HI - New York City NYC Hostel Reviews

891 Amsterdam Avenue, NY 10025-4403, New York, USA

When I climbed up the stairs (3 flights - broken elevator) I found someone was already occupying my bed. Went back down and they were pretty good about setting me up with a new space when I made it clear I was not going to take part in an eviction. But then I got woken at 2 am (I think!) by someone poking me in the head and telling me my shuttle was here. When I made it clear I wasn't waiting for a shuttle she scolded me and told me I was in the wrong bed. All in all not great!

• 17th May 2014

The best hostel you can get, when you're travelling alone! Amazing tours make it easy to get to know other people. Special thanks to the incredible Jerry's Grand tour! I would highly recommend this hostel :)

My stay at hostelling internacional was very good, even though i had problems once i lost my wallet. The staff is amazing and seeingg that i had this problem, they gave me vouchers for meals and offered me help at any time. Bathrooms are super clean and new. Rooms have confy beds and funcrional heating system. The tours available are very good, i recommend jerrys grand tour! Great hostel! I will be back soon 👏

• 15th May 2014

Standard bunks but they do have ind. lights and charging outlets. Ac was out and elevator was inefficient. Staff was cool and offered activities which was nice. I will try another hostel next time I'm in town as this one didn't wow me.

• 11th May 2014

Very Nice!!!!

• 9th May 2014

Great placa, great staff, great atmosphere....I was sorry that I had to leave!

• 9th May 2014

I liked very much and recomend to everyone. The staff was very nice and the soup at night when I arrived tired was a great surprise.

The Hostel was nice. some stuff members wasn't so friendly. all together it was nice to stay in this hostel. For me it was really good, what i could buy some food next to the lobby.

• 8th May 2014
  • Switzerland

Overall very pleased with the hostel. The staff and facilties were both very good. Friendly, helpful staff and clean modern bathrooms. Would recommend it strongly to anyone.

• 8th May 2014

perfect except for the female shower, hair in the drain for a couple of day. very good for the money.

• 7th May 2014

Best thing was definetlz the walking tour with Jerry! everyone needs to do this :)

• 7th May 2014

Breakfast isn't free. Other than that everything was great!

• 7th May 2014

It was an awesome experience! Everyday they give you options to do and to meet other people in hostel!

• Mexico

Location is good 103rd street on subway line 1 and then one block left. Staff was very helpful. Atmosphere was pleasant. Bedroom was clean and bathrooms were also fine. Value for money certainly Facilities overall good. Kitchen part was excellent

I've got very impressed by this hostel. Very clean, safe and the facilites are huge and well organized. Very friendly staff as well. There are lots of activites every day and night. When I come back to NYC, I will definitely stay there again.

• 5th May 2014

This is a great place to stay. Dorms were nice and spacious, great cafe and facilities. Really recommend this!

Ah-mazing hostel! Only downside comparing to others HI (like boston or chicago) is that it does not include breakfast.

• 3rd May 2014
  • Uruguay

A fine hostel, but so huge and institutional there isn't much of an atmosphere.

Great hostel. Well maintained. But again, just as I was told, you won't get your typical hostel feel there as it's just too big. This despite managements best efforts of organizing night outs. Regardless still a good quality hostel.

The staff was incredibly friendly and very helpful during my stay. I was travelling with a broken leg but the elevators and handicap accessible bathroom and shower made it much easier for me to get around comfortably. I stayed in a 6 person mixed dorm room. The beds were comfortable to sleep on and sheets and blankets are provided (additional blankets were also stored in the room), along with one towel. The lockers in the room were big enough to store a carry-on bag. Overall, loved it!!

• 29th Apr 2014