HI-Ottawa Jail Hostel Reviews

75 Nicholas Street, Ontario, Ottawa, Canada

Personal items including a laptop were stolen from a locked locker. And I wasn't the only one who had their stuff nicked. The hostel could do nothing about it due to lack of cctv as the lockers are out in the corridors

• 18th Aug 2015

The location of this hostel is really good. However, everywhere is kind of dirty of this hostel. I've been to the other hostels as well, they are very clean. I know that you want to make a horrible atmosphere for your guests, but we don't want to experience some weird insects sleeping with us. And the spider web is everywhere....oh my god. Anyway, I really like the tour! It's good to know the history of this jail, interesting.

• 15th Aug 2015
  • ttwing1113
  • China

Stayed here for the experience of staying in an old jail. The staff were pleasant. The kitchen looked good even though I didn't use it. It wouldn't hurt to sweep the floor in my room. Loads of hair and an old contact lens on the floor. Please note this place wasnt built for people's comfort and if that's what you need id consider somewhere else. If you want to stay somewhere which character then come here.

I really enjoyed the hostel, the staff were all very friendly and helpful. The location was great and I met some awesome people there. It's very unique, I've never stayed in anywhere like it, it was a good experience for sure.

Everything is good except that it's kind of noisy due to old ventilation facility probably.

We stayed in a Private room on the 9th floor (the old hospital wing). I was Oblivious to the "Creepy" vibe that the historic Jail House had, however my husband couldn't wait for our last night stay to be over! I loved the people, environment, atmosphere. the tour at the end of the stay was great. I would recommend this hostel to anyone who had a list of "odd" or different hostels that they have stayed in. It's locations is amazing! we walked everywhere, saw almost everything imaginable! Loved it

The Hostel is great! The breakfast is delicius, very completly. The ubication is good. You can see de Parliament, the Rideau rivera and all the attraction at only five or ten minutes by food. It's very cleany and safety. Excelent Hostel!

Nice place, obviously haunted! Breakfast was great. Would love to see some berries. Very cool and scary jail tour.

• 8th Aug 2015
  • Mixed Group, 41+

Location is great, 2 mins from the Rideau center. Staff were great also, very helpful and polite. The place could be way cleaner and more comfortable. There is nothing but a bed and a shelf/hanger in the room(I stayed in a private room). The mattress was poor, dirty blanket, very noisy, needs a lot of repair, room hasn't been painted in a while, bathroom could be cleaner and better equipped (no hand soap, no power outlet).Shower was ok, but again, very minimal. It's fine for short stay though.

• 5th Aug 2015
  • Iran

Sufficient for a short stay, close to the center of the city, safe place. Unussual appearance of the jail, but one has sufficient information about this in advance. Good breakfast. Availability of parking a car in the parking lot nearby for low price.

I really enjoyed my stay here, the staff are friendly and it is centrally located.

• 4th Aug 2015

MY FRIEND AMD I HAVE OUR STAFF MISSING !!!!!!!!! NO WIFI!!!!!

Awesome, will definitely be staying again. The free breakfast was an amazing feature.

• 2nd Aug 2015

This is certainly a unique hostel! Spending a night in a jail cell is a very cool experience. The free jail tour was also great. The hostel is a bus ride from the train station and walking distance to all the sites. Breakfast was very good, and the staff were helpful. I stayed in a single cell and while it was fun I probably wouldn't want to do it for more than a couple of nights. Also a shame the bar is closed.

No AC, understanding it is a hostel but at least a wall fan in the cell would do the job in cooling the oven hot air Corners of the bed was dirty and seems never vacuumed under matress not to mention the matress was old and flat. Pellow was too thin and had to sleep on my arm to keep it up to the desired hight to be comfortable . May not visit again

• 28th Jul 2015

in the hot summer temperatures, it was stinking hot in the rooms, very uncomfortable.

The hostel is clean, comfortable and situated in a good location. However, the atmosphere was appalling and the entire hostel was in near absolute silence for the whole of my 4 day stay. As a lone traveller, this made it very hard to meet people. The hostel bar is no longer running at all - I feel that this is something that they should publicise - apparently it has been closed for a number of weeks now and it will not reopen.

Hotel was in a great location. Basic breakfast provided. Rooms were good but sound travels quite a bit. Only bad point were the bathroom facilities - female showers were two floors down and quite basic.

Decent place. Good and friendly staff. The bar has shut so the hostel loses something on the social side.If they are going to keep it closed they need to re-model downstairs.

Room too small price expensive

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4