HI - Phoenix - The Metcalf House Hostel Reviews

1026 North 9th Street, Phoenix, USA

I had a great time at the hostel. The staff was really nice and the athmosphere was amazing, it's a cute small hostel in an art district, so perfect if you want some time to relax. I would totally recommend it.

• 29th Nov 2014

One of the best value for money hostels I've stayed at in the US - a really cool spot and the staff are great, highly recommended

Super clean and tidy Generously provided breakfast food to us. Told us of evens and local attractions. Quiet at night. All was top notch

I didn't like the fact that staff was living next to the dorm and came in multiple times during my stay. It was impossible to lock the door next to the staff so they could come in anytime. I think there should be more of a separation.

Good hostal at all, but miss some of the prefessional hostelling experience one would expect, like better maps and someone to give you directions. There is a more mature audience to it, more silence and less party, which is good of rme but might not be to everyone. They disencourage alcohol, which is OK for rme but might not be to everyone.

Amazing people and hostel.

I didn't realize that the flexible deposit I paid would not apply to the total bill and that they only accept cash. I lost some money thus not so convenient for me. Csillah the young Hungarian lady who welcomed me the first night was very nice and friendly. Also Vasili the young man from Russia who works there. The last day no one was available to speak with because they were all busy preparing for a band to come. I needed some guidance and input departing so I did feel disappointed.

• 9th Oct 2014
  • Philippines

A nice spot, walkable to restaurants and bars. Accommodated unexpected early arrival with ease. No issues.

• 30th Sep 2014

Keith was just great. Not only did he welcome me with humor and warmth, but he gave me information I needed and introduced me to someone who knew a great deal about what I wanted to know.

• 4th Sep 2014

The Phoenix youth hostel is an amazing destination. The environment, the company, the space itself is conducive to a fun, creative, cultural experience. The hostel provides an opportunity to connect to people from around the world, as well as to meet many local people in Phoenix because they often host exciting cultural events! it's a great space for group events, or to stay. Great company, great environment, feels like home!

• 2nd Aug 2014

The hostel is very welcoming. They have obviously put a lot of effort into making the yard and communal areas inviting. We stayed in a private room. Very clean, had good ac and fan. Room is connected to the men's bathroom, they close off a stall next to the door to the room so you have a private toilet which is nice, but if you're a woman you have to go out of the room and into the house to use the shower which is also the one public restroom, so that was a bit strange. The staff is very nice!

• 20th Jul 2014

I love the atmosphere, the connections to community and garden space. Clean, globally minded, fun!

• 16th Jul 2014
  • Mexico

This hostel was amazing! Felt like home as soon as I set foot in the door. The staff were magnificent and helpful in everyway. On arrival they give you a map, which is super helpful when you don't know anything about the city. The kitchen is amazing and super large with everything you could need. Best hostel I have stayed in by far!

I really enjoyed my stay at this hostel. The room was bright, clean and comfortable. There are many beautiful spaces to relax: gardens, lounging areas, porch, courtyard. It was charming, affordable, and the staff was very friendly and helpful.

• 11th Jul 2014
  • Mexico

From all the hostels I've been to, this is the first hostel, where I don't feel like a guest, but I feel like family. There is no difference between guest and staff, everybody talks to everyone, everybody cooks with everyone and hangs out with everyone. I'll never forget the south american music-night or the Tacos!! Also, I loved all the recommendations on where to go in Phoenix. It's a beautiful area to stay and all the people I met were amazing. :) I will definitely come back! :)

Great staff, great guests! I loved this hostel in the heart of a vibrant arts district, good breakfast, dinners and events organized by staff for a great vibe! I'll be back!

• 4th Jul 2014
  • Mexico

Great hostal in centre of city. Staff so friendly and knows a lot of knowledge of great places. We had dinner, drinks, and go to a art fair and desert garden. The kind of place I think all hostals should be. Will miss it.

This the best, most fun and cleanest hostel i've stayed at.

• 3rd Jul 2014

The hostel is a wonderful oasis in Phoenix, I felt welcome and at home right away and very much enjoyed my stays there!

• 20th Jun 2014