HI New York City NYC Hostel Reviews

891 Amsterdam Avenue, NY 10025-4403, New York, USA

I will absolutely stay here again! The front desk is open 24/7, and most of the staff is multilingual. I felt very safe in the hostel and neighborhood, which is important for a woman traveling alone. The bunk bed was surprisingly comfortable, although I wish the blanket provided was of better quality. They provided as many towels as I wanted. My only complaint: I wish they had a sign explaining how to AC senses an open door or window and shuts off. Had to get the staff to help turn it on.

The best run Hostel International I've ever stayed in. It's also the most expensive. However, it is well worth it for service, cleanliness, security, activities, & location.

Best hotel I've stopped in!!! Will go there everytime I'm travelling to nyc.

I like the location, value, the staff & the atmosphere. One thing I really hate is that the A/C sounds like a tractor at night. I do not know how my roommates slept...

• 22nd May 2015
  • China

I thought the hostel was OK.. It was pretty loud so you need to make sure you bring ear plugs! Rooms were clean enough, décor fairly basic and old. Biggest issue was the location, it's quite high up and since I spent most of my time downtown it was a trek every day. Some brilliant free tours, though. The Brooklyn Lights tour was excellent, so was the central park tour. The intern doing the Greenwich/Soho tour seemed embarrassed and lacking in knowledge so I wouldn't recommend that one.

I enjoyed my stay. Love to stay again in my next visit.

• 20th May 2015
  • Philippines

HI NYC looks better in the pictures than in real life. Good activities. Huge Hostel- less sense of community. Basic but effective facilities

• 19th May 2015

They should be more picky while they are taking customers.There was a homeless guy in our room and he was smelling like an animal.Because of this we spent the night in the garden with my friend

It's a great deal, small prices for fair accomodations. The location is good (subway one block away), the commom areas are really nice and the staff is friendly and helpful. The only point for improvement in my opinion is the lack of some rigid rules for groups of guests, specially group of children, which can be veryyyyy noisy. Maybe some ticket rule in which the group should pay a ticket in case of complaints of the other guests. A hostel is a place for compromise, but there must limits.

• 18th May 2015

Really nice and clean hostel, even the big size of it. Beautiful backyard and amazing kitchen area.

• 16th May 2015
  • Chile

I was so impressed and pleased with the staff, food on site and common areas at the hostel. I went on Jerry's tour of NYC and loved it.

• 16th May 2015

Very expensive, Internet wifi is very bad!! Plus they stole my t-shirt! Never come back there

I only slept at the hostel and spent all day long with local friends. So I actually don't know how the hostel is. I would recomend more electricity supply in the rooms. The lockers are great! The location sounds like in the center of manhattan but it's still like 40 minutes in the subway.

The wifi was dead all the time!! I wasn't able to contact wifi!! So I was not able to book anything for my next trip!! Please fix it, this is very important for travelers!! Thanks!!

• 11th May 2015
  • Taiwan

Hostel does not have a bar and you are not allowed to bring alcohol from the outside, therefore no wine dinner parties at night :( Very expensive for a dorm bed. Also, hostel is extremely big, and an entire class booked, the hostel was full of 12-15 years old with less adults to chat with.

Left after one night and moved to a hotel. Not conducive to meeting people and lots of school aged kids around

It's very loud at night, especially in bigger dorms. And the ceilings are really thin so you hear every step from above.

Great Hostel. NYC is expensive but this hostel is probably the best value for money given its location. Staff were very helpful. The rooms and facilities are very clean and tidy. They also organise a variety of different activities during both day and night.

Very cool atmosphere. Met lots of new friends there. Keep the daily activities. Sandwiches in bar are amazing. Internet could be a lot better. Maybe that's why the hostel is so socially active ;) slow wifi and just old school face to face chatting.

The Hostel have a lot of activities day and night, so if you're traveling alone it's very good. They have a patio, kitchen, etc. But be aware: if you're traveling alone and staying for a long time there you will probably have to change rooms even if you have 1 reservation for 1 kind of room, they do this to keep the groups together, and its very annoying in the middle of your trip have to check out at 11 am and check in many hours later. LOTS OF KIDS/BABIES. and all beds were so noisy that every

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6