HI-Niagara Falls Hostel Reviews

4549 Cataract Ave., Niagara Falls, Niagara Falls, Canada

Very clean, very safe and well equipped hostel. Only a 20min walk from the falls and the breakfast spread was excellent compared to most hostels. The staff were very helpful and polite. This is one of the nicest hostels Iv stayed in! Would definatly recommend staying here!

• 12th Nov 2014

Really enjoyed my stay, it is about 30 min walk from everywhere but you get to walk through beautiful scenery and also by the water if u want!! Owners were very lovely!

It's a bit sad that a hostel doesn't have ANY change at all when you want to pay in cash. Also, if you advertise that it's a 15 minute walk to the Niagara Falls, which is more like a 30 minute walk, you should be honest about this. Everything else (cleanliness, atmosphere, facilities..) were really good.

• 24th Oct 2014
  • Belgium

We enjoyed our time there, it was nothing special but we have no major complaints. One thing was the HI Membership, it is very unethical how they advertise a discounted members rate online, and only once you have made a booking are you made aware of this. The HI system basically manipulates you into purchasing a membership. This is not typical to HI Niagara, but all HI hostels we've stayed at in Canada.

• 22nd Sep 2014

far from the falls and no buses after 6pm not good breakfast

I stayed in a 4 person male dorm and I have to say, it was by far the smallest room I ever slept in. Space between beds was about a foot! Shared facility can use some update. Not kept too clean but this could just be the patrons. Kitchen, common area, etc... reasonable and well stocked. Welcoming atmosphere. Free breakfast. Just some cereals and toast but free is good.

In general this is a good place to stay. :)

Had a great stay, everyone was super nice, and it was close enough to the tourist things to be convenient, but far enough away to be relaxing. Also loved that you could rent bikes!

• 16th Aug 2014

Very basic hostel but a nice place to stay. The breakfast was lovely and only a 20min walk to Niagara Falls

Excellent staff. Sebastian in particular very nice amd helpful!

Not all the staff knows everything so you might get the answer you have to walk 25 minutes to the falls but there are 2 buses, 1 goes every 17 minutes in the main season the other one very 30 minutes until late at night. By the way the qalk is about 30-40 minutes. The kitchen is very well equipped. The breakfast is simple but good enough. It is not the modern HI Hostel you might used to it is an old house. I didn´t like it that they don´t have gender seperated bathroom, one single one though.

We spend 1 night in this hostel and I think it is a perfect hostel for that. Its a nice cozy hostel. The neighbourhood is a bit like a ghosttown and its pretty far from the falls, but at least it is not in the horrible touristic part of the city. The staff was really friendly and helpful. The only thing I really didn't like is that we had to pay a lot more because we are not HI members.

the staff at HI Niagara were very professional and kind. I would stay there again. No question.

• 26th Jun 2014

Very close to the train station, but the downtown area is quite run down with abandoned buildings. Both the hostel and general area were rather quiet and safe. The Falls themselves, and most attractions are about 30 minute walk away. Bit of competition for bathrooms even with few people. Repairs were being made to the hostel while I was there but this wasn't a huge problem. I felt this hostel was very good value for a single room near the Falls and would definitely stay again if I returned.

There were only 2 plug sockets in the 6 bed dorm i stayed in which isn't enough by far. The free breakfast was good though. I asked to buy a HI member card on arrival, as online it said i could do this, but the hostel had none in stock so i had to pay full non-member price.

View all Niagara Falls Hostels