HI NYC Hostel Reviews

891 Amsterdam Avenue, NY 10025-4403, New York, USA

One of the best hostels I ever stayed.

• 28th Apr 2015

Appreciate your great comment. Thank you.

It was a great experience at the hostel. I would definitely come back there. The staff was nice with people and it was a very good atmosphere. I also enjoyed all the activities they organised like tours and pub crawl.

• 25th Apr 2015

Thank you, See you soon.

There was so much noise everywhere, the bathrooms were disgusting. There's no breakfast, it's way overpriced considering how it is.

Thank you for your great feedback. We do apologize about the noise, but for the future we do have 24 hr. security. The next time you visit us please ensure to use our security as access. As far as the bathrooms, I do see the floor you were staying on. I will have housekeeping make more frequent rounds of the bathrooms. Breakfast is provided only for the premium dorms, but we provide breakfast at discounted price for our large dorms. See you soon.

It was a nice hostel, friendly staff and with a lot of activities that allow people like me that were there alone to meet other people. The bedroom was ok, the bed comfortable and with a big locker right next to it, although having some hooks would make it better (like the HI in boston) The bathroom was clean. It was near two metro stations and it seems safe to get back late at night. The only issue was the first day was cold outside and the heat was off so the room and the bath were a bit cold.

Our staff love to hear great things about them. The temperature on the heaters in the rooms can be manually brought up or down. Sorry you wasn't informed about that. Thank you for staying with us.

Staff is a bit rude, not as backpacker friendly, but I think that's common in USA hostels. But, the volunteers that take people out and the comedians were cool and social, they should be the ones getting paid. Room had a horrible odor, switched to another room that wasn't much better. Expensive and not worth the money. Wifi wasn't that good either, if you could get it to work. Too many underage kids running around. Ended up switching hostels.

We take pride in making sure our guests leave happy. We will use this as a training for the staff to ensure guest satisfaction is always met. When you plan on visiting again, please inform a manager that way we can make sure your stay is great. Thank you.

This is a nice hostel in the Upper West Side of Manhattan. Hostel is kept well, always see staff cleaning and staff working to attend the hostel. Lots of events to attend, and tours by the hostel. Staff was very curteous and helpful. Breakfast is not complimentary, but there is a very nice cafe inside the hostel, which is always open. Hostel is clean, sheets and towels are changed every day. I recommend this hostel, great place to stay. Shout out to Paul for the amazing Brooklyn tour!

Thank you. See you again soon.

Our first night stay there was a guest who ended up sleeping in my bed and smelled really awful, effecting everybody in the room I'm sure. It ruined the whole experience for me.

• 18th Apr 2015

I'm sorry you didn't have the experience you were expecting. Unfortunately, at times guests just go into a room and take any bed. When we are notified, we make sure to correct the bed situation in the rooms. Look forward to seeing you again next time. Ask for a manager and I guarantee your experience will be unforgettable.

Some of the staff were not only rude, they were indignant about being so.

• 16th Apr 2015

I apologize on behalf of our staff. We will use this as a training tool to train the staff more. Please ask for a manager on your next visit to make sure your stay is unforgettable. Look foward to seeing you again.

I had a great week at this hostel,would recommend it to anyone

We really appreciate your recommendation. Happy to hear your week with us was great. Thank you for staying with us.

It was really good and funny! A lot of great activities organized by the hostel. The only problem was the wifi connection - poor!

Sorry you experienced problems with the wifi. We had our IT company working on it. Glad you enjoyed the activities we provide. Take care...

This was a great hostel. The staff were friendly and helpful and it was great that there was 24 hour access. The rooms were comfortable and the bathroom and kitchen had good, clean working facilities. Plus there were loads of events going on. Good location too

I see you had a wonderful time staying with us. Thank you for coming. See you again in the future. Thanks

Nice place! The storage isn't for free and quite expensive.

Thanks for your feedback. We provide free storage upon arrival. For departure, there are optional rental lockers we offer. Sorry for any inconvenience. See you on your next visit to NYC.

It was good

• 4th Apr 2015

Thank you. See you again!!!

I was actually very bummed to move to a hotel near Time Square after departing here. It was nice to feel like I was part of a neighborhood. The staff was very friendly. Everything was clean. Lots of space to hang out. The area felt very safe, and I felt fine walking to the hostel from the train station as a single women traveler. The only downside was how late the Harlem Gospel Tour ran. I had to depart early due to other engagements. Such a good tour though, and well worth the $$$

I have pleasant experience in the hostel. I did not have any problem getting there. The young boy that was in the reception was very friendly ( I forgot his name but he is from DR). The room and the bed were clean the same as the toilet. I did not have much time to walk around as I stayed in NY for only one night but I reckon everything was clean. I slept in a room with ten other guests. All of them were friendly and quiet/ respectful. I am very happy with my choice. Thanks heaps

• 3rd Apr 2015
  • Venezuela

Our staff thrives on providing the best service. Thank you for choosing us. See you soon.

GOOD: the location, metro, mc donalds, supermarket, are close, they offer you activities to pass the day , BAD: you have to pay breakfast and internet. but it NYC.

Thanks for your positive feedback. Breakfast is included with our premium dorms and we offer discounted breakfast for all other dorms. Happy to hear you enjoyed our activities. Come again. Thank you....

if you can stay with 4 people thats great for you just like prison camp

• 1st Apr 2015

Thank you for staying with us. Sharing rooms with multiple people might not be something everyone is used to. We do offer private rooms for those that like their privacy. Thank you....

Very clean hostel. It was in an okay location for the price and the staff were very nice.

• 1st Apr 2015

We appreciate your feedback. Our staff loves it when our guests leave happy. See you soon. Thank you...

Great hostel would defiantly recommend to anyone staying in the big Apple :)

• 31st Mar 2015

We appreciate your recommendation. Hope to see you soon. Thank you...

Great Hostel, with a lot of activities for everybody.

We try to provide activities for everyone to participate in. Thank you.