HI Munich-City Reviews

Wendl-Dietrich-Strasse 20, Munich, Germany

They don't have kitchen, wifi is barely connect and the staff are not very welcoming. The place is clean and locate near to subway. By the way, Breakfast is amazing.

It's kind of expensive probably because of Oktoberfest. The room was clean but there were only two plug sockets in my six-bed dorm. I liked their all-you-can-eat breakfast. Overall, the hostel is not bad but there are definitely better choices.

I came at 11:30 at night and lady on the desk was really rude. She talked quietly and I could not hear what she was talking so I asked her to repeat again which she found very rude. Also the price that said on the Internet was incorrect because I had to pay membership card and something extra which is not fair to be mentioned in the first place. Internet is only available in building A which is also not mentioned. It is not fair too keep those kind of informations from customers.

Great hostel especially for Oktoberfest. Clean facilities and great water pressure in the shower! You get a locker, sheets, everything you need really and the staff were very nice.

decent for a quick stay if you need a place

Due to the hot weather it should be better if you offer some electric fans. And for the six people in a dorm room I think everyone would like a socket for charging the smart phone or power bank, so it will be better if there is 5-6 sockets in the room.

• 6th Aug 2015
  • Thailand

The hostel is clean, and the food is good, other than that, nothing much for a rather expensive stay compared to other places. The wifi is so poor that even the 5 people that are max in the common room cannot have normal speed. If you are searching for atmosphere this is not really the right place for you because the hostel is full of families with small kids, school trips and old people.

• 1st Aug 2015
  • Serbia

Staff were as hostile as you get. Not a party hostel very expensive for such poor acomidation. The bathroom was absolute filth.

We had a very good experience. Facilities were nice and food was good. Check-in staff was friendly. Overall, very good experience!

• 30th Jul 2015

nice hostel if you want to get some sleep, or if you're a family. not for people who are backpacking and want to meet people and party etc. staff were very friendly, the place was clean and the breakfast was great, there was just no atmosphere whatsoever

Very friendly staff who are ready to help. The garden was what really made this hostel stand out. Being able to sit outside and have a tasty breakfast was a great way to start the day. A little more concentration on the cleanliness of the bathrooms would have been nice, but all in all it was a great place to stay.

Overall good stay. Only downside and something that isn't noted when you book is if you arrive after the official staff leaves the security officer has to "check you in." Which means you don't fully check in because he can't take the money for the full bill only a deposit. This would be fine except that I had to catch a 7am train the next day and the staff doesn't show up until 6:30. The security officer was great though and helped me out as much as he could so I could make my train.

this hostel is definitely geared towards school groups. If you want a party atmosphere, this is not your place. this was the most secure hostel i have stayed at. the security guard was very strict and visible. super clean, nice breakfast, nice rooms, everything you need.

I was charged an extra fee because of HI's membership AND my friend who is German had to pay even more and was forced into joining for a year so we could stay there. We were put on a floor with a large school group of teenagers who caused noise after hours. We were in the room with their teachers or staff who did nothing about this. I stayed 2 nights at another nicer hostel in Munich for the price of 1 here. No elevator. Unclean bathrooms and not enough bathrooms for amount of people.

The breakfast was amazing. Best I've ever had at a hostel.

• 17th Apr 2015