HI-Quebec- Auberge Internationale de Québec Reviews

19, Rue Ste-Ursule, Quebec, Canada

The location is great! So convenient to the old city. The hostel in general was good and welcoming. However, my room was a little chilly. Also, only one bathroom on the floor was in order, which was rather inconvenient.

Everything was amazing. The only negative thing I have about this place is the beds. I stayed here 2 nighs, and always woke up really sore. This is coming from someone that travels literally 24/7 for work, although not always in hostels :)

Great location and staff!! But it was so cold and i couldn't use hot water well. It was great except it.

• 6th Dec 2014
  • South Korea

- One of the showers was spraying everywhere. - stairwell smelt pretty weird/bad

Staff was cool and bathrooms very clean. Beds are narrow and blankets not large enough. If the temperature is too hot or cold you can get the staff adjust it. Nice feeling of being back to school.

Me gusto mucho, ampliamente recomendable :).

Admittedly I was here mid week.. so I'm hoping the atmosphere of the hostel picks up on the weekend. The hostel itself was fine. Tiniest bed I've ever been in, but rooms were spacious and clean. Bar area wasn't great and didn't lend itself to meeting a lot of people. Common areas were clean and there is a nice large kitchen. Just wish the atmosphere was better!

Great time very friendly helpful staff

• 7th Nov 2014
  • Mixed Group, 41+

Everything good. obs: thicker blankets would be nicer

A very bad experience. The heater was not turned on at the first night so it was too cold for us to fall asleep. We requested to turn on the heater the next morning, but the temperature was so high that we had to request to lower it. And the room became extremely cold AGAIN! It seemed that the heater can either be on or off and the hostel just could not keep the room temperature at an appropriate level. The staff was not very nice either. But I guess maybe that is what hostel is like.

• 1st Nov 2014
  • China

Everything was great about this hostel. Highly recommended!

• 31st Oct 2014

A bit expensive, but very good, a lot of activities are organise to help to meet other travelers !! Very good located

Had a really good time at the hostel. Breakfast didn't seem worth it though - there are places close by that give a little more than a piece of toast for $5...

I thought this hostel was great. I was in QC for a conference and didn't want to pay the outrageous hotel prices, so I stayed for 5 days for the price of half a night at a hotel. The other travelers were friendly and more talkative than in any other hostel I have been at, which could have been an offset of the room layouts. The only issue I would have would be the squeakiness of my bed. I felt bed turning over at night because I felt like I woke everyone up. Besides this, it was a great hostel!

I was not given a parking pass, paid full price even though at check-in I explained that I needed to park and he gave me detailed directions to the lot. And after the fact, when I pointed this out to the clerk, there was no attempt to refund the situation. I needed something out of a bathroom that had been locked as it was out of order, and no one could help me with this from 8:30 pm until morning. Student group was making extreme noise at 10:30 p, desk clerk said they could be loud til 11pm?

The Hostel is located in the best area.. so it was perfect!

Basically the hostel is ok but far too big for you to have a chance to meet anyone. It's one of those "travelers factory" that i find far too impersonal for you to fully enjoy your stay.

Although we booked two (twin) beds&our booking confirmation stated that we had booked two separate beds, we ended up with one double bed when we checked in & told there were no more twin rooms left. The room could be cleaner. We found hair on the bed under the duvet and the floor was dusty there was rubbish and chewing gum on the floor under the bed. We had bug bites on our bodies after the 1st night. The bathrooms were clean though and staff were friendly & helpful and the facilities are great.

A very nice hostel with friendly staff, the younger girl who was working in the bar/reception was so nice. The location requires a car, but once you have that you are good to go. You have access to the canoeing boats which is great in sunset.

Great location but general big-institution feel. Good for a place to stay but not the same social vibe that smaller hostels often have.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4