HI Portland Hawthorne

Superb 354 Total Reviews
9.3
Superb 354 Total Reviews

13th Mar 2017

Hostel is in an old but comfortable building. They are really eco-friendly which I liked. It's a little bit out of the way but the bus stops right outside so transport is great. I'd stay here again.

25th Feb 2017

It's a little bit off the beaten path, but still quite close to Downtown Portland, as well as to some cool surrounding areas! I had a great time visiting this hostel, and it was fun hanging out with a few random people that were also staying there. I stayed in a mix dorm room, and highly suggest you bring some earplugs and a face mask if you can. But really, this should be par for the course for anyone who is staying at a hostel!

• Germany, Female, 18-24
18th Feb 2017

I really enjoyed staying at HI Portland Hawthorne! The location is amazing, the staff was super and it's nice that the hostel isn't packed with people. Everything is really family style! The only things keeping me from giving 10/ 10: Missing reading lights. It's not nice to switch on the big light in a 8 bed dorm during the night, when you have to use the washroom. And my bed wasn't super clean. There were breadcrumbs under and next to my matratze. Not a super big deal though :)

• USA, Female, 41+
6th Feb 2017

It was very chill with friendly, helpful staff, comfortable bed, great kitchen, cozy eating & lounging areas and fun chatting with other guests. Thanks Hawthorn Hostel HI Portland!

• Canada, Female, 25-30
21st Jan 2017
7.4

I booked a last minute trip to Portland on a Saturday and was only left with one choice of hostel for my price range. Not bad at all! The room I was in was very well laid out and spacious. Convenient number locks, so no keys necessary! It was quite a bit out of the way of downtown, where I was going to a show, but the bus lines were convenient enough to make it work. The hostel itself was was laid out in kind of a confusing pattern, but it was quiet and safe and warm. All I needed, really.

Thank you for your feedback! I would like to add, for those wondering about our proximity to Downtown Portland, that we are less than 2.5 miles from Pioneer Square (which most would consider the center of downtown). You can get there in less than 20 minutes by bus (Bus 14), 15 minutes by car or if you are up for a walk (highly recommended in good weather, there are great views when crossing the river) it is about 45 minutes.

• Venezuela, Female, 25-30
7th Jan 2017

I wasn't expecting this place to be so good! It's super clean and the staff was super friendly and helpful all the time! Would stay here again next time I'm in Portland :)

I am so glad you enjoyed your stay in our Hostel! We would love to have you again, next time you are in town.

• Germany, Female, 18-24
27th Dec 2016

This is a really cute Hostel. It only takes you like 10 minutes to get to Downtown Portland and in the area of the Hostel are a lot of cute shops and nice places to eat. The staff is super friendly and I would definitely stay there again!

• Germany, All Female Group, 18-24
25th Dec 2016

The HI in Hawthorne is in a cute neighborhood with a lot of little cafes and boutiques. It is about 15-20 minutes from downtown with the bus, but the connection is pretty good. The house is great! Super ecologically. And all the staff are super nice and helpful!

Thank you for staying with us and also for your kind words. It was a pleasure having you!

• USA, Female, 25-30
9th Dec 2016

First time staying at a hostel and let me say it was a good experience overall. Our room was spacious and clean. The staff was nice and and accommodating. It was located at a very cool neighborhood with lots of interesting places to eat and things to do.

5th Nov 2016

The rooms were spacious. The entire hostel was kept really clean. The facilities were great and there was nothing to complain.