HI-Ottawa Jail Hostel
Rated one of the top 10 spookiest buildings around the world by Lonely Planet!
Here's what you may do while staying with us :
- Have a drink, eat a meal, listen to live performances and meet other travelers at our bar MUGSHOTS - Ottawa's only jail bar!
- Use our free wireless internet or free internet terminals to plan, skype, book, check-in, post or tweet;
- Enjoy our FREE continental breakfast every morning;
- Join us on a FREE hostel orientation tour (offered daily to hostel guests only)
- Sleep in former jail cells that have been completely renovated and adapted to suit your comfort needs;
- Join us for a pub crawl, a movie night, a dance party and much more;
- Enjoy our great outdoor patio in the summer;
- Use our communal kitchen to show off your cooking skills;
- Ask our wonderful staff for suggestions of things to do in Ottawa;
- Visit death row and the gallows on the 8th floor with Ottawa's Haunted Walks tours.
We hope to see you soon - and remember - you don't have to commit a crime to do the time!
Please note : If you do not hold an HI membership card there will be an additional charge of $5 per night in shared room and $10 per night in a private room. All prices are subject to local sales tax of 13%.