HI NYC Hostel Reviews

891 Amsterdam Avenue, NY 10025-4403, New York, USA

Love activities so much!especially the comedy show and clubbing with max.had a lot of fun!

It was my first stay and I was very happy with the bed & facilities. Enjoyed that most guest had a respect for communal living. Only problem was when rooms were rented to groups of young people who felt they were the only ones in the hostel. Perhaps posting rules on doors or in the rooms to reinforce quiet time consideration for those who don't read their check in sheets or putting such groups on lower floor so no one under them??

• 29th Sep 2015

It's my second time at the hostel. I enjoy it every time good activities. Specialy the comedy nights in and out of hostel.

I liked the hostel a lot. Staff was very friendly and helpful. The general atmosphere in the hostel was great. I especially liked the activities and tours they offered. I went to the stand up comedy that they organized and it was awesome. I also went to gospel tour which was a very unique experiece. All in all Ioved my experience in this hostel. Thank you very much for making my stay in New York so special.

No breakfast. Dorm of 10 beds was big enough, each bed has its own light and plugs. The area is not so nice to walk at night

HI New York was my first hostel experience and I am SO happy it was! The staff were mostly friendly and courteous, the rooms and facilities were nice (at first I thought there weren't enough showers but I was wrong I never had to wait long for a shower at all) and the hostels vibe was amazing! The location isn't perfect but its in the middle of two subway lines that will take you to most anywhere you need to go! Thanks for a great stay!

Hostel is located on 103rd but the #1 train is only a block away, so transportation all the way down to the tip of Manhattan isn't a problem. Security wise, the hostel is located near some projects but everybody needs a keycard to enter the building and the individual rooms. The hostel also offers lockers to store your goods. When it comes to atmosphere, this is a pretty good place to stay. The hostel is filled with travelers and it offers daily events. If you're coming to NYC, I'd go with HI

First time in NY for me and i was really pleased to stay with HI NYC Hostel for these few days! Hope to come back and share more experiences. Keep going!!

• 27th Sep 2015

I loved my time at HI hotel, the guy that helped me at check in, was super nice and polite, the room was very quiet and clean, I will definitely recommend it.

• 25th Sep 2015
  • Venezuela

Great place to stay if you don't wanna be in the centre of it all. Staff are friendly and the facilities are brilliant. Not a day went by when I didn't see a cleaner cleaning so cleanliness gets top marks from me. Lockers in dorms are fairly big, room for a medium case and some other stuff. I didn't really socialise much since I was sightseeing every day but they always had some events going on so if that's your type of thing then this place will be just right for you. Definitely recommended

Everything was fantastic!

Thought the hostel was very clean and the staff were super helpful. I wouldn't have anything bad to say about this place. You can't expect amazing for the price you pay but I do think you get a great stay for the price.

Great experience! Thank you!

• 23rd Sep 2015

Great location and facilities. The highlights were the daily events which were really enjoyable.

• 21st Sep 2015

Second stay at the hostel and loved it again.

I enjoyed my stay and was great seeing the global diversity in the hostel.

• 21st Sep 2015

it was actually like a dormitory. But i liked this place. Clear beds, bathrooms, cafeteria, wifi... it's good place. i advise

• Turkey

Wifi was a bit slow. Good facilities, near the metro.

Amazing place staff are wonderful bathrooms could be a bit cleaner but overall I loved it would definitely come back again

Very clean and well run hostel. It's expensive but that is NYC prices! Included breakfasts were good and towels etc great! Gospel tour in Harlem is excellent! Recommended!