HI New York City NYC Hostel Reviews

891 Amsterdam Avenue, NY 10025-4403, New York, USA

Great hostel. A bit far away from the most touristic part of the city. The staff is not so warm and welcome like in other HI's.

Very Nice hostel in NY. Not so much fun, it is quality a diverse place in terms of guests. From kids to adults. It is missing a PUB.

I'm sorry you didn't find it fun. We now have a Welcome Party on Thursdays' for guest to unite, have snacks and 2 drinks on us. Unfortunately, we can't have alcohol on premises except for on our special events. Come back and check it out. Thank you....

I had good times staying in this hostel, the bedroom was clean, and the bathroom too. I recommend this place :)

• 14th Feb 2015

Great location! Very close to the 1 train. Enjoyed the weekend here! Beautiful building.

We are all so happy that you enjoyed your weekend with us. See you soon. Thanks for being a part of the H.I. family.

Yreat hostek would highly recommend. Some people many have issues with the distance from lower manhattan, but it's pretty simple train journey !

Was there for 4 nights, the staff was fantastic!! They were renovating the lobby so The security doors would be unlocked late at night and anyone could walk in. The first floor showers were hit and miss if you get hot water or not. But I would still say there again when I go back to NYC

That is what our staff love to hear. I will denitely inform them. I will have the engineering team look intot he hot water on the 1st floor. I will follow up with the doors not secured during the night. Thanks for the great feedback. We look ahead to seeing you again soon. Thank you....

Wifi doesn't work.

I'm sorry you had an inconvenience with the Wifi. The more users that are using the wifi it may tend to get a little slower. We will work on improving the wifi so your next stay can be more pleasant. We look forward to seeing you again. Thanks for staying with us.

It's the best hostel I have ever been.

The hostel itself was good, clean and did its function. The beds were comfortable, the staff were friendly and helpful and the in house deli served some great food. The atmosphere isn't great for meeting others, although they do run tours, pub crawls etc which I didn't take advantage of, so this could be a way to resolve that problem.

We appreciate your positive feedback! Our staff encourages you to take part in our activities and events on your next visit. These are certainly the best opportunities to meet other travelers like you. Be sure to let us know when you're visiting the city again.

I can only agree with all that I have read from previous people: Very friendly and helpful staff, great atmosphere, very clean. The best hostel I have ever stayed in, faultless. The activities and trips that the hostel have daily are fantastic as well. Great vibe all around. I had a very enjoyable stay here.

• 20th Jan 2015

Great hostel! Staff's friendly, showers are clean and in very good condition, and the rooms are well heated. The location is excellent -- 30' away from everything (which is very good in NYC), one block away from the 1 train, and the area is relatively inexpensive (very close to Columbia, so there's a couple of cheap cafés and bookstores nearby). All beds have individual plugs.

Our staff love to hear great things about them. I will definitely inform them. Thanks for your great comment. We will see you soon. Thank you again...

You don't have to be young to enjoy staying at the Youth Hotel. Beautiful old building in a great location.

Thanks . We welcome the WORLD. Thank you......

The best hostel I've been to! I highly recommend! The amenities are clean, there are several activities to get people together (especially the pub crawls and bar nights). It's one block away from the subway and about 20 minutes you are in Times Square. Nearby there are a lot of good and cheap restaurants. If I came to NYC again, I would stay HI New York one more time.

We all really appreciate the great time you had here. Look forward to seeing you again at the hostel. Thank you....

I am always satisfied when I stay at the Hostel. Great service overall!

• 18th Jan 2015

Thank you. See you soon!!!

This hostel was very clean, and the staff was super friendly. I felt safe while staying there, and I met several awesome people from around the world :)

• 17th Jan 2015

The staff thrives on making sure everyone has a great time and area safe. Glad we met your expectations. Thank you.

Clean, modern, easy check-in. Convenient to train station. Lots of tours and activities available. Spacious common areas for reading, working on computer, meeting other travelers, etc.

Simply, great hostel. If you expect a "nothing similar to a hotel" hostel it is not the place to go, because it is almost a hotel four stars with the only fact that you share room. But for experience NYC is simply a great place.

Typical HI Hostel . It's quite expensive but I guess like everywhere in New York. Nice, clean rooms, Location is good, next to the Subwystation but to far to walk to go to Downtown. Service and Food at the Cafe is really good. They also run daily events which is great. Only Thing: Check in 4pm is quite late. When I arrived I even had to wait one more hour to go to the room and it wasn't busy at all. A separate Informationdesk is a good idea but the staff doesn't know much about New York City.

Pretty much the gold standard of hostels, it was an incredibly well oiled machine. With the addition of phenomenal food to boot, I highly recommend for any traveler. The only drawback is the impersonal atmosphere. However, many might consider this a plus after a long journey, or if new york starts to wear you out. Minimal effort, maximum reward. Would go again.

• 10th Jan 2015

Thank you. You are the man.

One of the most social hostels I've been to! The beds were good, the selection of food was very impressive and the overall vibe of the place was excellent. Loved meeting people from all across the globe!

• 10th Jan 2015

We are very happy to hear you enjoyed what we have to offer here at HINYC. Thank you and we'll see you in the near future....

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6