HI - New York City NYC Hostel Reviews

891 Amsterdam Avenue, NY 10025-4403, New York, USA

By far one of the best hostels I have ever stayed in! Clean, neat, friendly staff, great location (very close to the Subway and to Columbia U). I highly recommend this place!

• 18th Nov 2014

It was a nice hostel. It's autentic and clean. There are activities every day. They have their own kitchen, theater and store. I like it.

• 15th Nov 2014
  • Bolivia

I've been travelling for about 6 months, in Europe and Canada, this was by far the cleanest and nicest hostel I have stayed in. The food downstairs was fantastic and the room was extremely clean!

• 4th Nov 2014

Great homely place , all staff/owners were always super smiley, all facilities were good and great heating in room! Little far out but the walk was beautiful !!

Our staff will be happy to hear the great news. Thank you and come back soon....

I had a really good time there in NYC. The Hostel is clean and people are friendly! Definietely would come back! :)

We love to hear our guests had a great time in our lovely city. Don't take to long to return. There is more to see. Thank you....

best I've found in NYC

Thank you for your great feed back. Look forward to seeing you soon....

A bit far from the city center

• 31st Oct 2014

The value for money is really good. We can get in the train to anywhere anyways. I recommend the place. Clean rooms and showers, hot water, not too much people. I was feeling safe there.

• 31st Oct 2014

I can recomend this accomodation for everyone. Greetings from Czech Republic:). Bye, Josef.

• 29th Oct 2014
  • Czech Republic

It was a pleasure having you here. Thanks for your great feedback. See you again.

Perfect hostel, good place with many activities so you won't get bored. There are a café with good food.

We are happy to hear to enjoyed your time with us and our tours. Thanks.

Staff was very friendly and helpful, location was very close to subway, activities everyday for guests, rooms were ok and the bathrooms weren't the cleanest due to too many people sharing them but the overall stay was good.

• 16th Oct 2014

I'm happy to hear you enjoyed yourself at our hostel. Thank you.

This was my first time staying at a Hostel. I must say I was pleasantly surprised with the experience, from the atmosphere, to the cleanliness, to the location. The only negative feedback I have, and my roommates shared the same opinion, was that the bedroom was way too hot to sleep comfortably. The rest of the hostel had good temperature control, so I'm not quite sure what the problem with the bedroom was. Nonetheless, next time I'm in New York, I'll certainly be booking with HI - New York City

• 15th Oct 2014

The A/C works only with the windows closed. It has a detector to shut of if the windows or door is open. Next time you visit, if you have any troubles, please feel free to see our staff members which are always willing to help.

Hi quality hostel. Massive, clean, New York City. Happy days. :)

Come back now. We already missing ya.

Some staff don't seem to care but others are really good. It's in an ok location but you just get the subway everywhere anyway. They started a breakfast deal while I was there but it wasn't well advertised so I didn't know about it, the cafe is good though. They have plenty of activities during the week if you want to get involved. There were a lot of school kids staying there which I hated but you can't help who the clientele are. At the end of the day I would stay here again.

Thank you for the great feedback. We will coach the staff on this subject. I'm sorry you didn't get enough time to participate in our new breakfast. Now, we have new signs at the desk promoting it since it is such a great deal. See you next time in H.I.NYC.

Kind of overpriced for a hostel but the location was very close to the subway. Staff could have been more plentiful. They seemed short staffed and stressed. I went on the clubbing outing and the Harlem Gospel Tour. Both of these were disappointing.

• 10th Oct 2014

We want to thank you for your information. This will serve as a learning tool to coach the staff. Sorry for the inconvenience. We will make it better the next time you visit.

located one block from the number 1 subway line.

It is very convenient. Thank you

Upper central NYC is a great hostel- I really enjoyed my stay and ended up extending it! The staff are super friendly and willing to help with anything you ask! I would definitely stay here again if/when I go back to New York.

I appreciate your feedback. Will share with the staff. Come back now.

Solid location, great hostel facilities, lots of great open space and common areas. Would definitely stay again when in the area next!

We will see you coming to the hostel again soon. I know you haven't seen it all in the city yet.

This hostel has great facilities, very clean and comfortable with everything that you need but the atmosphere was terrible. It is too big it has no homely feel to it and isn't good for meeting other people it feels like being in an airport or a public food court or something. as a female solo traveler I felt safe here (apart from walking past the projects at night) but it was a lonely place. Would be perfect if you are travelling in a group

Thank you for your comment. We are currently working on renovations on the 1st floor to make it more cozy and comfortable. See you soon.

Would be great to have a designated quiet area. The food in the fridges is chaos . This could be solved by small contsiners you can put your food in, as they do at the SF Hostel at Fisherman's Wharf. The food at your cafe is fantastic! Especially the salads. Dorms have inconsiderate people coming in at all hours and not being quiet. It would be good to have rules of conduct and stress them when guests arrive. But it was GREAT and good value :)

• 1st Oct 2014

Thank you for your great idea. We have already placed some containers for guests to place their food individually. See you again soon.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7