HI - Portland - Northwest Reviews

425 NW 18th Avenue, Oregon, Portland, USA

Great value- this hostel was clean and had good amenities for the price. I would consider staying again if visiting Portland.

We had an amazing stay at HI - Portland. The building is really beautiful, close from very nice areas of the city (Pearl District, Streets 21 and 23), very safe, the staff is very friendly, and the facilities are great. This is one of the best hostels I've been to and I highly recommend it!

• 11th Nov 2014

overall pleasent and well run. staff helpful and friendly. breakfast simple, wholesome. excellent bread and coffee . will stay again , but probably in private room . im getting to old for a dorm bed

• 6th Nov 2014

Great location, friendly staff. Squeaky beds and awkward room layouts sometimes made it inconvenient in a full room. Overall though, great hostel in a great spot in a great city.

• 23rd Oct 2014

A wonderful, friendly hostel. Just like staying in your favourite Aunt's house! Wish I could have stayed longer.

My bed has bed bugs. The hostel changes the bottom sheets on particular days-so my bottom sheep pre-slept! It's really disappointing- good spot, nice staff- but beg bugs!

this is a lovely hostel situated in a very cool part of town also within walking distance of most of the main sights and attractions. there was a lot of in for on things to do and social activities planned for all the days which made it easy to meet people.

Clean, friendly staff, good sized lockers, and decent wi-fi. Walkable to public transport and close to some decent breweries. Only downside when I was there were beds were a bit squeaky, and the atmosphere wasn't too lively

Some buildings had separate showers and toilets; others were combined (less ideal). Clean, well-maintained heritage building with great facilities and helpful, friendly staff. Walking distance to Pearl District and great coffee shops and bars in Nob Hill area. Highly recommended.

My only concern is that the bottom sheets are not cleaned. My mattress was uncomfortable (coil type) and I changed it with another bunk which was a foam type. Made a huge difference in my sleeping comfort. Other than that, this was a great stay. I will definitely come back next year for the marathon!

Convienent to Gardens and downtown. Efficient staff and friendly atmoosphere. Great breads!

they don't have a hairdryer in a bathroom. i wish they offered a bath towel too :(

• 22nd Sep 2014
  • Japan

The room was pretty tired and beds made a lot of noise...the common areas were not very sociable. We also went on one of the social events which was disappointing (no atmosphere created by the leader). Could have done with separate toilets and showers, as there was a bit of queuing in the morning! The location was nice, walkable to most areas you'd want to visit (and felt safe unlike some areas of Portland) and while the parking lot was small, I always managed to get a space.

Large clean hostel located in a good part of Portland for exploring on foot or by public transit. Dorm rooms are spacious and some offer en-suite bathrooms. The bearclaw tubs are nice to look at but kind of difficult to take a shower in because the curtains go all the way around the tub and tend to flail inward when the water is on. That's a little ew since nobody wants a wet shower curtain touching them during their shower. Breakfast was simple but adequate. Great cafe across the street.

I had a fantastic time staying in this hostel it has a very welcoming feel to it. The staff are incredibly friendly and helpful, as soon as I arrived I was shown loads of things to see and do on a map and even got personally shown to my dorm room! I stayed in an 8-bed mixed dorm and meeting people was very easy. Each building has it's own communal area and there are also places to sit and chill outside. You're only a 10-15min walk from city center. Just a shame there was only 1 washing machine.

This is a fantastic hostel! Friendly and easy to meet people but quiet enough to rest. Really clean with nice bathroom options. A simple but tasty breakfast. Nice area walking distance to some good streets and not a long walk to downtown. Nice staff and lockers were available. Loved staying here!

Standard hostel. HI is known for good hostels. The only things I was disappointed in were: 1- No breakfast, only toast and coffee. 2- From what I saw there was only 1 bathroom for girls on the floor with only 2 stalls and 2 showers. I didn't have an issue because I showered at night, but I could this causing a big problem.

Staff friendly ! Clean hostel

• 25th Aug 2014

Very cute hostel at a good location. We could easily wallk to the city center from the hostel and there are cafes, bakeries are just around the corner. The staff was nice and the breakfast was free with frsh pastries, bagels and rolls from a local bakery. The hostel also has a cute little backyard to sit in.

Atmosphere was poor, large rooms smelled kind of bad.

« first « Prev 1 2 3