HI - Portland - Northwest Reviews

425 NW 18th Avenue, Oregon, Portland, USA

The wifi is so terrible its not even funny. I was literally under the router in the kitchen and was still barely able to load any apps or webpages. This hostel must get the granny internet speed for $5 a month and then expect 50 people a night to share that connection. A joke. Also the breakfast is a joke. The laundry was broken and you have to go to another building.

• 2nd May 2014

I liked the hostel, but when I booked with Hostelworld, it did not say that there would be a foreign transaction fee! I booked using a Visa card, and the amount showed in US$. I only discovered the fee when I got my Visa statement.

These guys are great!! Super friendly staff!! Very chill and nice hostel. Clean and relaxing. I love their secret garden. If you go there in spring, it's amazing.

AMAZING place with lots of interesting people ! Only place you choose staying in a girls dorm where all girls are travelling alone, inspiring ! Its all about Portland and its people.

This hostel reflects the incredible atmosphere of Portland. You definitely should go there if you want to enjoy the feeling of the city and meet the craziest people. Highly recommended.

I stayed in booth HI hostels in Portland, and I preferred the Hawthorne location. This one seems like it might be better located, but I found it a little more awkwardly placed in the transportation system. It's in a cool old building, so of course the dorms are small and the bathrooms old fashioned. There are several buildings that make up this hostel, which was low-key annoying and definitely broke up the atmosphere to have to switch between buildings. Fantastic kitchens, pleasant lobbies.

Was a very quick stay but seemed like a very clean place with lots of facilities. The location is perfect as it is not too far from the Pearl District (within walking distance) and a 15 minute walk from the nearest metro station. Good value for your money. Friendly staff.

1 2 3 4 Next » last »