HI - Point Reyes Hostel Reviews

Point Reyes National Seashore, Point Reyes Station, USA

I love it. Tori is a nice girl !

• 14th Jun 2014
  • India

I loved everything about this place (except you don't have internet). Super clean, awesome staff, amazing location. I can't wait to go back. Thank you!

My wife and I love this place and have stayed there 4 times. It is a great place to take kids. And we have met some very nice people there.

• 10th Sep 2013
  • Couple, 41+

This is a destination hostel. People from Marin County (the local area) seem to book this because there is no cell-reception and lots of conversation. I loooove it here!! Stay two nights.

• 26th Jul 2013

A lady came in at 1030pm very frazzled, and Mark, who was on duty had already clocked out. But he was really really helpful - he realized when she said the hostel closed at 1030pm that she went to the wrong hostel. He called them on her behalf, cancelled for her, and turned everything on to check her in. This spirit is something i want to commend. It is beyond customer service.

• 6th Jul 2013
  • Singapore

This place is simply amazing. I originally planned on staying for one night only before heading to Big Sur Pfeiffer State Park but I ended up staying here for 5 nights. There are so any hiking trails with all kinds of wild birds, deers, elks, and berries. I can't wait to go back. The staff really take good care of this place and keep all areas extremely clean. The beddings and restrooms are spotless and kitchen is well maintained. Best hostel in United States I've stayed!

Mark was great. I was comfortable as soon as I walked in. The beds are very clean, and so comfortable. The atmophere at coffee & breakfast time was like a little bed & breakfast. Very nice stay.

• 15th Jun 2013
  • All Female Group, 41+

Great hostel! I wish there were secondary locks on the actual dorm rooms though. Great staff, props to Mark, Lacey, and Ashley.

Great place. You're in the middle of a forest, trails near by, usual fog & mist early morning, bring layers. Suggestion - though there is time for silence, the place could do with some atmosphere created by the staff. A little radio or something in the kitchen or eating area. Mark is usually on the desk, is a nervous person, who makes others nervous always observing them & giving you a look. He works hard, & I hope the staff can improve the atmosphere for this excellent hostel.

Awesome. (isn't that word overused? if i could think of a word more superlative i would use it.) Everything about this place is professional and first rate.

Friendly staff, clean and inviting hostel. A wonderful experience.

• 3rd Dec 2011

I cancelled because the hostel is closed all day which I found to be extremely inconvenient. Of course they dont tell you this up front so youget charged a booking fee. Really rude.

• 20th Nov 2011

I had trouble with registration online - got good help with "gold..." membership, but then had trouble getting the no-booking-fee online...still unresolved.

If you are interested in nature, then this is the place for you. If being close to the culture of a city or, for that matter, civilization interests you, I would say shop around. Other than having to wait about twenty minutes for the woman who worked at the desk to finish a completely inane conversation before I could check in, this hostel is interesting and right in the thick of nature, allowing for some incredible hiking and scenery.

it would be helpful to have a more of a sound barrier between bathroom/showers and sleeping area.

View all Point Reyes Station Hostels