HI - Portland Hawthorne Hostel Reviews

3031 SE Hawthorne Blvd., Oregon, Portland, USA

Great location! Super friendly and oatmeal

• 23rd Jan 2015

Same as below :)

• 9th Jan 2015
  • Taiwan

The hostel didn't organize any social activities during my stay, even though I was there for New Years Eve. It was my first time in Portland, and as a solo traveler I was depending on the hostel to have something going on. Pretty baffling and disappointing that there was no community feel to this place. No lockers in the room. Pros: The location is hip and convenient, and they provide free pancake mix and other breakfast foods free in the morning.

• 27th Dec 2014

Good host, but the real price is higher than hostel world price and the location is not so good

• 25th Dec 2014

Hello , Thanks for taking the time to make a comment. FYI- if you looked at you booking info you'd see that all prices excluded the HI- member fee (which is standard quoting) and local lodging taxes. Sorry, there's no way for us to include the taxes in your quoted rated. Happy Travels, Talbot Wallace HI- Portland Hawthorne Hostel Manager

I appreciated the board with suggestions of things to do. I went on the ghost walk and had a great time.

• 19th Dec 2014

Lovely hostel! They are really sustainable which is amazing. Stayed here with my boyfriend for just one night. The other people in our room were friendly and it's located in a really cool neighborhood!

Damp basement dorm with 12+ beds when I booked a 4 beds room. Far from downtown.

Hello Hugo. We do not have four bed dorms, only six or eight bed dorms. So there is no way you could have booked a four bed dorm with us. And there is fast and frequent bus service from the hostel to downtown (15 minute ride), plus there are many things to do in our neighborhood.

Great location in Hawthorne and only 10 minutes to downtown via the bus. Great parks and shopping in the area. Staff was helpful and took pride in their work. Great place to stay when trying to explore Portland. Kind of a weird smell but hey, the house is old and creepy what do you expect. Very safe atmosphere.

This hostel had a GREAT vibe too it! I met some awesome people here and there's heaps of fun stuff to do and it's located in a great location! Only thing is no 24 hour reception can be inconvenient when checking in late otherwise it was an awesome hostel! Although there is no drinking allowed and very poor airconditioning which means it's boiling at night, it is definitely worth it! Highly recommend it!

Nice and clean hostel with friendly and helpful staff!

Great service, accommodations, and location. Thank you!