HI-Ottawa Jail Hostel Reviews

75 Nicholas Street, Ontario, Ottawa, Canada

Such a awesome hostel! Staff was kind and the breakfast was free everyday. Frequently they open the bar with live music that is also good. And of course you can feel like you're actually behind bars!

• 25th Apr 2014
  • Japan

A few good points, it is very quirky and the location is excellent on the bad side - given the construction of the cells noise carries across cells very easily - the top bunk bed was very noisy - the rooms were small rooms and single rooms are just single cells - parking is first come first served and is limited to around 6 spaces and you permit from reception - the bar closed with no warning for a private function - breakfast starts at 0830 - the staff were pretty unhelpful

They thought I'd checked out so they gave a room key to some new arrivals in the middle of the night. They then came in multiple times to check I'd actually booked for the full stay, luckily I had proof - otherwise I may have been out on my ear!

• 24th Apr 2014

This is really a jail ! You will stay stucked on a cell. This is not good for claustrophobic people. Not worth the money

Great hostel

Good complete breakfast (something that you rarely see in hostels) Original atmosphere : Worth a visit!!!

Great place to stay, had no trouble with anything. The only downfall was the light streaming through the cell doors!

My cousin referred me to your facility. He had stayed there before and enjoyed the experience. I had fun as well. I can now tell everyone that i've been in jail!

• 27th Mar 2014

It's worth a visit, because it is a prison.

• 17th Mar 2014
  • Switzerland

The hostel itself is cool, unfortunately the guy we got had treated us like we were annoying him for even stepping through the door, first couldn't find our booking, then the price was more than quoted, then given the wrong room had to come back down change. Other staff members were amazing (maybe he just had a bad night). The hostel has cool tours, and has a very good location. You won't get much sleep as u can here everyone in the other cells. It's more about the experience in a jail.

Hi: Thanks for your comment. I am sorry that you did not have the best first experience in jail, but glad to hear that other staff made up for the errors on the first night. yes, the noise does travel on the cell floors and we are working hard to figure out how to reduce or eliminate that issue. Thanks again, Greg

1 2 3 Next » last »