HI New York City NYC Hostel Reviews

891 Amsterdam Avenue, NY 10025-4403, New York, USA

It was a great experience at the hostel. I would definitely come back there. The staff was nice with people and it was a very good atmosphere. I also enjoyed all the activities they organised like tours and pub crawl.

• 25th Apr 2015

There was so much noise everywhere, the bathrooms were disgusting. There's no breakfast, it's way overpriced considering how it is.

It was a nice hostel, friendly staff and with a lot of activities that allow people like me that were there alone to meet other people. The bedroom was ok, the bed comfortable and with a big locker right next to it, although having some hooks would make it better (like the HI in boston) The bathroom was clean. It was near two metro stations and it seems safe to get back late at night. The only issue was the first day was cold outside and the heat was off so the room and the bath were a bit cold.

This is a nice hostel in the Upper West Side of Manhattan. Hostel is kept well, always see staff cleaning and staff working to attend the hostel. Lots of events to attend, and tours by the hostel. Staff was very curteous and helpful. Breakfast is not complimentary, but there is a very nice cafe inside the hostel, which is always open. Hostel is clean, sheets and towels are changed every day. I recommend this hostel, great place to stay. Shout out to Paul for the amazing Brooklyn tour!

Our first night stay there was a guest who ended up sleeping in my bed and smelled really awful, effecting everybody in the room I'm sure. It ruined the whole experience for me.

• 18th Apr 2015

I had a great week at this hostel,would recommend it to anyone

We really appreciate your recommendation. Happy to hear your week with us was great. Thank you for staying with us.

It was really good and funny! A lot of great activities organized by the hostel. The only problem was the wifi connection - poor!

Sorry you experienced problems with the wifi. We had our IT company working on it. Glad you enjoyed the activities we provide. Take care...

This was a great hostel. The staff were friendly and helpful and it was great that there was 24 hour access. The rooms were comfortable and the bathroom and kitchen had good, clean working facilities. Plus there were loads of events going on. Good location too

I see you had a wonderful time staying with us. Thank you for coming. See you again in the future. Thanks

Nice place! The storage isn't for free and quite expensive.

Thanks for your feedback. We provide free storage upon arrival. For departure, there are optional rental lockers we offer. Sorry for any inconvenience. See you on your next visit to NYC.

It was good

• 4th Apr 2015

Thank you. See you again!!!

I have pleasant experience in the hostel. I did not have any problem getting there. The young boy that was in the reception was very friendly ( I forgot his name but he is from DR). The room and the bed were clean the same as the toilet. I did not have much time to walk around as I stayed in NY for only one night but I reckon everything was clean. I slept in a room with ten other guests. All of them were friendly and quiet/ respectful. I am very happy with my choice. Thanks heaps

• 3rd Apr 2015
  • Venezuela

Our staff thrives on providing the best service. Thank you for choosing us. See you soon.

GOOD: the location, metro, mc donalds, supermarket, are close, they offer you activities to pass the day , BAD: you have to pay breakfast and internet. but it NYC.

Thanks for your positive feedback. Breakfast is included with our premium dorms and we offer discounted breakfast for all other dorms. Happy to hear you enjoyed our activities. Come again. Thank you....

if you can stay with 4 people thats great for you just like prison camp

• 1st Apr 2015

Thank you for staying with us. Sharing rooms with multiple people might not be something everyone is used to. We do offer private rooms for those that like their privacy. Thank you....

Very clean hostel. It was in an okay location for the price and the staff were very nice.

• 1st Apr 2015

We appreciate your feedback. Our staff loves it when our guests leave happy. See you soon. Thank you...

Great hostel would defiantly recommend to anyone staying in the big Apple :)

• 31st Mar 2015

We appreciate your recommendation. Hope to see you soon. Thank you...

Great Hostel, with a lot of activities for everybody.

We try to provide activities for everyone to participate in. Thank you.

The wifi is unreliable, i had better wifi in Mexico. Other than that great hostel.

Pros- clean, excellent shower facilities and wifi, good security, easy to find, really close to subway. Cons- no breakfast included. Uninterested staff - people drinking in the corridor outside my room when I arrived after a long flight at 2 am, people shouting in the smoking area right under my window at 4am and staff did nothing until I went downstairs to ask. I understand it's a hostel and not a hotel but other hostels are far better at maintaining a pleasant atmosphere for everyone.

• 26th Mar 2015

We do provide breakfast for the premium dorms and offer breakfast at a discounted rate for regular dorms. We are very sorry for any inconvenience you may have experienced during your stay. We appreciate your feedback and plan to use this as an opportunity to coach our staff and improve the quality of our guest servcie. The next time will be even better. Thank you...

I really liked the staff at the hostel cos they're all super funny and friendly! The location wasn't bad - relatively safe area but just a little far from the midtown/downtown area. The first night I stayed in a room where the heater wasn't on so I froze to death... also I felt like some beds were placed way too close to the door, which caused lots of troubles when people were trying to sleep but other residents kept slamming the door right next to them. Also why isn't breakfast free?!

I will tell the staff how much you like them and to keep being funny. Sorry the room was cold, but we have the heaters that you can adjust. We do provide free breakfast with our premium dorms and offer discount on breakfast for regular dorms. See you soon. Thanks....

Accommodation can be prohibitive when visiting NYC but HI NYC made it possible for my daughter and I to visit one of the most remarkable cities in the world in a manner that we could afford. I will definitely stay in this hostel again. Easy access to everything NYC. Very clean and comfortable. Money aside, staying in a travellers hostel environment like this one is an experience worth having.

• 20th Mar 2015

Happy we were able to accommodate you and your daughter here with us. It was a pleasure having you. Come back again to see more of the city. Thank you....

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6