HI NYC Hostel Reviews

891 Amsterdam Avenue, NY 10025-4403, New York, USA

Nice place

• 16th Jul 2015
  • Uruguay

A very good hostel. Very clean and attractively presented, really nice bathrooms and the staff were always pleasant and friendly. Overall a very good experience. I would highly recommend this hostel.

I had a stain on my pillow, so I would have someone check for things like this before making the bed. I also did not know how to get extra towels. I thought the staff would put new ones on my bed each day. There are it enough showers for women at peak times.

• 13th Jul 2015
  • Scotland

I had a great stay at the your hostel. I had 10 girls in my room, everyone was courteous. The facility is really nice. The staff was helpful. I felt comfortable coming back late at night in the location. I was sad to go. It was a great experience for me. I highly recommend it!

• 12th Jul 2015

My daughter and I had a brief, one-night stay at this hostel. The accommodations were very good!....quiet, clean, secure, comfortable beds (though we could have used another chair in our room), friendly people and generous portions and wide selections of foods for purchase!! It's always a bit of an unknown when anticipating a stay at a hostel, as to what the experience will be like. Thank you for helping us feel welcomed, and for the "exit interview" upon our departure! Mary

• 12th Jul 2015

Where to begin? My room was located on a floor that looked like a construction zone. And although my bed was very comfortable, the room smelled like a boy's high school gym locker room. The second night I was there the ladies bathroom/shower was closed for unknown reasons and no explanation was forthcoming. I found this hostel to be WAY overpriced for what was given. I've stayed in hostels that have cost much less and have been cleaner and sweeter smelling.

really helpful staff :)

• 10th Jul 2015

The staff was always helpful, the sheets were clean and so was the bathroom. I would definitely come back. Guess I can also speak for my whole party.

• 9th Jul 2015

Hostelling International was an awesome place to stay for my first ever time in a hostel. The staff were beyond helpful, the room was clean and the lounge areas were modern with a nice atmosphere and the subway is a 1 minute walk away. My only downside was for my last 2 days I was in a room by myself, but the hostel itself it potentially faultless. Tones of organised activities (mostly relevant if you're over 21) so I'd definitely recommend HI NYC.

• 9th Jul 2015

So good to be away from the busy part of the city and right next to Central Park. AC didn't work one night but they had it fixed in the morning.

• 8th Jul 2015

Everything exceeded my expectations. The neighborhood added to the atmosphere

• 8th Jul 2015

Expensive but lots of places are in NYC. great location for us, subway just 1 block away but quiet area to sleep. staff were brilliant! loads of free tours and stuff to do. clean with good showers. good cafe too not bad prices.

I had a great time at this hostel. It is really clean , comfortable beds, and super clean bathrooms and showers. Loved the bbq. Most of the staff is friendly and helpful. Close to the subway which is great.

• 6th Jul 2015
  • Argentina

The air conditioning wasnt that great. In NY n the summer, it needs to be better. Not sure why it wasnt. The beds were Ok, not as bad as I thought they might be, could be a little softer, but overall they worked. Great set up for different activities. I would for sure consider staying here again.

• 5th Jul 2015

Probably the nicest hostel I've stayed in. The internet was poor at times. Security was lacking as you could easily tailgate anyone into the hostel and the staff wouldn't question it. Really nice to have bathrooms outside of the room. Locker size was more than adequate in the rooms.

Huge hostel! The staff were fantastic and there's lots of activities (tours, pubcrawls etc) that you can join in with. Because it's so big, it's a little difficult for solo travellers to meet people. The evening cafe staff were really friendly.

Staff not as friendly as in smaller hostels, but probably because are extremely busy. Too many groups; they easily 'overpower' single travelers looking to meet new people.

I feel at home in a place for people on the go. It was easy to book. I feel rested after a long haul from Asia

• 2nd Jul 2015
  • Philippines

No complaints! Very pleased with my stay all around

Everything was great staying here. The only problem was the corners of the walls where the beds are placed had a lot of dust which made my allergies kick in.

• 27th Jun 2015