HI NYC Hostel Reviews

891 Amsterdam Avenue, NY 10025-4403, New York, USA

Great friendly staff. Nice open spaces to hang out and meet people. Close to subway station. Free continental breakfast. Overall a great experience

环境地理位置还不错,气氛也挺好的,空间很大,有一个很大很现代的自助厨房。员工也挺好的

The hostel was very clean. Staff very helpful. I can't complain about anything.

• 17th Sep 2015
  • Czech Republic

In my personal point of view: perfect. Delivery as expected

My only problem was the air con unit in the room which made so much noise , plus we had no control of the temperature or turning it on or off so I was freezing during the night , more to the point I slept in sweats , t-shirt , hoodie , pair of socks and 2 blankets and I was still cold . This is would be the way I would have to dress back home in Scotland during the winter , not during the summer in New York City . Other than the temperature issue I had an amazing stay and would gladly stay .

A very good hostel, with huge leaving room, kitchen and patio. They propose activities every day as city tour, comedy, pub crawl... Very good atmosphere and great people!! Breakfast not included though, it's a shame! Some toast and a coffee would have appreciated!

The hostel was very clean and it is well located because is near to two different subway stations. One negative point is that the hostel doesnt have a bar so at nights you need to leave de hostel in order to get a beer

• 13th Sep 2015
  • Chile

ニューヨークは高くて忙しいので、ベッドを取るのが大変で、ある日、HINYCで、ベッドが無いと言われ、ブロンクスのホステルへ行く羽目になった。そこで薬物を盛られ、二度吐いた。その日は一睡も出来なかった。その後そのホステルからカードで二重請求されている。NYでは急にベッドが無いこともあるので注意です。 スタッフは忙しいのに良く働いてますが、その日の気分や時間帯で機嫌が悪かったり、意地悪かったりもする。フロントのネットを使うな、有料のネットを使えと言うが、あんなの金だけ食って何の予約も出来たモンじゃない。毎日のように部屋を変えられたりするのは嫌がらせか?部屋は大抵におうし。いい人もいて助けてもらったけど、やはりNY、きつい印象ですね。

Not enough bathrooms and limited showers. I would however still stay there again as everything else more than made up for this

Really enjoyed my stay here! Felt very safe and it was near a subway stop and Central Park. The hostel was incredibly clean and felt very comfortable in bed. Slightly less friendly atmosphere between fellow travellers due to the large scale of the hostel compared to smaller hostels I've stayed in. A great hostel!

• 12th Sep 2015

I always stay here when I visit NYC. I first stayed here in 2006 and it has improved every year since. Really loved the fast Wifi everywhere this time. The cell phone charging stations was nice too. The Big Apple cafe on site is better now. I have stayed in a few other hostels in NYC but this is the best in terms of facilities, location and atmosphere. You can easily get 50 people in a pub crawl! The price may seem a bit high but still reasonable considering location (New York is not cheap).

Great location, good beds, very helpful staff, activities available. Looking forward to returning.

Great hostel! Nice atmosphere, lot of organised tours and nights out. Personnels nice and gentle. Clean. Just a bit expensive but that's what you get by being in Manhattan!

We spent three days in what has to be known as the best hostel in NYC. Both my friends and I had an amazing stay and would highly recommend staying here to anyone coming to the city. Thank you so much for having us it was a rea pleasure.

lots of group activities. sets the bar high for other hostels

Local transportation to here is very simple. The staff is helpful and courteous. This place is worth it . If you can book early and get a lower rate you will be safe, comfortable and close to everything in the city.

This hostel was too big to meet people. It felt much more like a hotel than a hostel. However the facilities are pretty good and so is the location.

This hostel is just okay. The location is good. It is only one block away from the subway which takes you to Times Square in about ten minutes. The hostel is huge though and lacks athmospherr because of it. There are just too many people going in and out. Showers are decent and clean enough. The room was not very clean though. Around my bed was all this trash that someone before me left there and wasn't cleaned up. For the price you have to pay breakfast should be included.

- The elevator has some serious issues and took a long time going up and down every time. - I was woken up every 15-20 minutes in the morning starting at 6:00 by alarms going off from the other travelers. I understand that people have different schedules but I found it rude and not courteous that they would 1. have a loud volume on their alarm 2. they were making noise before quiet hours ended. Maybe a better message reminding people of this would help more

Everything was nice here.However, the day before I left,the staff there made a reservation of a bus from hostel to the airport for me.And the bus didn't show up on time...so I needed to take the metro instead!I was lucky and finally caught my plane.I was a bit angry about that.