HI NYC Hostel Reviews

891 Amsterdam Avenue, NY 10025-4403, New York, USA

Free breakfast like most other HIs offer would be good.

Las actividades en el hostel son buenas y recomendadas, pero son pocas, podrían ampliar un poco o mejorar la variedad de las mismas. Ojalá el check out pudiera hacer un poco más tarde tipo 2 o 3pm.

• 31st Dec 2015
  • Colombia

This hostel is a very friendly atmosphere!

• 31st Dec 2015
  • Philippines

Staff were really helpful and engaging. This is the second time I have stayed here and I doubt it will be my last.

Best hostel I've stayed in facilities wise. It has EVERYTHING you could want. Although he location could be a lot better. It's on 103rd street and Times Square is at 42nd, so a long way away. Train everyday so costs cash. Plus the room rates are expensive. All in all though a great place if you're willing to wear the other things

I suggest putting rubber cushions on the doors of the metal lockers. They can be really noisy!

• 27th Dec 2015
  • Philippines

I am still yet to hear back from the hostel regarding stolen items after having made multiple attempts. They are not returning my emails or my requests for contact.

• 26th Dec 2015

I thought that facilities and the building etc were very good... However, whilst I accept that hostels have to earn revenue by accommodating as many guests as possible, I do feel that the room in which i stayed (12 beds) was far too overcrowded. Sleep was impossible as people were coming/going at all times of the night. Also, the amount of room available within the room was also lacking. No real room to move, or access the lockers etc.

• 26th Dec 2015

I'm really happy I stayed in this hostel.

• 19th Dec 2015
  • Poland

Holds up the Hostel International name very well. Great place to stay.

I loved the atmosphere and the nice people there!! The stuff members were also always super friendly and helpful. They offer good food for a low price and also give you information about what you can do in the neighboorhood. The only thing what I can criticize is the thin blankets that were a little cold at night and that it's not super clean, but really, it's very good for a hostel.

• 18th Dec 2015

I was a young female travelling solo, first time in NYC, and the hostel was perfect for that kind of trip. It is right next to the 1 line, which will take you to almost every touristic point in New York. Also, totally safe to return to the hostel even late at night. The cafeteria in the first floor had everything you needed for good prices, and the hostel provided many opportunities to meet other people. The staff was very nice. I would totally recommend this place!!

Great vibe and facilities, friendly local staff and great activities! Thanks!

• 14th Dec 2015

This hostel is among the best, that I've ever visited and in any case the cleanliest. Nice location and atmosphere, in general.

The location was the best part. Showers were being renovated and are probably going to be better soon.

I had a great stay here. Location was a little further away from anywhere we wanted to be but it was easy access to the subway. Bed was comfortable and had it's own light and outlet which was great. Lockers were available in each room. Bathrooms were very clean and comfortable. Multiple showers and sinks but could get a bit crowded during peak times but didn't really have an issue. Great options with the free breakfast. All staff was pleasant and kind.

• 11th Dec 2015

Really nice hostel. Clean and nice, friendly staff, and arrangements every day. Nice way to meet people other than those who are in your room.

• 10th Dec 2015
  • Norway

Super clean hostel in ,Manhatten. Just hoped it had more atmosphere!

• 9th Dec 2015
  • Wales

I could not fault the place really

The best experience ever !!!!

• 8th Dec 2015