HI Point Reyes Reviews

Point Reyes National Seashore, Point Reyes Station, USA

Location and facilities were good but there was a series of little things that, individualy would not have mattered but taken all together made the services received not worth the value : no access to facilities before 4pm and forbiden to stay on premises after check out, no breakfast (1$ a scoop for tea/coffee), asked to redo the bed ourselves for the next people, paying internet, no alcohol permited, front desk lady that make us feel like we are lucky guests and not paying customers, etc.

• 22nd Oct 2015

My stay at the Reyes Point Hostel coul not have been better. Nestled in rich forested surroundings, the hostel provides comfortable bunk beds with sheets and comforters., a clean fully equipped kitchen, as well as clean bathrooms with showers. I would stay there again anytime.

• 12th Sep 2015

Incredibly friendly and helpful staff. Excellent signage and generally very well-maintained. Plus my kids loved the game room!

• 20th Jun 2015
  • Mixed Group, 41+

This place is rules upon rules upon rules. No wifi or cell service. Might as well have been camping for the sake of freedom.

• 15th Jun 2015

Very nice hostel in a beautiful location. Staff was very friendly and always ready to help. Had a great stay there.

• 5th Jun 2015

I don't know if I can actually define my experience here as an experience. I was supposed to spend one night there but when my friend and I went we couldn't find the place and so we tried to call the hostel but the call center had closed at 5PM and it was 8. So, nobody could help us and finally we didn't manage to find the place!

Excellent hikers hostel, beautiful location, out on its own the hostel eats and breaths true nature. Lockers would be an advantage, otherwise first class. Oh, I believe the hostel could stock a few essentials for hikers in the way of dried food for sale.

Very nice staffers and a comfortable, quiet place to stay. I already sent a review in but oh well.

• 7th Mar 2015

I couldn't have been happier with my stay. I got in one Night early and stayed for two nights. and should have stayed longer! Staff is so sweet. Great knowledge of park and surrounding areas the beds have actual duvets- you'll stay warm. The kitchen had a coffee grinder(!!!), drippers and filters. Awesome since I had bought a ton of beans in SF. They compost too which is so so cool. No cell service so download and screenshot all your important info. Nice quiet spot. Can't wait to go back.

• 15th Jan 2015

Nancy was super friendly and helpful. Overall, I had a very pleasant stay.

• 21st Nov 2014

I love it. Tori is a nice girl !

• 14th Jun 2014
  • India

I loved everything about this place (except you don't have internet). Super clean, awesome staff, amazing location. I can't wait to go back. Thank you!

My wife and I love this place and have stayed there 4 times. It is a great place to take kids. And we have met some very nice people there.

• 10th Sep 2013
  • Couple, 41+

This is a destination hostel. People from Marin County (the local area) seem to book this because there is no cell-reception and lots of conversation. I loooove it here!! Stay two nights.

• 26th Jul 2013

A lady came in at 1030pm very frazzled, and Mark, who was on duty had already clocked out. But he was really really helpful - he realized when she said the hostel closed at 1030pm that she went to the wrong hostel. He called them on her behalf, cancelled for her, and turned everything on to check her in. This spirit is something i want to commend. It is beyond customer service.

• 6th Jul 2013
  • Singapore

This place is simply amazing. I originally planned on staying for one night only before heading to Big Sur Pfeiffer State Park but I ended up staying here for 5 nights. There are so any hiking trails with all kinds of wild birds, deers, elks, and berries. I can't wait to go back. The staff really take good care of this place and keep all areas extremely clean. The beddings and restrooms are spotless and kitchen is well maintained. Best hostel in United States I've stayed!

Mark was great. I was comfortable as soon as I walked in. The beds are very clean, and so comfortable. The atmophere at coffee & breakfast time was like a little bed & breakfast. Very nice stay.

• 15th Jun 2013
  • All Female Group, 41+

Great hostel! I wish there were secondary locks on the actual dorm rooms though. Great staff, props to Mark, Lacey, and Ashley.

Great place. You're in the middle of a forest, trails near by, usual fog & mist early morning, bring layers. Suggestion - though there is time for silence, the place could do with some atmosphere created by the staff. A little radio or something in the kitchen or eating area. Mark is usually on the desk, is a nervous person, who makes others nervous always observing them & giving you a look. He works hard, & I hope the staff can improve the atmosphere for this excellent hostel.

Awesome. (isn't that word overused? if i could think of a word more superlative i would use it.) Everything about this place is professional and first rate.

View all Point Reyes Station Hostels