HI - New York City NYC Hostel Reviews

891 Amsterdam Avenue, NY 10025-4403, New York, USA

Big and very well located hostel. Close to a subway station and to Central Park,right in the middle of the upper west side. A little bit pricey but for New York is understandable. Great facilities in a huge building. Nice kitchen and big common areas. Rooms have not so big lockers but in the basement they have a storage with huge lockers in case you are traveling heavy. They have an awesome 12 hour tour through almost the whole city with Jerry, try it!

The sraff should be more kindly. The building is good and the indication is perfect to visit all Manhattan. I recommended it

• 13th Sep 2014
  • Spain

I had a great experience with your hostel. The staff was friendly, helpful, and welcoming. I will definitely stay at HI Hostel the next time I am in NYC. Thanks, all!

• 10th Sep 2014

Was a great find. All the staff very helpful and friendly. Gave me a great room, especially chosen as I am disabled with a mobility scooter. Could do with more toilets and showers on first floor as this also holds large conference room. A children's party put strain on availability. Hostel very close to public transport. Good facilities. Would have breakfasted there but cafe a little limited in its offerings. Enjoyed it greatly and will be back.

• 8th Sep 2014

Get the 1 for travel to and from the hostel. If you get the other line, you'll have to walk through a housing development which is a bit sketchy. This hostel is just like all other HI hostels I've been at - there's no life about it at all. Feels like a hotel as opposed to a hostel.

干净,设施都很好,人很热情!

• 8th Sep 2014
  • China

This is the best hostel I've stayed in my entire life! I had great memories here, really. Located between 2 subway stations (so it's convenient!). I love my female bed room, it's so clean. Toilet/Shower so many, and it's all clean because cleaner clean it many times. Café is very reasonable price. Kitchen is almost perfect like home, I had 3 times dinner there. Interior of hostel is so beautiful and lovely! Staffs are helpful and informative 24/7! Free activities are must-do there! LOVE IT! :)

The location is good. The facilities are very complete and clean. I like the room for female, but when come to the night, it will be a little noisy. I will choose it next time!

• 4th Sep 2014
  • China

Gret hostel. Easy to get to know other travellers, great and helpful staff, plenty of activities, nice and affordable cafeteria, close to subway station. I would defenetely recommend it.

This was the first hostel I have stayed in. I could not have asked for more. Superb staff on the reception and in the small cafeteria area. Good food available at decent prices. The room was very clean, same goes for bathrooms. Very impressedby that considering how large the place is and the amount of guests. Good little tv area with huge projector screen. Plenty of activities including funny comedy nights. Not much going on around the area. Its close to Harlem but perfectly safe. Great place.

• 4th Sep 2014

I would just like to say that this place is phenomenal.. I had the best time of my life here with no exxaggeration! I spent my last few days in america here from a long trip and these days were the best from the entire 12 weeks stay! I met the most amazing of people and I am so greatful for this.. Thank you HI NYC.. I will be sure to return if I am back in NYC!

• 3rd Sep 2014
  • Scotland

Amazing hostel! Fantastic pub crawl and comedy nights, lots of places to be social or just be outside. Staff were great at recommending everything and were always helpful. The cafe inside is good. Nearby everything including 2 metro stops with different lines. The rooms were clean with big storage lockers. Would defiantly come back and go to the Thai market restaurant on 108!

Overall a good place to stay, good facilities, especially the onsite café food was great, only complaint was allowing people to chat loudly in the garden noise travels upwards difficult to sleep ( and I am talking about 4 in the morning), there should be a quite policy after midnight or something like that

Room was excruciatingly hot during the nights, apart from that it was fab!

Hosteling International was brilliantly priced, safe and very central. The rooms were modern and comfortable and the facilities were very good. The staff were also friendly and helpful, overall a great time!

• 31st Aug 2014

love this hostel! wish it was more afforable but NY is expensive in general- still a great deal! love the location in the upper west side and how accessible it is to the bus, airport and subway.

I liked that there were many showers and patio was really nice. Some staffs were frienly but some were not. They have many activities interesting. It is knida upper part of New York but it was nice and safe place as I felt.

I was very pleased with hostel and its facilities. Thedesk staff were very friendly and helpful as were the cafe staff. I was amazed at thesizeof the building and the number of roomswhere you can relax. I felt at home even though I am over 65 and the majority of residents were under 30. The breakfast included was filling and healthy. Therest of the food on offer was fresh and varied and very reasonable.

• 27th Aug 2014

Just a walk from the Subway and right in the heart of Harlem. Not the best location if you want to do sight seeing, but still a great hostel. The staff are SUPER awesome, very helpful & will go the extra mile to help out ;)

The location isn't very good. The showers were quite dirty, so were the bedrooms. With so many people sleeping in the same room it has to be cleaned more than once a week. Some of the staff was very helpful and friendly while some barely looked at us when we asked them quesions.

• 24th Aug 2014