HI - Phoenix - The Metcalf House Hostel Reviews

1026 North 9th Street, Phoenix, USA

Amazing people and hostel.

I didn't realize that the flexible deposit I paid would not apply to the total bill and that they only accept cash. I lost some money thus not so convenient for me. Csillah the young Hungarian lady who welcomed me the first night was very nice and friendly. Also Vasili the young man from Russia who works there. The last day no one was available to speak with because they were all busy preparing for a band to come. I needed some guidance and input departing so I did feel disappointed.

• 9th Oct 2014
  • Philippines

A nice spot, walkable to restaurants and bars. Accommodated unexpected early arrival with ease. No issues.

• 30th Sep 2014

Keith was just great. Not only did he welcome me with humor and warmth, but he gave me information I needed and introduced me to someone who knew a great deal about what I wanted to know.

• 4th Sep 2014

The Phoenix youth hostel is an amazing destination. The environment, the company, the space itself is conducive to a fun, creative, cultural experience. The hostel provides an opportunity to connect to people from around the world, as well as to meet many local people in Phoenix because they often host exciting cultural events! it's a great space for group events, or to stay. Great company, great environment, feels like home!

• 2nd Aug 2014

The hostel is very welcoming. They have obviously put a lot of effort into making the yard and communal areas inviting. We stayed in a private room. Very clean, had good ac and fan. Room is connected to the men's bathroom, they close off a stall next to the door to the room so you have a private toilet which is nice, but if you're a woman you have to go out of the room and into the house to use the shower which is also the one public restroom, so that was a bit strange. The staff is very nice!

• 20th Jul 2014

I love the atmosphere, the connections to community and garden space. Clean, globally minded, fun!

• 16th Jul 2014
  • Mexico

This hostel was amazing! Felt like home as soon as I set foot in the door. The staff were magnificent and helpful in everyway. On arrival they give you a map, which is super helpful when you don't know anything about the city. The kitchen is amazing and super large with everything you could need. Best hostel I have stayed in by far!

I really enjoyed my stay at this hostel. The room was bright, clean and comfortable. There are many beautiful spaces to relax: gardens, lounging areas, porch, courtyard. It was charming, affordable, and the staff was very friendly and helpful.

• 11th Jul 2014
  • Mexico

From all the hostels I've been to, this is the first hostel, where I don't feel like a guest, but I feel like family. There is no difference between guest and staff, everybody talks to everyone, everybody cooks with everyone and hangs out with everyone. I'll never forget the south american music-night or the Tacos!! Also, I loved all the recommendations on where to go in Phoenix. It's a beautiful area to stay and all the people I met were amazing. :) I will definitely come back! :)

Great staff, great guests! I loved this hostel in the heart of a vibrant arts district, good breakfast, dinners and events organized by staff for a great vibe! I'll be back!

• 4th Jul 2014
  • Mexico

Great hostal in centre of city. Staff so friendly and knows a lot of knowledge of great places. We had dinner, drinks, and go to a art fair and desert garden. The kind of place I think all hostals should be. Will miss it.

This the best, most fun and cleanest hostel i've stayed at.

• 3rd Jul 2014

The hostel is a wonderful oasis in Phoenix, I felt welcome and at home right away and very much enjoyed my stays there!

• 20th Jun 2014

Overall we really liked the hostel! The staff were very helpful, nice and more than welcoming. Atmosphere was good but probably would be better if there was more people at the hostel! Very close to shops, bars and coffee shops and the baseba stadium! Very rustic feel, definitely recommend it.

• 27th May 2014

The hostel was very clean, had a cool vibe and had very friendly staff. There weren't too many people staying there. One disappointing thing though was that my deposit through Hostelworld was not honoured so I had to pay a few extra dollars than expected.

great place that I would happily stay at again. location is pretty good, a short walk to a couple of busses that head into central downtown. Really friendly staff who made a big difference and made effort to get to know guests etc. really relaxed vibe, and just a pleasant place to be. facilities were fine, it was clean enough, I would reccommend!

Nice place!