HI - New York City NYC Hostel Reviews

891 Amsterdam Avenue, NY 10025-4403, New York, USA

I had a great experience with your hostel. The staff was friendly, helpful, and welcoming. I will definitely stay at HI Hostel the next time I am in NYC. Thanks, all!

• 10th Sep 2014

Get the 1 for travel to and from the hostel. If you get the other line, you'll have to walk through a housing development which is a bit sketchy. This hostel is just like all other HI hostels I've been at - there's no life about it at all. Feels like a hotel as opposed to a hostel.

干净,设施都很好,人很热情!

• 8th Sep 2014
  • China

Gret hostel. Easy to get to know other travellers, great and helpful staff, plenty of activities, nice and affordable cafeteria, close to subway station. I would defenetely recommend it.

This was the first hostel I have stayed in. I could not have asked for more. Superb staff on the reception and in the small cafeteria area. Good food available at decent prices. The room was very clean, same goes for bathrooms. Very impressedby that considering how large the place is and the amount of guests. Good little tv area with huge projector screen. Plenty of activities including funny comedy nights. Not much going on around the area. Its close to Harlem but perfectly safe. Great place.

• 4th Sep 2014

I would just like to say that this place is phenomenal.. I had the best time of my life here with no exxaggeration! I spent my last few days in america here from a long trip and these days were the best from the entire 12 weeks stay! I met the most amazing of people and I am so greatful for this.. Thank you HI NYC.. I will be sure to return if I am back in NYC!

• 3rd Sep 2014
  • Scotland

Amazing hostel! Fantastic pub crawl and comedy nights, lots of places to be social or just be outside. Staff were great at recommending everything and were always helpful. The cafe inside is good. Nearby everything including 2 metro stops with different lines. The rooms were clean with big storage lockers. Would defiantly come back and go to the Thai market restaurant on 108!

Overall a good place to stay, good facilities, especially the onsite café food was great, only complaint was allowing people to chat loudly in the garden noise travels upwards difficult to sleep ( and I am talking about 4 in the morning), there should be a quite policy after midnight or something like that

Room was excruciatingly hot during the nights, apart from that it was fab!

Hosteling International was brilliantly priced, safe and very central. The rooms were modern and comfortable and the facilities were very good. The staff were also friendly and helpful, overall a great time!

• 31st Aug 2014

love this hostel! wish it was more afforable but NY is expensive in general- still a great deal! love the location in the upper west side and how accessible it is to the bus, airport and subway.

I liked that there were many showers and patio was really nice. Some staffs were frienly but some were not. They have many activities interesting. It is knida upper part of New York but it was nice and safe place as I felt.

I was very pleased with hostel and its facilities. Thedesk staff were very friendly and helpful as were the cafe staff. I was amazed at thesizeof the building and the number of roomswhere you can relax. I felt at home even though I am over 65 and the majority of residents were under 30. The breakfast included was filling and healthy. Therest of the food on offer was fresh and varied and very reasonable.

• 27th Aug 2014

The location isn't very good. The showers were quite dirty, so were the bedrooms. With so many people sleeping in the same room it has to be cleaned more than once a week. Some of the staff was very helpful and friendly while some barely looked at us when we asked them quesions.

• 24th Aug 2014
  • Sweden

Air con kept me and my friend up for the majority of the night and the beds were very uncomfortable. Very high price to pay for a very uninteresting hostel with very little atmosphere. Would check out non chain hostels instead as this had no character and felt like staying isolation ward.

The hostel is expensive, but you're in upper west Manhattan so it's expected. the staff are really helpful, and the facilities are awesome and plentiful. Sometimes you did have to wait for showers, but there are plenty of bathrooms on other floors if you don't want to wait. Only downsides are: Wi-Fi was pretty bad when the hostel was full. Bandwidth might need to be increased to accommodate all the guests, and the lack of free activities with some outings costing $10. But once again, it is NYC.

I really enjoyed my stay in HI. The location is not maybe the best but it's good. The best is the atmosphere, you get to meet very nice people in the bunch of activities that the hostel has. I definitely recomend it, i'll stay there for sure the next time i'm in New York.

• 22nd Aug 2014
  • Mexico

Very clean and good atmosphere. I enjoyed a barbacue they had the day I arrived. Very nice people, not as staff

Awesome place to stay, very cool atmosphere and cool little cafe at the bottom with cheap food. But please get some air con in the sauna-like rooms!

• 19th Aug 2014
  • New Zealand

this hostel is extremely overpriced. 50$ per night without breakfast is way too much. also my room was not clean although i was upgraded to a superior dorm (but was not upgraded to breakfast included). there was rubbish under my bed and there were evidently old waterbottles in the room, the carpet was dirty. a part of the staff was unkind and rude. way too expensive for what they offer.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7