HI-Niagara Falls Hostel Reviews

4549 Cataract Ave., Niagara Falls, Niagara Falls, Canada

A perfect hostel. I really enjoyed my stay

• 26th Aug 2015
  • Poland

Unfortunately, the downtown around the corner is just a ghost town- gotta take the bus or make the walk to the very touristy Falls area for food, faces, and a feeling of safety.

• 22nd Aug 2015

Loved everything about the hostel, except for the noisy aircon. House, facilities, staff and location are great :)

Location is great, very close to the main bus terminal so I didn't have to carry my luggage too far. It is central to the town of Niagara falls but is away from the noise and chaos of the falls themselves (it is very busy around the falls particularly at night) you can easily walk or taxi back. It is a 30 min walk to the horse shoe falls but it is a beautiful walk. Staff were helpful and facilities were more than I expected. Was impressed with the kitchen facilities and the free breakfast

The hostel was quite clean compared to other hostels in this price range. Specially the kitchen was equipped very well and the breakfast helps you enjoy your stay even more. The bathrooms could be renovated in some time but they are O.K. compared to others. Our room was very nice, the bed a bit squeeky but comfortable and everything very clean. You also had enough space for everything.

• 7th Aug 2015

We stayed for one night and it was really nice. The rooms are very clean and it was a nice atmosphere because it wasn't that big. There are parking spots in front of the building but you have to walk about half an hour to see the niagara falls.

• 7th Aug 2015

I really liked this hostel and it lived up to HI standards with cleanliness and friendliness

The lady in the front service, she was very rude and unpolite, it was far that I expected. The worst thing was that I had to pay more than my payment, too many charges without knowledge.

• 31st Jul 2015
  • Mexico

Good hostel , Was slightly worried by the fact a lot of locals have never heard of the place or the street it's on! (It's only a five minute walk downhill from the coach/train station)

I avoid staying at Hi-Hostels when possible because they generally lake any atmosphere and this didn't change that. It's a 25 minute walk to see Niagara Falls and 30 minutes to get to it which is absolutely fine but staff seem intent on telling you it's less. Breakfast was ok Staff were friendly and helpful

On the website it seemed like a lot of activities were organized bij the hostel but when I came there there was none organized. Besides that it was a nice hostel.

not an enjoyable stay. As the only hostel near the falls I booked with a small amount of hesitation. It is located 30 minutes walk from the Falls and when I asks the staff about getting there, they failed to mention the We Go bus that stops around the corner. The room was rather cramped and stuffy on the second floor. I stayed for one night and in the morning when I woke the electricity was down. The staff argued that there was still hot water but there wasn't. Breakfast was very basic

Even my son ( he is 13 years old and unsatisfied with almost the whole world and specially with his mother) said that the hostel is a nice surprise for him. That it was good choice to stay there.

Helpful staff, great showers and very where was really clean. Quite far out of town so be prepared for a long walk back late at night if you end up staying out in Niagara for the evening!

Lovely place to stay! I had a very peaceful time there and was given everything I needed for a pleasant stay. The staff were really lovely and create a really friendly environment. Best thing about the falls!

• 14th Jun 2015
  • Scotland

Great staff!!

Nice hostel but a bit far away from the city itself including the Niagara falls. I would say around 30 min walking.

The bedroom and the hostel in general were very clean. The location is "average" because it's 30 minutes walk from the falls, but only 2 minutes from the bus station, so it balances. About the people, even if I met really nice travelers, unfortunately the guy at the reception was really rude and even sarcastic which pretty much spoiled all the rest.

Good place, felt secure, very clean, staff were very helpful, good location, close to transport. Will recommend it.

really great hostel, just around the corner from the bus stop

View all Niagara Falls Hostels