HI NYC Hostel Reviews

891 Amsterdam Avenue, NY 10025-4403, New York, USA

A wonderful place for anyone willing to share with 3 others. One of the most professionally ran hostels I have ever been to, with knowledgeable and empathetic staff. I can't recommend this place highly enough!!

• 15th Oct 2015

We had a great time at HI NYC, and would reccomend it,, especially if you are wanting to meet new people, as the hostel has great group activities, many of which are free/cheap. Our beds were pretty good by most hostel standards. It was annoying that there were renovations while we were there, as we had to go up a few levels in order to have a shower, but we understa. The only thing that annoyed me was the paid locker storage downstairs, as you could only open it once, which wadnt clear.

Great security, the location is very good (1 block from Central Park and lines B/C and 1 block from Broadway Avenue - line 1), lots of restaurants and bars - bad side is: no clubs around, but you're only going to find clubs downtown. Staff is very polite and welcoming, and the activities are really nice. Very clean, facilities are very good (specially restrooms) and atmosphere is very good (smartphones wreck it but still v. good). Don't pay cheap for worst. This is my #1 choince in NYC.

The 4 people room was just tiny. Not something I was expecting. Not much room to even open 2 luggage cases at the same time. The cafe at the lobby was, however a very good plus. This hostel was also very close to a subway station.

Great location, clean, helpful, friendly staff.

• 10th Oct 2015

Nice location, although it's not at the center of attractions it's very close to metro and Central Park. Facilities are nice and clean. The hostel does have many activities however it's not easy to make friends here if you don't join the activities. Hot breakfast/coffee is offered at a really good price. It is a little pricy for a hostel though.

The activities were amazing my sister and I did both the comedy nights hosted by Max and also the Central Park tour by Bob, if we stayed at a hotel we wouldn't of done a comedy night and if we went to Central Park we would of got lost so thanks for the trips

• 8th Oct 2015

There was a smell inside the room, like no air runs trough it, you get used to it but I think they should pay extra attention to this detail.

We were extremely impressed with this hostel. A short subway ride away from Times Square and a 5 mins walk to Central Park, it is in a super location. The bathrooms were always clean and spotless. There was also a great cafe onsite cafe serving everything you could need, as well as a lovely courtyard and lounge area to chill in. We also went on the organised pub crawl which was great fun, and a tour of The Bronx run by the hostel. Overall, this hostel is definitely brilliant value for money.

Overall the hostel was good. I was in a 4 bed mixed dorm whichwas ccomfortable and included a decent sized locker. The breakfast included was basic and I ended up eating out but it was nice option. The main drawback for me was the location. It's around 30minutes on the subway to downtown and 15 to midtown, so for my two day, very touristy itinerary I'd have been better in somewhere further south.

Ey guys, only 2 showers for 2 floors! i have to wait 30 minutes to have a showers! come on! when i arrived my bed was busy and at 2/3 o clock someone from the staff came to wake me up in a rude way! All others things are excelents, so many spaces to chill out, good kitchen, good location, 1 block from de subway (fantastic)

In the room where i stayed, none of the beds had a bed-light nor charging socket.

I was staying at the hostel twice, the first one I had a great time, everythings was perfetc and clean the second one was quite different, I was on the 3rd floor and toillet was pretty dirty and paid for the same room 50% more of my previous time (1 day difference)

Great hostel - there is nothing more to add!!

Whole stay was excellent, great location too. Highly recommend

• 5th Oct 2015

Loved my 2 night stay at IH NYC. Glad to see a few older people there. Of course it is mostly young people from all over the world and they are excited to be there so it's a fun atmosphere to be in, not the quietest place but NYC is always on the move and IH provides free earplugs. The staff was great. Ozzie in particular is amazing. He remembered and addressed me by my name! IH truly welcomes the world to NYC. PS Bring air freshener, that was my only complaint (carpet smells).

• 5th Oct 2015

Its a nice place, the food in the cafeteria is great, the wifi is good, people from all over the world stays here, for the location the money you pay its a great deal. Do not expect a 5 stars hotel. I will stay here again the next time I visit NYC. The elevator it's slow but you can always use the stairs.

• 4th Oct 2015
  • Ecuador

Nice hostel. Free breakfast is always a bonus. Easy transport links, if a tiny bit out of central manhattan. The night out with max was good fun. Trip to a comedy place to see lots of local comedy, followed by a trip to some bars and a pizza place. All you need!

• 1st Oct 2015

Staffs there r super nice.nice position in Manhattan.easy to make friends there.

I didn't actually end of staying but you get a 100% for your very traveller friendly cancellation policy. Thanks for your flexibility.