot randomly, and have working hours, from 6am to 22pm, meaning you can't take a shower after a long day if you get there too late.

• Ukraine, Male, 31-40
14th Apr 2017

Be ready to pay some more money when you come to reception. You can find this in description, but who reads it? (= Be ready, that "bath-rooms" are closing at 22:00. Bath-rooms and toilets are situated on the floor (not in room), but i never had to wait in queue. Breakfast is good for this price, but don't expect something special (but they pained eggs and added mini-choko-bunnies on easter day (= )

5.7

A very basic IYH/HI Hostel. Location-wise, very close to Backstage (which is convenient if you're visiting Munich for gigs) and to Nymphenburg Castle (if you're there just for tourism). Quiet during the nights, but gets fairly loud very early in the morning due to the families with kids. The price breakdown of my "single" room was very weird, with €10 for the bed and €25 for the breakfast, which is something you might want to keep your eye out for. Essentially, keep your expectations low.

14th Apr 2017

Great hostel. Staff is friendly and the installations were always clean. The breakfast provided was also very good. My only complaint is that there is no WIFI in the whole building. There is WIFI on the reception floor but not on the other floors. If you rely on WIFI this hostel might not be suitable for you.

• England, Male, 25-30
13th Apr 2017
7.7

Good location, good prices, good staff. However the place really needs to be modernised, and the breakfast whilst edible is not that good.