HI - New York City NYC Hostel Reviews

891 Amsterdam Avenue, NY 10025-4403, New York, USA

Staff were not that helpful! I called and asked a few questions before hand and they were rude! The volunteers that put on the events were fab! It sucks about the paid staff! A smile and politeness goes a long way! I love how big and amazing the hostel was! It was a little far out I' your not up for taking the subway! I would reccomend the hostel and events/volunteer staff, but not the paid staff!

I will stay there again on my return to NYC. I like the fact that there is a bike rental shop across the street.

This Hostel is Very big! Lots and lots of people almost too many! Feel a bit more like a hotel sometimes than a hostel! Still a kool place! Lots of hosted activities (pub crawls, walking tours, etc) so is very easy to meet people! Met some amazing people here! No Bar and not allowed your own alcohol - is a shame cause they have an amazing Patio! For New York is OK priced (bit expensive but what isn't in NYC) It is close to the subway. Very clean, good sized rooms with lockers, Sweet Place!

My overall stay was pretty good here, had an issue on my first night in which someone else was sleeping in my bed and reused to leave. After complaining to staff I was told to either move rooms or wake everyone up to confirm who should be in each bed. I was moved and given some breakfast vouchers for the inconvenience. I would recommend doing the hostel activities if you are travelling alone such as a the bar crawls and tours. Clean rooms and bathrooms too.

• 21st Sep 2014

The hostel quality is ok, but definitely not worth more than $70 a night for a bed in a 8 bed dorm. You don't even have the breakfast included at this price

My stay was a good one. My key card worked the entire week I stayed, which does not always happen in key card hostels, the staff was very friendly and useful, and even asked me if I wanted to physically eject the very sleeping man who found my bed very comfortable. I told them no, I'd rather not wake everyone else up in the process of getting a bed. So, they found another bed in the same dorm, which worked out very well. There were fun activities all week, and the tour of brooklyn was very good.

Everything was very good, my only complaint is the wifi... It really sucks.

Big and very well located hostel. Close to a subway station and to Central Park,right in the middle of the upper west side. A little bit pricey but for New York is understandable. Great facilities in a huge building. Nice kitchen and big common areas. Rooms have not so big lockers but in the basement they have a storage with huge lockers in case you are traveling heavy. They have an awesome 12 hour tour through almost the whole city with Jerry, try it!

The sraff should be more kindly. The building is good and the indication is perfect to visit all Manhattan. I recommended it

• 13th Sep 2014
  • Spain

I had a great experience with your hostel. The staff was friendly, helpful, and welcoming. I will definitely stay at HI Hostel the next time I am in NYC. Thanks, all!

• 10th Sep 2014

Was a great find. All the staff very helpful and friendly. Gave me a great room, especially chosen as I am disabled with a mobility scooter. Could do with more toilets and showers on first floor as this also holds large conference room. A children's party put strain on availability. Hostel very close to public transport. Good facilities. Would have breakfasted there but cafe a little limited in its offerings. Enjoyed it greatly and will be back.

• 8th Sep 2014

Get the 1 for travel to and from the hostel. If you get the other line, you'll have to walk through a housing development which is a bit sketchy. This hostel is just like all other HI hostels I've been at - there's no life about it at all. Feels like a hotel as opposed to a hostel.

干净,设施都很好,人很热情!

• 8th Sep 2014
  • China

This is the best hostel I've stayed in my entire life! I had great memories here, really. Located between 2 subway stations (so it's convenient!). I love my female bed room, it's so clean. Toilet/Shower so many, and it's all clean because cleaner clean it many times. Café is very reasonable price. Kitchen is almost perfect like home, I had 3 times dinner there. Interior of hostel is so beautiful and lovely! Staffs are helpful and informative 24/7! Free activities are must-do there! LOVE IT! :)

The location is good. The facilities are very complete and clean. I like the room for female, but when come to the night, it will be a little noisy. I will choose it next time!

• 4th Sep 2014
  • China

Gret hostel. Easy to get to know other travellers, great and helpful staff, plenty of activities, nice and affordable cafeteria, close to subway station. I would defenetely recommend it.

This was the first hostel I have stayed in. I could not have asked for more. Superb staff on the reception and in the small cafeteria area. Good food available at decent prices. The room was very clean, same goes for bathrooms. Very impressedby that considering how large the place is and the amount of guests. Good little tv area with huge projector screen. Plenty of activities including funny comedy nights. Not much going on around the area. Its close to Harlem but perfectly safe. Great place.

• 4th Sep 2014

I would just like to say that this place is phenomenal.. I had the best time of my life here with no exxaggeration! I spent my last few days in america here from a long trip and these days were the best from the entire 12 weeks stay! I met the most amazing of people and I am so greatful for this.. Thank you HI NYC.. I will be sure to return if I am back in NYC!

• 3rd Sep 2014
  • Scotland

Amazing hostel! Fantastic pub crawl and comedy nights, lots of places to be social or just be outside. Staff were great at recommending everything and were always helpful. The cafe inside is good. Nearby everything including 2 metro stops with different lines. The rooms were clean with big storage lockers. Would defiantly come back and go to the Thai market restaurant on 108!

Overall a good place to stay, good facilities, especially the onsite café food was great, only complaint was allowing people to chat loudly in the garden noise travels upwards difficult to sleep ( and I am talking about 4 in the morning), there should be a quite policy after midnight or something like that

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7