HI - Phoenix - The Metcalf House Hostel Reviews

1026 North 9th Street, Phoenix, USA

This place was fabulous! The staff were friendly, respectful, personable, and kind, and kept this place in a manner that showed they cared about the hostel and about what they had to offer the guests. The grounds are amazing. Beautiful garden of succulents all around, with birds singing and an abundance of hammocks or other places to relax. Community kitchen well-prepared and clean. Located in the midst of an artistic area, close to coffee shops, about a 15 minute walk from the LightRail.

Good place to stay in Phoenix. Can walk to everything in downtown Phoenix. Nice commercial-style kitchen. Quiet at night for sleeping.

If you are looking for a party hostel to have a crazy time in Phoenix, look no more! There isn't one. LOL. That being said, this hostel was really awesome. Yes, most travelers are a little older than the usual people I meet at hostels, but they were great people, and I really enjoyed talking to them. I was able to meet some great people to go explore the city, and I had a blast.I am also very grateful for the staff, who tried very hard to maintain a social and fun atmosphere.

I had a great time at the hostel. The staff was really nice and the athmosphere was amazing, it's a cute small hostel in an art district, so perfect if you want some time to relax. I would totally recommend it.

• 29th Nov 2014

One of the best value for money hostels I've stayed at in the US - a really cool spot and the staff are great, highly recommended

Super clean and tidy Generously provided breakfast food to us. Told us of evens and local attractions. Quiet at night. All was top notch

I didn't like the fact that staff was living next to the dorm and came in multiple times during my stay. It was impossible to lock the door next to the staff so they could come in anytime. I think there should be more of a separation.

Good hostal at all, but miss some of the prefessional hostelling experience one would expect, like better maps and someone to give you directions. There is a more mature audience to it, more silence and less party, which is good of rme but might not be to everyone. They disencourage alcohol, which is OK for rme but might not be to everyone.

Amazing people and hostel.

I didn't realize that the flexible deposit I paid would not apply to the total bill and that they only accept cash. I lost some money thus not so convenient for me. Csillah the young Hungarian lady who welcomed me the first night was very nice and friendly. Also Vasili the young man from Russia who works there. The last day no one was available to speak with because they were all busy preparing for a band to come. I needed some guidance and input departing so I did feel disappointed.

• 9th Oct 2014