8.2
Fabulous 297 Total Reviews
8.2
Fabulous 297 Total Reviews
HI Portland Hawthorne Located at 3031 SE Hawthorne Blvd., Oregon, Portland.
USA
Portland Connecticut 97214 3031 SE Hawthorne Blvd., Oregon
82% 297
45.5120750 -122.6344160
    Rooms available

• Australia, Female, 18-24
30th Jun 2016
4.9

The hostel itself is a nice place, really tidy and well kept. Beautiful garden and bike rentals is great. Pretty average location though as there is hardly anything to do in the area. I recommend staying towards Mississippi if you want to be able to walk out of your hostel into a more lively neighbourhood. The manager was extremely unhelpful when I asked for directions, a map, and which areas are good for what. Everything was a hassle. No atmosphere and very unfriendly.

Hi and Thanks for taking a moment to leave a review. I apologize if you felt that either I or one of my staff had a short interaction with you. I don't remember dealing with you myself, but that's not excuse. We take great pride in our customer service here. It's a little surprising that you didn't care for the neighborhood either, most folks find it fun and charming. Good luck and Happy Travels. -Talbot

• Canada, Female, 25-30
26th Jun 2016

Great atmosphere, awesome people. This hostel was an original place with good vibes and the staff were very helpful and the other guests were cool and friendly as well. It's in a very cool neighbourhood with lots of interesting places to eat and things to do. I would absolutely recommend this hostel!

12th Jun 2016
4.9

Hawthorne area is not as fun as downtown was unlike the reviews of the hostel led me to believe, I found my self disappointed in this hostel the beds were very uncomfortable and the I ended up driving downtown to do things. One nice perk is free parking over night. The atmosphere is lacking and the showers looked dirty. We only stayed one night then an airbnb the other, which was cheaper and nicer experience.

Thanks for leaving a comment. We're sorry you did not find our neighborhood to be fun. Downtown and the Southeast definitely have different vibes and offerings, and depending on the night, things can be mellow or lively. We are working to offer more tours, but because we are small hostel, it's difficult to wrangle up a group all the time. We try to keep the hostel very clean at all times, but it is an old house, which can sometimes appear dirty when it's actually not. Thanks again for your feedback and we hope you enjoyed your time in Portland and beyond.

• England, Female, 18-24
1st May 2016
6.6

It is in a great location, Hawthorne is way more fun than downtown. The size of the dorms are really big and the beds comfy. However, there are only two showers in the hostel and three toilets so there were always queues in the morning. It felt less like a hostel and more like an old distant relatives home. Clean but shabby.

Hello, We appreciate you taking the time to leave a review. What room were you staying in? FYI-The men's room has two showers and there are 3 more toilets upstairs and two more showers. Sorry, perhaps you didn't know that? Take care and Happy Travels, Talbot HI-Portland Hawthorne Hostel Manager

• New Zealand, Female, 25-30
27th Apr 2016

This hostel is in a great location. There is a lot to enjoy in the Hawthorne area. All staff and other guest that I met were very nice.

• USA, Female, 18-24
24th Mar 2016

Felt safe, comfortable, and everyone was friendly.

• USA, Female, 31-40
3rd Mar 2016

Well equips for a good night's stay

• Denmark, Female, 18-24
17th Feb 2016

This hostel is great if you enjoy nature, peace and beautiful hikes. There's no signal on your phone so you won't be disturbed by social media and you can actually focus on reading your book or whatever you want. Everyone is really laid back and the staff helped me finding he perfect hikes in the area. I would definitely stay again!

4th Feb 2016
6.9

This hostel is located perfectly. However the dorms in the basement are not really separated and the male dorms and the 6 bed coed dorm feels like one big room which I think would be a more appropriate way to sell it, as it is only separated by a very thin door, plus the fact that you have to walk through the other dorms to get to the bathroom.

Thanks for taking the time to write up a review. I completely understand your point regarding the basement . We are aware of that issue and are working on putting a divider wall in the upcoming year. Hopefully you'll keep that in mind in the future. Happy travels, Talbot

• sentafue8475
  • Germany, Female, 31-40
1st Feb 2016

Great Staff. Had a great time!!