HI NYC Hostel Reviews

891 Amsterdam Avenue, NY 10025-4403, New York, USA

The air conditioner in room 210 is REALY nosiy……

Nice clean place to stay with a lovely warm atmosphere and friendly staff.

• 30th Jan 2016

Excellent hostel!!

I stayed 5 nights. The hostel is in a good location and a subway station is just around the corner. The facility is very clean and in a good shape. The rooms are clean but a bit small and the beds are comfy. The bathrooms are very modern and clean. The breakfast was good and the cafe had good and not too expensive food. Staff helped me with my questions and was friendly. I really recommend this hostel.

The location is easy to get there by taking train 1 or 2 or 3 the express one to get there but you have to get no 1 to get there 1 stop after taking no 2 or 3. It's pretty big building but the room I stayed was okay. The heater was so loud and not okay. If you compare with the HI hostel in Boston or Portland I have been before this location is okay not too bad. The price is acceptable, I mean it's NY price I guess. Breakfast here is great, they will give you a ticket don't lose it.

what annoyed me a lot about the hostel was the fact that it cost a lot and offered so little: the blankets for example were like the ones you get in military, and in frozen january it feels very uncomfortable, the other thing that was annoying was that i had to pay for leaving luggage 5 dollars, I stay in a lot of hostels and NEVER payed for that. plus The hostel is very far away from downtown area with not much to do in the area, at least its close to the subway an expensive tourist factory :(

At first i was worried about the location and thought that it was far and unsafe especially for someone travelling by them self. However when i got up into my room i felt better and more secured. The staff where helpful with directions especially Patrick who took extra time to ensure you understood where and how to go. The location is good right next to subways and public transportations to La Gaudria Airport and other cool places. Would definitely come back

• 18th Jan 2016

Great location

• 17th Jan 2016
  • Scotland

This is a 5 star hostel. Has everything and is super well prepared to receive travellers. It's high standard one even comparing to European hostels. Subway is nearby and it's NYC, you can't go wrong. If you are staying for more than 2 nights I recommend signing up online for the Hostel International because it will be better than the additional nightly fee.

I really enjoyed my stay here. Things I liked: - It was super clean, all the time - They organized a comedy show in the basement, which was fun - The cafe had good and inexpensive food - Atmosphere was welcoming Things that could improve: - The heater in the bedroom was not strong enough, and it was snowing outside. - For some reason the elevator is super slow and takes forever. Some fixing might be good. Would highly recommend this place.

The Hotel is great! Worth the money.

• 15th Jan 2016

HI NYC was my first hostel stay, and I feel like the bar has been set pretty high. For an older building with character, it was also kept very clean and everything was in working order. On top of the great facility itself, the hostel is situated in a neighborhood that feels generally safe, and is surrounded by restaurants and shops, and is SO conveniently close to the subway. The only thing that had me confused was the entrance. It's down this ramp and didn't really stand out.

• 15th Jan 2016
  • crmoreno27

Good hostel, very clean. But huge so very impersonal. However our room was freezing, and a blanket and sheet just wasn't enough. Really need to sort out the heating and get proper duvets. Poor nights sleep due to this (and a snorer but that's by-the-by

First time traveling solo and staying in a hostel, and HI New York did not disappoint. They had things planned everyday and everyone was friendly and polite. I absolutely recommend this hostel for your next trip to New York.

• 13th Jan 2016

Everything is good except the heating system at my room, maybe that was a problem in my room only cause i didn't hear anybody complain about that issue. Also I would like to mention the activities try not miss most of them specially the standup comedy show with (Max) and the walking tour also and special thanks to one of the reception staff i cant remember her name. She was very helpful and helped me in all possible ways and she lent me her Mobile AC Adapter :)

Always a reliable hostel. Need to accelerate checkin a bit. One guy working might not be able to answer one guest's 20 questions while three other guests wait. Accessible 1-line loc.

Clean hostel with friendly & helpful staff. A range of activities offered throughout the week.

Great hostel, but for the price bag storage for the day of departure should also be included.

I enjoyed staying at this hostel for 4 nights. Stuffs were nice and helpful, and cleaning stuffs were working hard to keep clean the room and bathrooms! One thing I might say is that people would appreciate if we have choices between a coffee, a hot chocolate, or a bottle of water in breakfast. Thank you for your hospitality

• 5th Jan 2016
  • Japan

HI NYC was a wonderful place to stay - the activities were great, the staff and other travellers were really friendly, the facilities were great and the location was good too :)

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7