HI - Portland Hawthorne Hostel Reviews

3031 SE Hawthorne Blvd., Oregon, Portland, USA

Lovely hostel! They are really sustainable which is amazing. Stayed here with my boyfriend for just one night. The other people in our room were friendly and it's located in a really cool neighborhood!

Damp basement dorm with 12+ beds when I booked a 4 beds room. Far from downtown.

Hello Hugo. We do not have four bed dorms, only six or eight bed dorms. So there is no way you could have booked a four bed dorm with us. And there is fast and frequent bus service from the hostel to downtown (15 minute ride), plus there are many things to do in our neighborhood.

Great location in Hawthorne and only 10 minutes to downtown via the bus. Great parks and shopping in the area. Staff was helpful and took pride in their work. Great place to stay when trying to explore Portland. Kind of a weird smell but hey, the house is old and creepy what do you expect. Very safe atmosphere.

This hostel had a GREAT vibe too it! I met some awesome people here and there's heaps of fun stuff to do and it's located in a great location! Only thing is no 24 hour reception can be inconvenient when checking in late otherwise it was an awesome hostel! Although there is no drinking allowed and very poor airconditioning which means it's boiling at night, it is definitely worth it! Highly recommend it!

Nice and clean hostel with friendly and helpful staff!

Great service, accommodations, and location. Thank you!

I liked this hostel! It's a little bit away from downtown but the neighborhood is nice and interesting. I would bring my own lock for the lockers, but they will rent a lock to you. I only stayed for one night, but everything was OK.

Staff here are really helpful and willing to help you out! Thanks a lot, Eddie! My sleeping bag will be with me in camp in the following week~

Really cool, funky hostel located in the quaint, adorable Hawthorne neighborhood. The 14 bus stops right outside the hostel and is a 20 minute ride to Pioneer Square. Staff were helpful and did an amazing job keeping the hostel clean. Free basic breakfast. A short walk to cafés, vintage stores, and nightlife. Would definitely stay here again!