HI Paudimar Falls Reviews

Rua Antonio Raposo 820 - Centro, Foz do Iguacu, Brazil

nice people, very helpful, transferts to the argentinian side of the waterfalls very useful!

• 16th Aug 2014

Staff was great, helpful and very flexible with personal needs They are arranging travel to Argentina side of Iguacu including all border control and payments which makes your life very easy. Paulo the owner was so kind and helpful which was really above expectations.

Gostei muito do cafe de manha. Tambem a musica que voces tocam (sou americano haha).

Clean, safe hostel with helpful enough staff...after you gave them a little encouragement!

Good location, nice staff, very noisy aircondition and they have some bugs due to humidity. Facilities also quite old.

VERY BAD! U MUST READ THIS IF U R PLANNING STAY tHERE! I booked this hostel 7 months ago by hostelworld.com! and when I arrived they told me "we don´t have avaiable beds" I was like WTF?? so, very gently I asked, "what are u going to do" his answer: "me? nothing, we don´t have more beds, if u want we can ask in the other hostel if they have beds for you", he was very rude but he called, there was place in the other hostel (SAME NAME) but dont even pay my taxi and they blame hostelworld.com

The hostel world website indicates that they take Credit cards (Mastercard/Visa) however upon checkout they indicated that they didn't take them and pointed to a small sign behind the counter. I did inform them that the booking website indicated that they did and they seemed uninterested. Also the reception desk didn't have access to my reservation from the website so they needed me to show them on my phone what I had requested and what I had already paid - not very professional.

I enjoyed my stay at this hostel a lot! The staff is very helpful and offers a wide range of services and excursions. Recommended!

I loved this hostel! If Foz would have a beach, I could live there forever! The 6 beds ensuit female dorm's a very nice room size. There are lockable compartments under the beds. Very central, just 2 blocks behind a main street where to catch the public transport to the waterfalls or near the bars at night. There is a swimming pool, a nice garden, a couple of hammocks, very nice veranda for breakfast,,,, it is truly beautiful. Only the kitchen is understuffed a little (no mocrowave & old pans)

The staff is really nice and efficient. They will answer all your question and give you wise advices to enjoy all the marvellous things in iguacu

We stayed together with my friend in the hostel for 3 nights. It's very cozy and comfortable, the backyard is great, breakfast was very good. The only thing that was a bit spoiling the whole impression was the weather, it was the middle of August and like 8C outside and it was very cold inside the room. I don't know what could we do without our sleeping bags.

• 13th Aug 2013
  • Russia

Thank you for a wonderful stay and good value for money. Hope to come back again some day.

• 30th Jul 2013
  • Poland
  • Couple, 41+

The dorm room was spacious and clean and had a huge private bathroom. Breakfast was generous but should start before 8am. Overall clean and secure but not much of an atmosphere when I was there (probably due to low season).

The hostel was in a pretty handy spot for buses and eating areas/Bars. Helped with Iguazu tours and transfers which was great, entertaining bus driver lol. Do research or ask where the supermarket is before going or you will wear a pair of shoes out walking the main street, its a few blocks over in direction of Mcdonalds. Staff were mainly helpful while one in afternoon was more interested in his Facebook and seemed it a chore to help but must forget who pays his wage, us the guests.

the cleanliness of the toilet was disusting! there was only 1 toilet! the stuff was un pleasnt

• 5th Mar 2013
  • Israel

Nice breakfast including ham, fruits and juice. Good location, near to MacDonalds where you can take buses to Airport, Cataratas and Itaipu. Also, there is a supermarket called Super Max which is a big market. There're 3 PCs for free use. Professional and nice staff.

Staff was very helpful but the beds are small, bathroom outside and dirty and lockers didn't work well.

The worse staff I ever met during my time in Brazil. Very unfriendly, not at all helpfull, just made all their guests feel like they were in the way. They never tried to help us at all. I met up with a group on fellow travellers whom I met in Rio. They arrived one day later and immidately they felt not welcome. Same goes for several other europeans I met there. This mainly goes for the bartender and the limping receptionist working mostly afternoons and nights.

Hostel with a very nice atmosphere! The staff is friendly &provides you with good advices. You can book a transfer from the hostel to the argentinien site of the Iguazu waterfalls, including boarder formalities. I meet in HI Paudimar only people in the age 20-35, most of them backpackers. We stayed in the second building and had a nice private room with own bathroom. Breakfast consits of coffee, tea, juice; bread with jam, cake and fresh fruits - nothing special but okay for the price!

• 13th Mar 2012