HI-Niagara Falls Hostel Reviews

4549 Cataract Ave., Niagara Falls, Niagara Falls, Canada

Excellent staff. Sebastian in particular very nice amd helpful!

Not all the staff knows everything so you might get the answer you have to walk 25 minutes to the falls but there are 2 buses, 1 goes every 17 minutes in the main season the other one very 30 minutes until late at night. By the way the qalk is about 30-40 minutes. The kitchen is very well equipped. The breakfast is simple but good enough. It is not the modern HI Hostel you might used to it is an old house. I didn´t like it that they don´t have gender seperated bathroom, one single one though.

We spend 1 night in this hostel and I think it is a perfect hostel for that. Its a nice cozy hostel. The neighbourhood is a bit like a ghosttown and its pretty far from the falls, but at least it is not in the horrible touristic part of the city. The staff was really friendly and helpful. The only thing I really didn't like is that we had to pay a lot more because we are not HI members.

the staff at HI Niagara were very professional and kind. I would stay there again. No question.

• 26th Jun 2014

Very close to the train station, but the downtown area is quite run down with abandoned buildings. Both the hostel and general area were rather quiet and safe. The Falls themselves, and most attractions are about 30 minute walk away. Bit of competition for bathrooms even with few people. Repairs were being made to the hostel while I was there but this wasn't a huge problem. I felt this hostel was very good value for a single room near the Falls and would definitely stay again if I returned.

There were only 2 plug sockets in the 6 bed dorm i stayed in which isn't enough by far. The free breakfast was good though. I asked to buy a HI member card on arrival, as online it said i could do this, but the hostel had none in stock so i had to pay full non-member price.

Only 40 minutes walk to the Falls, a bit away from all the tourist resorts, but I think it's for the best ! Good Backpacker, good people, what else?

This was my very first hostel stay. Simply put, I really liked this hostel. It appeared that they were in the midst of upgrading the facilities as there were work crews fixing the stairs but I don't really think anyone minded and neither did I. The hostel was clean and the staff was very friendly. The common room was centrally located which led to interactions with other guests. It is a little bit of a walk to the falls but is no more than a 15 minute walk and the view along the river is lovely.

Bed was uncomfortable. That's really my only quarrel with the place.

• 17th May 2014

There better hostel for the same price which are also closer to the niagarafalls! And the rooms weren't really clean! You are afraid for any kind of bugs, which are all over the room:-/

• 17th May 2014

Good location, mostly good staff, only encountered one rude one. Bike hire was a good and cheap room was a good size and comfy bed

The hostel is really close from the bus station but pretty far from what people really really want to go and see there: 30 minutes from the Niagara Falls. If you don't mind walking, the view along the river will be nice, at least. The place is very clean and people, good kitchen, the breakfast is simple but enough. I stayed only one night, so it had everything that I needed.

Im satisfied with good amenities comparing to price. But its located at a cove, so when evening time not to be able to use a bus, I should walk a lot to go and see the niagara night scene.

• 26th Apr 2014
  • South Korea

Really nice hostel. Not too far from the falls.

I was charged nearly $10 more than I expected, which made the stay really expensive compared to other hostels around the world. Plus, the mattresses were very poor so that I didn't sleep much during the night.

hello I enjoyed my two days @ the hostel it was very good 10/10 and I will stay there again. by the way DADS CAFE is worth a visit one block away. 10/10

• 26th Feb 2014

This hostel is near the bus station but in the middle of no where! One of our beds had a white residue all over it! The price price you pay you can stop in a nice hotel! There were 3 of us and another 2 people staying and now we know why! Staff were friendly!

Hi, thank you for your comment. As winter is Niagara Fall's low season, sometimes, the hostel is very calm. At least, it got your group to have a dorm to yourself. We're sorry if the bed you slept in was, in any way, not what you expected. We do clean every rooms after every check-out. It would have been our pleasure to correct the situation if we have known. Again, thank you for your comment, this will help us improve ourselves. Myriam

View all Niagara Falls Hostels