HI New York City NYC Hostel Reviews

891 Amsterdam Avenue, NY 10025-4403, New York, USA

Excellent, friendly and helpful employers. I was traveling alone and was worried staying in a dorm and when I locked my locker key into my locker, they helped me so much. I felt so safe here and was extremely clean, you get a fresh towel daily. the subway only cost 2.75$ downtown so I would highly recommend this hostel!

There's an unpleasant smell in the building and especially in the rooms. Ventilation could be better.

Really like the hostel for what it was. It is very big but they do organise activities. Showers were average, not exactly hot and very weak pressure. Enjoyed my stay overall.

• 26th Nov 2014

The rooms were too cold. Heater would be nice. The wi-fi should be improved.

Only stayed two nights. Good hostel, seemed pretty quiet whilst I was there. No eating or drinking allowed in rooms. A bit of a hike to get anywhere however subway is super close and can get you anywhere quickly. I 100% recommend going on Jerry's all day walking tour if you can. It costed $10 and lasted 13 hours. Epic. Just do it. He's great. Hostel was clean. Atmosphere seemed lacking though.

Best hostel I've ever been

• 24th Nov 2014

The insulation in the hotel hall isn't good. It's more than ok in the rooms though. But you'd rather enjoy that place during the warm season.

• 24th Nov 2014

It was clean and nice. A good experience overall. Soap was missing in the shower, but I managed without it. Breakfast was included, which was a nice surprise.

• Ukraine

Great hostel with clean and spacious rooms. Good value for money. Enjoyed the breakfast. Very close to subway for getting in to the city centre.

I can't fault this place, great location, close to Central Park, Subway stop, Clean rooms, Clean facilities, Friendly and helpful staff. Excellent.

Location is little way from Downtown but it's easily accessible by the subway. Right near Broadway so plenty of places to eat nearby. The walking tours that the hostel run are excellent.

Great place to stay!!

• 20th Nov 2014
  • China

It's worth price guys. You're walkig distance from central park and you can grab the subway two blocks away from the hostel, which will take you anywhere. And the workers were very knowledgable and gave great advice. I defentily recommend this place.

• 19th Nov 2014
  • Mexico

By far one of the best hostels I have ever stayed in! Clean, neat, friendly staff, great location (very close to the Subway and to Columbia U). I highly recommend this place!

• 18th Nov 2014

Every amenity you could think of - more than your average hostel! Thanks for the activities guys!

I had an absolute blast! I met so many wonderful, amazing people and I only stayed for one evening :-) I will definitely be back to NYC and will certainly stay with HostelWorld again. I came to the city to leave for a 7-day cruise, but my one-night stay at HostelWorld was the crown jewel of my vacation experience in the end!!!! Thank you so much :-) -cLaY

• 15th Nov 2014

It was a nice hostel. It's autentic and clean. There are activities every day. They have their own kitchen, theater and store. I like it.

• 15th Nov 2014
  • Bolivia

Just great!

Very clean, great location, safe, comfortable beds. The atmosphere was terrible, despite the facilities there was a total lack of friendliness from staff and others staying. This seemed more like a place people stayed when visiting NYC for work and not to explore the city and meet people. Totally different from my experiences in hostels across the world. But if you're travelling with friends then this is less of a problem. I'd definitely recommend this place for location and ease.

Great hostel at great value! It's pretty far from most attractions though.