HI New York City NYC Hostel Reviews

891 Amsterdam Avenue, NY 10025-4403, New York, USA

missed to have bedside power sockets. bed lamps would have been great too.

No other place to stay in NY !!!

• 22nd May 2014

The staff were quite friendly and helpful, the facility nice and clean. It's very big, which could be a good or bad thing, depending on what you're looking for. This was my first hostel in North America, and I'm not sure if this is standard or not, but it was dry - no bar inside but no booze allowed inside either. Lockers cost extra if you need storage the day you leave. Lots of free tours activities. Overall a good hostel.

Loved it! Wish I could have stayed more than 2 weeks!

Expensive, but a great option given Manhattan costs in general.

Great place to stay in NY, nice people, super friendly environment, good location and great vibes

• Argentina

It's perfect...

• dwiputra
  • Indonesia

When I climbed up the stairs (3 flights - broken elevator) I found someone was already occupying my bed. Went back down and they were pretty good about setting me up with a new space when I made it clear I was not going to take part in an eviction. But then I got woken at 2 am (I think!) by someone poking me in the head and telling me my shuttle was here. When I made it clear I wasn't waiting for a shuttle she scolded me and told me I was in the wrong bed. All in all not great!

• 17th May 2014

The best hostel you can get, when you're travelling alone! Amazing tours make it easy to get to know other people. Special thanks to the incredible Jerry's Grand tour! I would highly recommend this hostel :)

My stay at hostelling internacional was very good, even though i had problems once i lost my wallet. The staff is amazing and seeingg that i had this problem, they gave me vouchers for meals and offered me help at any time. Bathrooms are super clean and new. Rooms have confy beds and funcrional heating system. The tours available are very good, i recommend jerrys grand tour! Great hostel! I will be back soon 👏

• 15th May 2014

Standard bunks but they do have ind. lights and charging outlets. Ac was out and elevator was inefficient. Staff was cool and offered activities which was nice. I will try another hostel next time I'm in town as this one didn't wow me.

• 11th May 2014

Very Nice!!!!

• 9th May 2014

Great placa, great staff, great atmosphere....I was sorry that I had to leave!

• 9th May 2014

I liked very much and recomend to everyone. The staff was very nice and the soup at night when I arrived tired was a great surprise.

The Hostel was nice. some stuff members wasn't so friendly. all together it was nice to stay in this hostel. For me it was really good, what i could buy some food next to the lobby.

• 8th May 2014
  • Switzerland

Overall very pleased with the hostel. The staff and facilties were both very good. Friendly, helpful staff and clean modern bathrooms. Would recommend it strongly to anyone.

• 8th May 2014

perfect except for the female shower, hair in the drain for a couple of day. very good for the money.

• 7th May 2014

Best thing was definetlz the walking tour with Jerry! everyone needs to do this :)

• 7th May 2014

Breakfast isn't free. Other than that everything was great!

• 7th May 2014

It was an awesome experience! Everyday they give you options to do and to meet other people in hostel!

• Mexico