HI - Portland - Northwest Reviews

425 NW 18th Avenue, Oregon, Portland, USA

Awesome location if you want to see NW 23st (shopping!) and want to be within walking distance to the Japanese Gardens and the Waterfront. I also heard there was bus and train stations a few blocks down...beautiful building!

The price showed in hostel world was not the same I was charged, it should be the same. The breakfast could have something more than bread. The house is beautiful and the neighborhood is amazing, especially to walk.

Nothing really special really; if you need a place to sleep it fills that criteria.

REALLY friendly staff, has a house feel over a hostel feel. REALLY good continental breakfast!

The staff were extremely helpful, single room was great & loved the breakfast!

• 16th Jun 2014

Great place to stay! I loved the staff and the location was perfect could walk everywhere. While there they had a great night of open mic and live music! Just fab..... however the shower was a bit small and the curtain was always touching you whilst showering! Very minimal thing considering the rest of my great stay!

Awesome staff and atmosphere!!!!

• 13th Jun 2014

Overall a great hostel, location is good. some great local bars with cheap drink and food deals. hostel facilities were great, everything you would need with friendly and helpful staff. i even received a room upgrade after some confusion over our booking, would definitely recommend this hostel if you plan on visiting portland.

Good atmosphere, helpful staff and clean facilities, but not a great common area to encourage meeting other people.

This hostel was one of the best I went to! It was clean, well located and really helpful in terms of information about what is there to do.

Thanks for everything. The staff was friendly and I had a better time than expected!

• 1st Jun 2014

Overall a great facility

• 30th May 2014

Overall, it was a nice hostel. The room I stayed in, though, had very creaky beds. Also, the mattresses were uncomfortable. All of my 3 friends and I had sore backs after our first night there, and it continued after our second night. While everything else is in order, the beds were horrible!

Quite a nice hostel, the atmosphere isn't the best there are lots of older people .

Great hostel to check out in Portland, there was a family or two there in addition to the regular hostel goers you see, was a nice quiet and accommodating atmosphere for everyone. The social activities and environment felt non existent, but plenty of good recommendations for spending sometime in Portland.

Top-notch hostel. Friendly staff, welcoming environment and great outdoor patios. Great activities run by the hostel as well!

• 22nd May 2014

Nice building, garden, kitchen, good place, nice quarter, cool, 10 min walk downtown. Strange service. They don't change bed sheet, so you'll sleep on sheet after other people. Woman part of staff is quite unfriendly and sometimes very rude.

This hostel was one of the nicest I have ever stayed at. The rooms were very comfortable and had big lockers to store plenty. The location is brilliant, literally a few blocks from the nightlife/dining/shopping areas of Portland. The staff were so friendly and helpful with anything you asked them. They were also personally helpful to me when i had to make a lot of phone calls back home due to an emergency during my stay. I would recommend this place to anyone looking for great value in Portland!

Great value for money! Fairly quiet but i enjoyed that part. The facilities are great and there's lots of space in the rooms and in the common areas.

• 19th May 2014

I loved this hostel. To be honest, one of the besy I've stayed. The building is adorable, the staff is really great and helpful. The yard was my favorite part. My only "problem" was the lack of outlets. In the room I sayed, there was no outlet close to my bed (top bed).