HI NYC Hostel Reviews

891 Amsterdam Avenue, NY 10025-4403, New York, USA

Excelent hostel!

• 4th Sep 2015
  • Argentina

This is a fantastic place with a great atmosphere. The staff is the best and I loved how polite and helpful they all were. The only problem that I had was with the people visiting. None of the visitors were very friendly and refused to socialize - the main reason I decided to stay in a hostel. Better luck with the next one I guess.

• 4th Sep 2015

Facilities wise this place is unreal and it's spotless to boot. I always find these huge HI places a but soulless though and this is no exception. Cafe downstairs is a good easy option though there are lots of alternatives nearby. Overall good value for Manhattan.

Loved all the activities put on.

Very clean and safe place to stay, staff were friendly enough and good value for money

HI there, I had a wonderful stay in HI Hostel! The atmosphere was very friendly and it's a nice way to meet people and share experiences of our time in New York.

• 1st Sep 2015

I was only at the hostel long enough to shower and sleep before getting on my next flight but I liked it. It is huge, a super quick walk from the subway station and a stroll from Central Park. Great bathrooms and excellent kitchen, I wish I had time to chill in all the communal spaces. Staff are helpful. Even though my room already had lights off when I arrived I found an outlet close to my bed and a decent-sized locker.

best hostel i have ever stayed in. higher standard than some hotels I've stayed in at london! amazing value for money!

• 26th Aug 2015

Always clean and Great Kitchen to Cook your own meals. Only a snort Ride away from midtown. Will stay Again on my next Visit in NYC

The only problem I had with this hostel was that the Wifi was absolutely terrible. Unless you logged on in the middle of the night, it was barely usable.

I had the best time at this hostel. I decided to take off last minute on my own and literally the second I arrived I was chatting away to people in similar situations. It had the friendliest atmosphere, so chilled out and plenty of yours and events for meeting people/getting out. The location is obviously the only downside if you're looking to stick around the Times Square area but if you really want the full NY experience the location is only an advantage. Can't recommend this place enough.

• 22nd Aug 2015
  • Scotland

Awesome hostel, would happily start again!

Love this welcoming hostel with helpful and cheerful staff. Great!

One of the best hostels I've ever been. Excelent food, very clean, awesome atmosphere and usefull facilities. The only issue is the Wi-Fi that doen't work very well sometimes. it's an amazing place and I recommend it!

• 19th Aug 2015

Great, clean hostel. Loved the private shower areas. Everything was VERY clean. Close to subway and tours included. Definitely a great place to stay, but not the best for meeting people because it's such a huge hostel. Loved it though since I met up with a friend who lives in the city.

A pleasent stay. I stayed in a 4 bed female room. It was basic but very clean, bedding was good and there was somewhere to charge my phone next to each bed. There were lockers in the room and key cards to your room. There was storage downstairs for 24hours only $5 and easily big enough for big bags. Showers were hit and I never saw a queue, there was a hairdryer in the bathroom to use. Breakfast is available at the cafe. I had it included and it was v basic. The over options looked better!

I really liked the public spaces and the cafe in the hostel. Also very close to the subway! The staff are super friendly. Unfortunately, there was no shower for people staying on the first floor, making it very crowded on the second floor bathroom. I didn't fully enjoy my stay but it didn't have to do with the hostel itself..more with the people that ended up in my room.

It was good.

• 14th Aug 2015
  • South Korea

The AC was confusing for some. Not a lot of people didn't know that opening the windows will turn it off so newcomers keep opening the windows. It could probably because of the bad smell in the room too that made other guests open the windows. Varying food options at the restaurant would be great so that guests won't eat the same thing.

I really liked staying at the hostel. The atmosphere was social and I met some great people! However, I didn't like how I was bumped to an 8 person dorm room when I had booked a six bed room dorm without notice. Also the fact that the bathroom was closed on my floor was a real inconvenience. Otherwise it was great!

• 13th Aug 2015