HI New York City NYC Hostel Reviews

891 Amsterdam Avenue, NY 10025-4403, New York, USA

The hostel is nice, there is not much to do around, you need to take the subway downtown, the lift is the worst, it takes ages. Very clean I should say.

I had a great stay here! The facilities were good and the staff were really friendly! The atmosphere was great too and there was good opportunity to interact with people from other places! Really enjoyed my stay there!

• 14th Mar 2015
  • India

Although this is a big hostel, it was still really easy to meet people. They have a large common area with a pool table and organise great outings.

• 12th Mar 2015

Less than an hour after I arrived I was surrounded by 15 new friends and had the best time. Besides the slow elevator and the occasional half cold shower, this is the best place!!! Every day and night you can join organized tours, pubcrawls, comedy nights, where you'll meet even more new people. The staff is awesome and will make you laugh! The only thing I missed was a cafe or something in the hostel, but there's loads to do! Atmosphere, location, all awesome! Thank you guys so much!!

Great Hostel, I would recommend to anyone traveling to NYC and you must take Jerry's Grand Tour - one of the best days of my trip!! :)

• 5th Mar 2015

The location is way Upper West Side and isn't close to any of the main attractions, but the hostel is near the 103rd/Broadway station so it's easy to get around. There are plenty of restaurants nearby plus a cafe downstairs. Very secure - you need to use your key to get past lobby. Stayed in a 4-bed dorm: huge lockers, beds were not super comfy but if you're too tired from all your exploring, you won't even care. Clean bathrooms, friendly staff. Beware of slow elevator - take stairs instead.

I'm glad you felt secure with us here at HINYC. The safety of our guests and staff is our main concern. We are working on replacing the older mattresses. Our staff would love to hear how you felt about them. Thanks for coming and see you again in the near future. Thank you from the HI Team.

Very beautiful building with clean rooms and bathrooms, and close to the subway station. The facilities are amazing, a huge kitchen, a TV room, common spaces... They also provide good and cheap food within the hostel which is very convenient. The staff is very friendly and helpful. There are also a lot of tours and activities organized everyday.

• 4th Mar 2015

Great location, with groceries store and deli nearby. It's a block away from one subway station and like 3 blocks away from another. The cafe inside the hostel is really good. The continental breakfast is great. The staff is friendly. Most importantly: safe and clean.

It's a little bit far from downtown but still convenient. Very clean dorm and bathrooms. Met a lot of friends through night activities.

Thanks for your comment. Our housekeeping staff take great pride in keeping up with the largest hostel in North America. Glad you got to meet many friends. See you soon....

Mixed feelings about this place; its huge and its used by big groups as well so it has no hostel vibe at all, however its super clean and has great facilities and one of the staff members that helped me out with the trains to the airport was really helpful (others so so).

We just renewed our lobby and have some new great tours that we provide. Also we just came back with our great famous Welcome Parties. Come back soon and you'll enjoy the fun. Thanks for the feedback and hope this helps!!! Thanks.......

Everything was great! Got a little freaked out when I couldn't get hot water in the shower but then realised the tap is just a bit confusing :P Would highly recommend!

We miss you already. Come back soon. Thank you....

I love that they organise so many awesome tours. They're a great way to see the city and meet people. Do Jerry's tour! :)

Great hostel. A bit far away from the most touristic part of the city. The staff is not so warm and welcome like in other HI's.

Sorry you weren't treated the way you were supposed to be treated at HINYC. The next time you come, please ask for a manager and we'll make sure you get the treatment deserved. Thanks for taking the time to inform us... See you soon!!!

Very Nice hostel in NY. Not so much fun, it is quality a diverse place in terms of guests. From kids to adults. It is missing a PUB.

I'm sorry you didn't find it fun. We now have a Welcome Party on Thursdays' for guest to unite, have snacks and 2 drinks on us. Unfortunately, we can't have alcohol on premises except for on our special events. Come back and check it out. Thank you....

I had good times staying in this hostel, the bedroom was clean, and the bathroom too. I recommend this place :)

• 14th Feb 2015

Thank you for the great feedback. Look forward to seeing you again. Thank you....

Great location! Very close to the 1 train. Enjoyed the weekend here! Beautiful building.

We are all so happy that you enjoyed your weekend with us. See you soon. Thanks for being a part of the H.I. family.

Yreat hostek would highly recommend. Some people many have issues with the distance from lower manhattan, but it's pretty simple train journey !

Thanks for taking the time to recommend us. See you soon.

Was there for 4 nights, the staff was fantastic!! They were renovating the lobby so The security doors would be unlocked late at night and anyone could walk in. The first floor showers were hit and miss if you get hot water or not. But I would still say there again when I go back to NYC

That is what our staff love to hear. I will denitely inform them. I will have the engineering team look intot he hot water on the 1st floor. I will follow up with the doors not secured during the night. Thanks for the great feedback. We look ahead to seeing you again soon. Thank you....

Wifi doesn't work.

I'm sorry you had an inconvenience with the Wifi. The more users that are using the wifi it may tend to get a little slower. We will work on improving the wifi so your next stay can be more pleasant. We look forward to seeing you again. Thanks for staying with us.

It's the best hostel I have ever been.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6