HI NYC Hostel

Fabulous 5891 Total Reviews
Fabulous 5891 Total Reviews

• Mexico, Male, 31-40
15th Jul 2017

Greaqt place to stay in Manhattan, close to subway stations and the facilities are acceptable, no complaints about anything.

• jdgirl
  • USA, Female, 25-30
8th Jul 2017
8.0

PRO:clean atmosphere.SOME really awesome staff. CON:safety not cared for. I walked home alone one night, a guy creeped on me on the sidewalk by the street, it's a city late at night not unusual. I stepped to the side to have a smoke & watched him creep on a bus full of young females​, they all made it inside safely.After​ I was done smoking he was standing by the door and almost mauled me. Inside, I told a staff member and she ignored me like I was crazy. Tipsy maybe, but not crazy. Not safe.

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about your recent experience in NYC. We appreciate your feedback and encourage you to continue to use hostels throughout your travels.

• USA, Male, 18-24
5th Jul 2017

Would definitely stay again! Fantastic all around!

Thank you for the helpful feedback! We hope you will get to visit us again soon.

• Italy, Female, 31-40
4th Jul 2017

The best hostel ever 🤗

We can't thank you enough for your kind words. Come back and see us again soon!

• Australia, Female, 25-30
3rd Jul 2017

Amazing hostel!!! The best I have ever stayed at. Facilities all seem new and everything is spotlessly clean. Very comfortable bunk beds, each with individual charger and reading light. Your own (large locker) which also has a power point so you can charge things whilst they are locked away. Fantastic group events on daily (usually three tours/events a day) so it was very easy to meet people. Made some great friends here!! Highly highly recommend!!!!

3rd Jul 2017

Pros: Easy to get around using the subway and the hostel is right next to the 1 line. I liked that they organized lots of social events and the common areas were very nice. Meh: Rooms are nothing to write home about. Very basic hostel rooms. Basic communal showers. Cons:Staff were kind of rude. Quite hours not enforced at all with people yelling, running, and slamming doors as early as 6:30am and partying until 2am. Overall though it was a great for the price point.

We appreciate your feedback about your experience in our hostel. Everyone here would like to wish you the best in your future travels. Come back and visit us again soon!

• Ella_t24
  • Australia, Female, 25-30
2nd Jul 2017

Nice rooms. Comfy beds. Nice outdoor patio area. Hallways are freezing from air conditioning - such a waste of energy! Did not need to be that cold!! Nice bathrooms. Didn't go on any of the organized nights out but heard they were good. Went to a comedy night in the downstairs theatre which was fun. Would stay again.

We hope you get to come back and visit us again soon. Thank you for sharing your wonderful feedback. Be sure to visit more of our hostels around the world during your future travels.

30th Jun 2017

A huge, very busy hostel. The staff seemed nice, though because they're so busy I had minimal contact with them. Very good location within walking distance to Harlem and Central Park. The facilities are ok, though for some reason the aircon in my room always turned off at night which made the room feel like a furnace. Lots of organized activities and a pretty social atmosphere. Though I was pretty hesitant to stay in such a massive hostel, I would recommend this place and stay here again.

• Australia, Female, 18-24
29th Jun 2017
8.0

The facilities at this place were rather good. Friendly enough staff. I wish there were some way to really enforce quite hours. Had a couple of noisy people in our dorm. All in all a great hostel, I would stay there again.

28th Jun 2017

Great value for my money and a nice place to stay in NY. The location is a little far uptown, but near subway lines and easily accessible.