HI Munich-City Reviews

Wendl-Dietrich-Strasse 20, Munich, Germany

Just hostel not bad

• 4th Oct 2015
  • Taiwan

Pretty good hostel. Right near a u Bahn so it's easy to get to places.

They don't have kitchen, wifi is barely connect and the staff are not very welcoming. The place is clean and locate near to subway. By the way, Breakfast is amazing.

It's kind of expensive probably because of Oktoberfest. The room was clean but there were only two plug sockets in my six-bed dorm. I liked their all-you-can-eat breakfast. Overall, the hostel is not bad but there are definitely better choices.

I came at 11:30 at night and lady on the desk was really rude. She talked quietly and I could not hear what she was talking so I asked her to repeat again which she found very rude. Also the price that said on the Internet was incorrect because I had to pay membership card and something extra which is not fair to be mentioned in the first place. Internet is only available in building A which is also not mentioned. It is not fair too keep those kind of informations from customers.

The door key was hard to use and I ended up waking people up trying to open the door back into the room.

Great hostel especially for Oktoberfest. Clean facilities and great water pressure in the shower! You get a locker, sheets, everything you need really and the staff were very nice.

Location is not the best, but is close to a metro station. No or poor Wifi in the rooms, bad signal. Security was rude to a guy in front of me for being 5 minutes late after shower time.

I made a mistake that I booked the bed the wrong date. I only planned to stay there one night. But I was explaining when I heard the receptionists talking to each other 'it's Octoberfest, we should definitely charge her two nights' in Deutsch. I argued with them and I admit I was a little bit tough then. But they shouted to me 'go!' and they told me 'the office' would decide everything! They were there to solve problems or make it even worse?

decent for a quick stay if you need a place

Due to the hot weather it should be better if you offer some electric fans. And for the six people in a dorm room I think everyone would like a socket for charging the smart phone or power bank, so it will be better if there is 5-6 sockets in the room.

• 6th Aug 2015