8.5
Fabulous 335 Total Reviews
8.5
Fabulous 335 Total Reviews
HI Portland Hawthorne Located at 3031 SE Hawthorne Blvd., Oregon, Portland.
USA
Portland Connecticut 97214 3031 SE Hawthorne Blvd., Oregon
85% 335
45.5120750 -122.6344160
    Rooms available

5th Nov 2016

The rooms were spacious. The entire hostel was kept really clean. The facilities were great and there was nothing to complain.

• mgarrett
22nd Oct 2016

It's a very pleasant and calm hostel. Def not for people who want to party, but they do have weekly pub crawls. The hostel is located on a street filled with plenty of restaurants, food trucks, bars, and shops. It was only a 10 min drive (20 min bus ride) to downtown. The staff was extremely nice and helpful. They were helpful with planning what to do and when. Would I stay here again? Yes! It was clean, I felt safe, and it's located close to downtown.

22nd Oct 2016

I have stayed at a LOT of hostels in the last 12-24 months and without hesitation I say this is the best one I've been at. The hostel is very clean, very well kept. The staff are great and very helpful. The location is superb in a great city--Portland. Bike rental is SUPER reasonable and available lockers, automatically locked dorm doors and key-in front door at night makes security very well done. Overall a great experience!

20th Oct 2016

Over the pass 10 years I have stayed at the Hawthorne hostel many times a very warm friendly old Victorian house with great staff this was the same as all of my passed visits

• USA, Female, 18-24
19th Oct 2016

I had the best time here. I arrive early to check in and they kept my luggage in an outside storage area. After I checked out, I had some time before my flight and they kept my thing locked away free of charge. I felt so safe to leave my stuff around in the room and I felt that it was very spacious. It is located in the center of the Hawthorne district with shopping, food, bars, and anything else you could ask for in walking distance. It is also right in front of a bus stop. Had a great time!!

• USA, Female, 41+
4th Oct 2016

Very friendly and accommodating staff. Atmosphere open and peaceful. Great location.

29th Sep 2016

Had a great time. Parking was limited, but I happened to get a spot!

26th Sep 2016

Great place to stay in Hawthorne district-- close and walkable to make restaurants, bars, and even to a nice hike up Mt. Tabor. It's also right near a bus stop so it's easy to get into downtown. In the basement the 3 rooms that are all attached to each other-- you have to go through 2 to get to the 3rd which is a bit odd but I didn't mind. I just imagine some of the guys who booked male dorms did so for a reason, and to have a coed dorm attached could be weird. Also it's a bit less secure.

• USA, Male, 25-30
22nd Sep 2016

This was everything I needed for a stay in Portland -- very clean, relatively quiet. The bike rentals are a nice touch. When my bike got a flat on a morning ride, the staff were understanding with my late check-out. The free breakfast is great. Two minor complaints: 1.) there is a resident cat. It doesn't go into the bedrooms, but spends some time in the common areas. If you are allergic like me, get ready to sniffle. 2.) Bunk beds are creaky metal - Earplugs definitely needed for dorms

20th Sep 2016
7.1

Way too many people downstairs. People constantly coming and going up/down the stairs or the one bathroom who's door banged shut every time

We apologize if you had trouble sleeping in the dorms downstairs. We plan to separate those rooms as soon as we have the budget, hopefully early next year. In the meantime, we will be sure to investigate the bathroom door. Thank you for the feedback. -Hostel Staff