Fabulous 344 Total Reviews
Fabulous 344 Total Reviews
HI Portland Hawthorne Located at 3031 SE Hawthorne Blvd., Oregon, Portland.
USA
Portland Connecticut 97214 3031 SE Hawthorne Blvd., Oregon
89% 344
45.5120750 -122.6344160
    Rooms available

• Canada, Female, 25-30
21st Jan 2017
7.4

I booked a last minute trip to Portland on a Saturday and was only left with one choice of hostel for my price range. Not bad at all! The room I was in was very well laid out and spacious. Convenient number locks, so no keys necessary! It was quite a bit out of the way of downtown, where I was going to a show, but the bus lines were convenient enough to make it work. The hostel itself was was laid out in kind of a confusing pattern, but it was quiet and safe and warm. All I needed, really.

• Venezuela, Female, 25-30
7th Jan 2017

I wasn't expecting this place to be so good! It's super clean and the staff was super friendly and helpful all the time! Would stay here again next time I'm in Portland :)

I am so glad you enjoyed your stay in our Hostel! We would love to have you again, next time you are in town.

• Germany, Female, 18-24
27th Dec 2016

This is a really cute Hostel. It only takes you like 10 minutes to get to Downtown Portland and in the area of the Hostel are a lot of cute shops and nice places to eat. The staff is super friendly and I would definitely stay there again!

• Germany, All Female Group, 18-24
25th Dec 2016

The HI in Hawthorne is in a cute neighborhood with a lot of little cafes and boutiques. It is about 15-20 minutes from downtown with the bus, but the connection is pretty good. The house is great! Super ecologically. And all the staff are super nice and helpful!

Thank you for staying with us and also for your kind words. It was a pleasure having you!

• USA, Female, 25-30
9th Dec 2016

First time staying at a hostel and let me say it was a good experience overall. Our room was spacious and clean. The staff was nice and and accommodating. It was located at a very cool neighborhood with lots of interesting places to eat and things to do.

5th Nov 2016

The rooms were spacious. The entire hostel was kept really clean. The facilities were great and there was nothing to complain.

• mgarrett
  • USA, Female, 25-30
22nd Oct 2016

It's a very pleasant and calm hostel. Def not for people who want to party, but they do have weekly pub crawls. The hostel is located on a street filled with plenty of restaurants, food trucks, bars, and shops. It was only a 10 min drive (20 min bus ride) to downtown. The staff was extremely nice and helpful. They were helpful with planning what to do and when. Would I stay here again? Yes! It was clean, I felt safe, and it's located close to downtown.

22nd Oct 2016

I have stayed at a LOT of hostels in the last 12-24 months and without hesitation I say this is the best one I've been at. The hostel is very clean, very well kept. The staff are great and very helpful. The location is superb in a great city--Portland. Bike rental is SUPER reasonable and available lockers, automatically locked dorm doors and key-in front door at night makes security very well done. Overall a great experience!

20th Oct 2016

Over the pass 10 years I have stayed at the Hawthorne hostel many times a very warm friendly old Victorian house with great staff this was the same as all of my passed visits

• USA, Female, 18-24
19th Oct 2016

I had the best time here. I arrive early to check in and they kept my luggage in an outside storage area. After I checked out, I had some time before my flight and they kept my thing locked away free of charge. I felt so safe to leave my stuff around in the room and I felt that it was very spacious. It is located in the center of the Hawthorne district with shopping, food, bars, and anything else you could ask for in walking distance. It is also right in front of a bus stop. Had a great time!!