HI - Portland - Northwest Reviews

425 NW 18th Avenue, Oregon, Portland, USA

I very much enjoyed my first experience in a hostel, and would recommend this particular one to anybody in the area. The staff is incredibly helpful and knowledgeable about the area, and the facility and organization is great.

• 13th Apr 2014

No nightlight or contact to charge your phone by the beds. The breakfast rather poor, day old bread from the bakery. No good living room to hang out in. Great location and good price, which all inn all is the most important thing.

Overall, this hostel was a good value and perfectly fine. My only issue was that the bedding was pretty old so even though it was clean, it felt kind of grimy. Also, with the bathrooms, even though they had been cleaned, they also felt kind of gross just because they were older. For example, there were old towels rather than paper towels and the shower was in a clawfoot tub which had a curtain going all the way around so if you took a shower you couldn't really avoid touching it.

The staff here are great, not only are they super friendly but super knowledgeable. The beds are nice and comfy, the room that we stayed in was quite spacious (4 dorm), everything here feels and looks clean. Also the location is in a nice area, walking distance to pretty much any district. Towels are free to borrow and so are locks!

I stayed there for only one night. Good hostel. Friendly staff and atmosphere. I had a good time.

I highly recommend this hostle for travelers seeking a clean and quiet place to stay in the beautiful city of Portland.

The staff was so helpful except for the woman who dresses in all black and works in the evening. I don't think she enjoys working with customers.

• 25th Mar 2014

Truly enjoyed my stay. Was amazed at all of the things supplied for my friend and I. Also loved the fact that the hostel was just a short walk from most of downtown portland and PSU.

• 24th Mar 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Nice atmosphere hostel,can cook,free bread in morning,good location too,staff is very helpful

Not bad but I wasn't completely happy with my stay there. It doesn't seem to be very clean, but staff are ok.

• 20th Mar 2014