HI Phoenix - The Metcalf House Reviews

1026 North 9th Street, Phoenix, USA

I was there only two nights but I managed to meet tons of people at all ages, from youngsters to seniors. There were actually ten beds in one dorm so if you don't like to sleep in a crowd book one of he other rooms. The atmosphere was really nice and people were friendly. It's probably the most quiet hostel I've been to. Not quite the raging party vibe, but that must suit some people. Good breakfast. You can expect pancakes and eggs. Ty Metcalf!

• 30th Jan 2016
  • Iceland

Extreme nice staff. Rooms are not excelling but very clean. Pretty lobby with many hiking/adventure tips for the region.

Besides the fact that the check-in window is very narrow and all guests are expected to follow and know it in advance, the owner is extremely rude and unprofessional. She pointed out that my tone of voice to address the concern with the hostel staff did not meet her personal taste, and refused to accommodate me besides my advanced booking. She promised the refund and I am yet to receive it. This is the worst attitude from a business owner I have ever had, stay clear of this ***-hole.

Pretty average hostel, however they have specific check in times which are worth noting-you can't check in between 10am-5pm.

The fact of the front desk be open in the afternoon just as from 3 pm is a sorrow point to guests.

Very friendly atmosphere, very helpful staff. Was very to close the event I was I town for. Would stay again if ever in the area

• 2nd Jan 2016

Everything went pretty good and I had the chance to meet a very friendly staff and a very nice hotel. IT's located very closed to some very nice restaurants and coffee places, as well as easily reachable by car: right out of the I10.

Really chilled hostel with great staff and a nice relaxed vibe. Thanks for having us guys, Dom

I felt immediately welcomed and really enjoyed my stay! Great hostel experience!!

Great staff!

This place is so cool! It has a lot of great lounging space outside in the courtyard (hammocks!! and throw pillows and sitting areas!) with bamboo shoots surrounding, which make you feel tucked away in the city. The breakfast was good, the staff was nice, they had ping pong, and outdoor shower in the back, and even has a pumpkin carving party when we were there. Loved my stay. I keep thinking about this place! Thanks guys!!!

• 30th Oct 2015

Super friendly staff, great vibes.

Keith (the manager) is cool! Stay here!

Showers were very small, wifi worked well, breakfast was doughnuts, washing machines were broken, hippy feel about it, most of Phoenix had that feel, did the job but was glad to leave

This was a charming little hostel, by no means a party hostel, but a really nice, low key and groovy place to explore the hidden gems that Phoenix has to offer, the staff were all exceptional and gave great advice for what to do in Phoenix, perfect for a few days.

Amazing, the staff, the guests, the outdoor shower.

I don't think I've ever stayed at a hostel that instantly makes you feel like you're at home. The staff & guests are incredible. After a 12hr bus ride I was told, "are you hungry?" And pancakes were being made, then checked in and had an amazing outdoor shower. I was only here for 3 days but it was the best 3 days I could imagine, Keith is just awesome, he wants to know what you're up to, find you the best tour options and has advice when needed. Barbecues in the front yard, like family dinner.

Okay so this was a strange one. The staff are welcoming but they will rip you off straight away claiming the deposit you pay to hostelworld is invalid so they will charge you the extra cash when you arrive - only hostel I have ever been to that does this. Also found the staff have a bit of a power issue and enforce a ridiculous rule which only allows you to drink two beers. Arthur the main guy has an issue if you suggest doing anything that he doesn't recommend. Decent stay but a bit strange

Cool spot with a funky( a good thing) front yard. Staff were nice. Parking is free and breakfast is better than most of the hi hostels.