HI NYC Hostel Reviews

891 Amsterdam Avenue, NY 10025-4403, New York, USA

best hostel i have ever stayed in. higher standard than some hotels I've stayed in at london! amazing value for money!

• 26th Aug 2015

The only problem I had with this hostel was that the Wifi was absolutely terrible. Unless you logged on in the middle of the night, it was barely usable.

Love this welcoming hostel with helpful and cheerful staff. Great!

One of the best hostels I've ever been. Excelent food, very clean, awesome atmosphere and usefull facilities. The only issue is the Wi-Fi that doen't work very well sometimes. it's an amazing place and I recommend it!

• 19th Aug 2015

A pleasent stay. I stayed in a 4 bed female room. It was basic but very clean, bedding was good and there was somewhere to charge my phone next to each bed. There were lockers in the room and key cards to your room. There was storage downstairs for 24hours only $5 and easily big enough for big bags. Showers were hit and I never saw a queue, there was a hairdryer in the bathroom to use. Breakfast is available at the cafe. I had it included and it was v basic. The over options looked better!

I really liked the public spaces and the cafe in the hostel. Also very close to the subway! The staff are super friendly. Unfortunately, there was no shower for people staying on the first floor, making it very crowded on the second floor bathroom. I didn't fully enjoy my stay but it didn't have to do with the hostel itself..more with the people that ended up in my room.

It was good.

• 14th Aug 2015
  • South Korea

The AC was confusing for some. Not a lot of people didn't know that opening the windows will turn it off so newcomers keep opening the windows. It could probably because of the bad smell in the room too that made other guests open the windows. Varying food options at the restaurant would be great so that guests won't eat the same thing.

I really liked staying at the hostel. The atmosphere was social and I met some great people! However, I didn't like how I was bumped to an 8 person dorm room when I had booked a six bed room dorm without notice. Also the fact that the bathroom was closed on my floor was a real inconvenience. Otherwise it was great!

• 13th Aug 2015
  • Austria

The hostel smells funny (halls) and the size of the lockers should be bigger.

• 12th Aug 2015
  • Mexico

amazing facilities; great showers/bathrooms very clean. Satisfied overall and would stay again.

• 11th Aug 2015

I was really satisfied during stay. Just one complaint is that the room was too cold to sleep. I needed two blankets due to freezing air conditioning.

Staff always ready to help solve the lost traveler's problems.

Wonderful hostel. Staff were amazing and the location was great. Breakfast was super cheap and i didn't spend more than $5 each day. The only complaint i have would be the wifi being slow at peak times and an occasionally faulty air conditioner. Otherwise they are a wonderful hostel! Would ho back in a heartbeat!

Overall, I had a great stay and it was a great value for my money! Only drawback was with regard to the room--it was a bit warm during the evening which made it slightly uncomfortable for sleeping.

• 7th Aug 2015

Great location, many cool activities. Shout out to Max for great comedy and clubbing!! Downside would be that the hostel is too big; there is no real 'hostel feel' to it. There are groups of high school kids staying, who basically take over the common areas, so it is harder to meet new people. Also, staff friendliness varies: some are very nice, others obviously could not care less whether you enjoy your stay.

Great hostel,plenty of activity an easy to meet people

One of my best hostel experiences so far. The hostel was very professionally run. The common lounge areas were great. I really liked the food counter that served warm meals, snacks, desserts, and had an espresso machine. The other facilities (showers, toilets, laundry) were also very good. Staff were helpful and enthusiastic. There were also a lot of fun activities arranged by the hostel. I would definitely come here again.

I enjoyed having my breakfast in the open terrace. Because it was quiet and air was fresh (cool) even though it summer. However, the room AC was fixed for 20 Celsius (around 78 F), which was waste of energy, and also this old AC was super loud for all night long (even with very high quality earplugs on). Irony was that when I stayed cheaper room in the same Hostel, the AC of that room was much quieter. Since you are charging more, please get a new AC.

Location is almost perfect. It is clean and the common area (especially the kitchen) is wonderful. However, there is no breakfast in the morning and some of the plug outlets are not working. Wi-fi should be better considering the high price!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7