HI New York City NYC Hostel Reviews

891 Amsterdam Avenue, NY 10025-4403, New York, USA

Staff were very, very knowledgable and helpful - special shout out to patrick for being absolutely lovely!

• 12th Dec 2014

Thank you. We will definitely let Patrick know. Come back soon.

I loved my stay at HI New York. Definitely coming back here when I'm staying in New York. Lots of fun activities organized by the hostel. Loved my Central Park walking tour from Paul and the Staten Island Ferry tour from Jay! Only downside (if I have to name one) is the slow elevators, but then again, you can easily use the stairs, because there aren't that many floors. So I'm really happy I stayed here!

I'm sorry for our slow elevator. We will definitely tell Jay and Paul how awesome they are. We are always looking for more tours to add. Thanks again.

Tonnes of kids. If you are looking for sleep, probably a terrible place. Every night there was INCREDIBLY loud bangs on the walls constantly like there was a basketball court just above me. There were middle aged spanish ladies sleeping in the dorms with me would not stop talking and there was a crazy one who was on high doses of medication, who chats to herself in her sleep and blocks my way spitefully so i can't get to my locker. Expensive, they charge $5 to use storage rooms

I'm sorry for your bad experience and great feedback. This is something we can use to train our staff. We are the only hostel in NYC to have 24 hr. security patrolling our floors. For you next visit, please ask to speak with a manager and we will make sure your next stay with us will be an enjoyable one.

I loved it, it was great! Staff was very helpful and understanding.

• 3rd Dec 2014
  • Mexico

Thank you . HINYC and the staffis already missing you.

Very good hostel. Bit more like a hotel thou. Atmosphere was ok. Loads of groups so hard to meet people but still enjoyed it.

We have some great tours to meet people. Maybe next time you can join us on our famous tours. Thank you.

Clean and safe. spotless bathrooms, but the water temperature in the showers never got warm.

• 28th Nov 2014

This hostel was a backpackers heaven. There was 2 huge huge common rooms, an outside garden and a deli. There were events organised every day and night from pub crawls to walking tours to comedy shows. The staff were really helpful and chilled out.

Thank you for the great information you have given us Ben. We will tell our staff how easy going they were. Cheers.

The best you can get in New York.

• 27th Nov 2014

Everthing is good except the charges. There is not enough charges in the room so we need to charge our phones downstairs and in the restroom, which will make us sleep later.

• 27th Nov 2014
  • China

Excellent, friendly and helpful employers. I was traveling alone and was worried staying in a dorm and when I locked my locker key into my locker, they helped me so much. I felt so safe here and was extremely clean, you get a fresh towel daily. the subway only cost 2.75$ downtown so I would highly recommend this hostel!

There's an unpleasant smell in the building and especially in the rooms. Ventilation could be better.

Really like the hostel for what it was. It is very big but they do organise activities. Showers were average, not exactly hot and very weak pressure. Enjoyed my stay overall.

• 26th Nov 2014

The rooms were too cold. Heater would be nice. The wi-fi should be improved.

• 26th Nov 2014

Only stayed two nights. Good hostel, seemed pretty quiet whilst I was there. No eating or drinking allowed in rooms. A bit of a hike to get anywhere however subway is super close and can get you anywhere quickly. I 100% recommend going on Jerry's all day walking tour if you can. It costed $10 and lasted 13 hours. Epic. Just do it. He's great. Hostel was clean. Atmosphere seemed lacking though.

Best hostel I've ever been

• 24th Nov 2014

The insulation in the hotel hall isn't good. It's more than ok in the rooms though. But you'd rather enjoy that place during the warm season.

• 24th Nov 2014

It was clean and nice. A good experience overall. Soap was missing in the shower, but I managed without it. Breakfast was included, which was a nice surprise.

• Ukraine

Great hostel with clean and spacious rooms. Good value for money. Enjoyed the breakfast. Very close to subway for getting in to the city centre.

I can't fault this place, great location, close to Central Park, Subway stop, Clean rooms, Clean facilities, Friendly and helpful staff. Excellent.

Location is little way from Downtown but it's easily accessible by the subway. Right near Broadway so plenty of places to eat nearby. The walking tours that the hostel run are excellent.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7