HI - Phoenix - The Metcalf House Reviews

1026 North 9th Street, Phoenix, USA

I love the atmosphere, the connections to community and garden space. Clean, globally minded, fun!

• 16th Jul 2014
  • Mexico

This hostel was amazing! Felt like home as soon as I set foot in the door. The staff were magnificent and helpful in everyway. On arrival they give you a map, which is super helpful when you don't know anything about the city. The kitchen is amazing and super large with everything you could need. Best hostel I have stayed in by far!

• 14th Jul 2014

I really enjoyed my stay at this hostel. The room was bright, clean and comfortable. There are many beautiful spaces to relax: gardens, lounging areas, porch, courtyard. It was charming, affordable, and the staff was very friendly and helpful.

• 11th Jul 2014
  • Mexico

From all the hostels I've been to, this is the first hostel, where I don't feel like a guest, but I feel like family. There is no difference between guest and staff, everybody talks to everyone, everybody cooks with everyone and hangs out with everyone. I'll never forget the south american music-night or the Tacos!! Also, I loved all the recommendations on where to go in Phoenix. It's a beautiful area to stay and all the people I met were amazing. :) I will definitely come back! :)

Great staff, great guests! I loved this hostel in the heart of a vibrant arts district, good breakfast, dinners and events organized by staff for a great vibe! I'll be back!

• 4th Jul 2014
  • Mexico

Great hostal in centre of city. Staff so friendly and knows a lot of knowledge of great places. We had dinner, drinks, and go to a art fair and desert garden. The kind of place I think all hostals should be. Will miss it.

This the best, most fun and cleanest hostel i've stayed at.

• 3rd Jul 2014

The hostel is a wonderful oasis in Phoenix, I felt welcome and at home right away and very much enjoyed my stays there!

• 20th Jun 2014

Overall we really liked the hostel! The staff were very helpful, nice and more than welcoming. Atmosphere was good but probably would be better if there was more people at the hostel! Very close to shops, bars and coffee shops and the baseba stadium! Very rustic feel, definitely recommend it.

• 27th May 2014

The hostel was very clean, had a cool vibe and had very friendly staff. There weren't too many people staying there. One disappointing thing though was that my deposit through Hostelworld was not honoured so I had to pay a few extra dollars than expected.

great place that I would happily stay at again. location is pretty good, a short walk to a couple of busses that head into central downtown. Really friendly staff who made a big difference and made effort to get to know guests etc. really relaxed vibe, and just a pleasant place to be. facilities were fine, it was clean enough, I would reccommend!

Nice place!

Not located in a great area I am told (Garfield district). Not much atmosphere at the hostel. Staff is fine. Breakfast is pretty restricted. Overall, I was satisfied with my stay.