HI - New York City Reviews

891 Amsterdam Avenue, NY 10025-4403, New York, USA

Not bad for NYC. Great location, a block from the subway and a block from Central Park. Switched from a girls dorm that had individual outlets and shelves at each of the beds to a mixed dorm that did not. Awesome big showers with plentiful hot water. Cute lounge and outdoor area.

The location was very good. It's right next to Central Park, and it's very close to the metro. However, it was very expensive. Most hostals I have stayed in at least have no charge to use the computers and to keep luggage while checking in/out of the room. This hostal did not provide that.

• 17th Jul 2014

This hostel was well located (nice neighborhood, and I have stayed in many), and the subway station nearby makes it easy access to central Manhattan. Great facilities, super clean. Staff was nice but not the friendliest I have met. It is a family-friendly location, and not that "party" as you cant drink in most locations within the hostel. However, would go back in a heartbeat. Worth the money!

My first stay at a hostel - and I really enjoyed my stay!

• 15th Jul 2014

Overall, a really good hostel with a really good location on the Upper West Side of Manhattan, close to two subway stations. It´s like New York City: huge, expensive, impersonal, but it´s a pretty nice place. The elevator ıs really slow, which gets annoying, and having to pay to use the computers is a letdown, especıally when the place is so expensive in the first place.

Liked the central parktour from Paul!

• 15th Jul 2014

Don't really like the whole thing about staying in hostels but this was actually quite good..

It is amazing hostel.. highly recommended.. I really enjoyed my stay there .. location is more than perfect. . I met nice ppl there .. again when u will stay n NY it is the best

This hostel is very close to the number 1 train line which runs all the way to Times Square. The atmosphere was great and you are almost guaranteed to talk to somebody and make a new friend. They also have a lot of tours that run through the week that take you to all the different parts of the city. I would recommend Jerry's Grand Tour!

There is many reasons to stay at this hostel and the main reason is the location and that the hostel is incredible big. As you probably already know, this is a Hostelling International hostel, meaning that it's a bit higher standard and a bit more pricey. See whole review at: http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g60763-d121994-r216500137-Hostelling_International_New_York-New_York_City_New_York.html

Rude staff . Avoid this place at all cost

• 4th Jul 2014
  • South Africa

I only stayed one night, so I don't really have much to say about the facilities. It was close to the subway station, and the staffs were friendly.

I would recommend my friends this hotel once they plan to visit NY. Good location, friendly staff and cleanliness

• 2nd Jul 2014
  • Vietnam

The location is a bit far from the airport or from the train station and you need to do some stair climbing from the subway station to the ground floor. But the ladies at the tourist counter are really really helpful and their help was useful and practical for me to explore this city. This hostel is clean and well maintained which I would like to stay there again.

a bit pricy but a wonderful hostel, one of the best i've stayed in. different walking tours everyday of the week, the free ones aren't so good but don't miss Jerrys Grand Tour, it is a must! you wont regret it $10 for a 14 hour walking tour that covers so much. groceries store around the corner, Starbucks, restaurants all nearby, Times Square a short subway ride away, Central Park is walking distance

check in at 4 is really too late , especially when you have long flight . location is a bit far from main attraction , but close to metro station

The facilities were always clean and fresh, and the free breakfast was always given. I have no complaints in regards to the service that was provided.

It would be great if there were more power points in each room and separate bed lights as in other hostels making it easier and more roommate friendly when coming in at different times.

• 23rd Jun 2014

The staff seemed confused about a lot like where we get our towels but that may be bc the place was HUGE. I was only staying 3 nights but they said I would have to switch rooms midstay. After some arguing they solved the problem. Great location right on the 1 line. Plenty bathroom space and AC. I really trust the HI brand.

• 22nd Jun 2014

Very clean hostel, which is close to the subway on the upper west side. I had a problem with air con in the middle of the night and the staff moved me room which was much appreciated.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5