HI NYC Hostel Reviews

891 Amsterdam Avenue, NY 10025-4403, New York, USA

24h staff was great, felt secure in the neighborhood, only about 20-25 minute subway to midtown, the subway station is exactly one block from the hostel which was awesome, great value for money, one of the cleaner hostels I have stayed in, I went on 2 tours through the hostel and they were both good (harlem/comedy), free locker in room was very big (able to fit large suitcase, bring your own lock) and extra lockers available for rent for 5$. Definitely a great hostel, I would stay here again!

Best hostel in NYC

Lacked interation between guests. It's a great place if you want a place to take a nice shower and go to bed, not so much for partying.

The staff was very pleasant and helpful! My only complaint would be that the shower I used was horrible and the wifi was horrible between 5pm-2am when everyone was using it. I felt that the energy there was very high even with the bad weather! There was always people hanging out downstairs. It wasn't loud after quit hours making for a good sleep. I would over all recommend this hostle to anyone! 4 thumbs up 👍👍👍👍 also the cafe was affordable and very yummy.

Overall very pleasant stay

Really appreciated the events organized by the hostel such as the social hour, pub crawl, and free walking tour.

• 28th May 2015

The vibe was awesome and they really foster a good atmosphere of fun and safety. The value of the accommodation is just average, but the cafe inside has great food and drinks for an awesome value compared to nearby places.

A very good and unique experience. Will definitely come back and recommend family & friends. Excellent value for money!

The Staff Was Outstanding Day Shift And Night Shift

• 27th May 2015

A great bargain -- thanks for breakfast!

• 26th May 2015

I will absolutely stay here again! The front desk is open 24/7, and most of the staff is multilingual. I felt very safe in the hostel and neighborhood, which is important for a woman traveling alone. The bunk bed was surprisingly comfortable, although I wish the blanket provided was of better quality. They provided as many towels as I wanted. My only complaint: I wish they had a sign explaining how to AC senses an open door or window and shuts off. Had to get the staff to help turn it on.

Slow elwvator, smelly rooms, too hot...ac not strong enough

• 23rd May 2015

I stayed one night (23) alone and then 7 nights as part of a sierra club group. I found the staff very welcoming and helpful. The staff at the café were friendly and very efficient. Check out was very efficient. I enjoyed eating outside. I would definitely stay at the hostel again.

• 23rd May 2015

The best run Hostel International I've ever stayed in. It's also the most expensive. However, it is well worth it for service, cleanliness, security, activities, & location.

Best hotel I've stopped in!!! Will go there everytime I'm travelling to nyc.

I like the location, value, the staff & the atmosphere. One thing I really hate is that the A/C sounds like a tractor at night. I do not know how my roommates slept...

• 22nd May 2015
  • China

I thought the hostel was OK.. It was pretty loud so you need to make sure you bring ear plugs! Rooms were clean enough, décor fairly basic and old. Biggest issue was the location, it's quite high up and since I spent most of my time downtown it was a trek every day. Some brilliant free tours, though. The Brooklyn Lights tour was excellent, so was the central park tour. The intern doing the Greenwich/Soho tour seemed embarrassed and lacking in knowledge so I wouldn't recommend that one.

I enjoyed my stay. Love to stay again in my next visit.

• 20th May 2015
  • Philippines

The onsite cafe was great value and good quality. I wonder if there is any possibility of using any roof space.

• 19th May 2015

HI NYC looks better in the pictures than in real life. Good activities. Huge Hostel- less sense of community. Basic but effective facilities

• 19th May 2015