HI - Portland - Northwest Reviews

425 NW 18th Avenue, Oregon, Portland, USA

Excellent starting off point to explore Portland. Facilities were amenable and the staff were very friendly and welcoming.

The room is nice and clean. People here are friendly and cool. The location is near the Trimet. It is very convenient to go everywhere. The price is cheaper. I really love this place. If one day I come to Portland, I will choose the hotel to stay.

• 14th Jul 2015
  • Taiwan

Good hostel. Well located. Lot of information and activities. Free towel and breakfast with coffee and toast with jam.

Cool location between Nob Hill and the Pearl District

I love this location. A supermarket is near to the hostel n football stadium is near too. Next time, I wanna watch football in the stadium.

Staff weren't that helpful. Hostel could be better located.

located in quiet residential area at nob hill, many resturants nearby, walking distant to downtown area,

Only there for one night, but staff member told me of some local things to do on a Sunday. We went to a cabaret show, amazing, lots of fridges to store food, can only cook on main floor but good utilities. They have a place outside to drink n smoke, easy to talk to ppl there.

Will stay again

Would be nice to have better ventilation in the bedrooms during hot nights.

• 6th Jun 2015

Pillows were 1 inch thick. I will bring an inflatable next time. There were no towels left so I had to use a bath mat. I will bring a towel next time Staff was friendly and helpful to younger people; me, not so much . I guess I am too old to be using a hostel, but this was an prearranged trip.

• 6th Jun 2015

Friendly Staff, good location in the Pearl District.

The Portland Hi Hostel is very nice I will be staying there again in the future the staff is very helpful but not so hands on to be guard like., the occupants were nice and experienced in Hosteling the system works very well. Cheers see you there!

The staff were great - they took time to introduce me to the city and explain where were the best places to go for what I was looking for. The bunk beds in the 8 person co-ed dorm I was staying in were rickety, but besides that the place was great. The best part of the hostel: LOCATION. So many great eateries within walking distance, the Mission theater just 1.5 blocks away, and the residential Alphabet District feels so safe I ran alone at dusk without feeling insecure.

• 26th May 2015

The staff members were just wonderful. I couldn't have asked for a more welcoming or informative experience. My only minor complaint was that the communal women's bathroom was down for half a day which created a bit of a bottleneck at the other bathrooms but I understand that this was not necessarily within the control of the hostel!

Had a minor issue with someone who shouldn't have been allowed in, but it was handled in a very calm & professional manner.

• 24th May 2015

Very dated in comparison to may of the other HI hostels i've stayed @ in US. The plugs in common area were so old they wouldn't take a mac plug! Beds very unstable wood, no shelving for water or phone if on top bunk. no surrounding bars. Location was good and staff were pleasant, but the hostel lacked the spark that other HI hostels have had in America. After previously staying in the Banfield motel listed on here, i'd say pay the extra few dollars and stay there. Just being honest :/ sorry!

I really enjoyed my stay there. i was lucky to get the big bed in the shared dorm with quiet sleepers. If youre traveling alone i would highly recommend staying here. Met great people, easy to get to from the airport, close to good restaurants and bars. nice outdoor seating area--would meet up with other people there and go out at night after touring the city during the day/

• 6th May 2015

I thoroughly enjoyed me stay at the hostel. Everyone of the staff was very helpful, no matter what the question.

• 5th May 2015

Like what the other reviews said, this hostel was conveniently located! It was walking distance to downtown and to bars as well, if you're looking for something to do at night. Overall a wonderful place!

« first « Prev 1 2 3