HI Portland - Northwest

20th Apr 2017

Great new Building!

• Canada, Female, 25-30
13th Apr 2017

Four of us stayed 3 nights in a private room and had a great time! The hostel was really clean, the facilities were great and the free bagels in the morning were amazing! I loved the location, it was close to so many things. I would definitely stay again or recommend to friends.

• Australia, Male, 31-40
12th Apr 2017
6.3

This hostel has its plus sides and down sides. With the Trump administration in power i have noticed that the American people are finding it harder to find affordable accommodation and steady work. The number of US travellers at the hostel has double since i first stay here 9 years ago. The problem was in my shared room i had incidents with 2 American travelers above me in the bunk beds. Making noise at all hours of the night and early morning. Maybe the hostel needs rooms for long stay travlers

• fernandoarivera
  • USA, Male, 41+
10th Apr 2017

My first hostel experience. While the building is new and it has only been operating for a little over a month, I was impressed with the overall service. I stayed for a week and it was a pleasantly surprising great experience and not at all what I would've guessed it would be like had I any expectations, which I didn't so it was wonderful experience aside from a couple of the interesting humans one runs into when sharing sleeping quarters with strangers.

• USA, Female, 41+
10th Apr 2017

Outstanding staff and cleanliness! Not sure about all of the 2-bunk rooms but the one I was assigned felt cramped and lacked air exchange.

6th Apr 2017

I stayed one night at the old building and requested a move to the new one. The old building was very noisy (no soundproofing) and the bunk beds are very squeky and shaky so it was hard to sleep in there. It's a lot better in the new building: the bunk beds are steadier and it was quiet. Much like a hotel with ensuite bathroom but of course with 5 other people in the spacious room. Lockers are large and there's a hostel cafe with burgers etc until 10 PM. Good location.

• Canada, All Female Group, 18-24
6th Apr 2017

Best hostel I have ever been to! :)

5th Apr 2017

Absolutely loved my stay here. It was in the perfection location, tucked away on a quiet street but close enough to downtown Pearl District. The room was very new, spotless, and the bed a pretty decent size. I have 0 complaints. Would recommend this place ten fold!

• USA, Female, 18-24
5th Apr 2017
8.0

I had an overall great stay. I'd never stayed in a hostel before, so it was a good first impression. Really loved that I could park near by and be able to walk everywhere because of how close it was to everything! Definitely bring earplugs tho...

• USA, Female, 25-30
4th Apr 2017

This is one of the more expensive hostels that I've stayed in, but that's because it is very well taken care of facility with very helpful staff. I would definitely stay here again. I felt very comfortable here while traveling solo as a female.