HI-Quebec- Auberge Internationale de Québec Reviews

19, Rue Ste-Ursule, Quebec, Canada

Room is spacious, clean with small lockers. Bed is good with a private light at the head of each bed. Location is perfect in old town and not far from the train station. Kitchen is big with big refrigerator and big dining room. Free breakfast is great with unlimited bread, butter, jam, boiled egg, milk, cereal, apple, orange, coffee despite no meat. Washroom is clean and spacious.

This is my first time to try hostel, but eyerything was way better than I expected. I wanna stay this hostel again! Somehow I could not use wi-fi in my room, but for it perfect.

• 25th Jun 2015
  • Japan

Met some fantastic travelers and some fantastic staff. They really did a great job of fostering a community, which is what I love about staying in hostels. Granted, they could use more plugs in the room and generally people don't like staying in rooms where there are several generation gaps between you and the old man below you, but sometimes it just can't be helped. I would recommend Quebec and HI to anyone! The pub crawl was fantastic!

The staff was very helpful. We had a rental car and he advised us of a spot right out front the hostel for free. There wasn't much of an atmosphere when we were there.... But the cooking facilities were good.... Something I always look for!

• 14th Jun 2015

Stayed in a a private room with bath, both of which were immaculate and well supplied. Front desk staff were gracious. Breakfast was simple but adequate, although it would be nice if this were also available to those not staying in a private room. As hostels go, it was expensive (I paid over $100/night) -- there was no private room/private bath combination, so I ended up booking the two-person private room.

• 13th Jun 2015

Unbeatable location, friendly staff, and great facilities. They offer a free walking tour of Old Quebec. I enjoyed my stay here.

I am from China, The Quebec City is so beautiful and The people are so lovely. I am also very enjoy stay in your hostel.Thanks for your kindness.

• 8th Jun 2015
  • China

A nice hostel in a great part of Quebec City - walking distance to everything. For such a big hostel it didnt have much atmosphere, but still a nice place to chill and relax.

WiFi sucks and the atmosphere isn't what I'm used to at a hostel. Everything is very clean, but showers are really small. Beds are fine. Breakfast is very simple. For the summer a good point: they have airconditioning. Location is great.

Awesome Hostel in the Heart of Quebec City! The Dorm-Rooms are spacious and clean. So are the washrooms. I haven't used the kitchen facilities but they looked decent as well. WI-Fi worked flawless and fast. Everthing is just very clean and tidy. The staff I encountered was extremly friendly and helpful and was speaking english pretty well. The only slightly annoying fact were the high parking fees for my stay there, since the hostel has no private parking lots and can just offer a 17$/24h-Deal.

• 1st Jun 2015

I feel HI hostels receive inflated review scores only because atmosphere and staff are what I believe to be MOST important when it comes to a hostel (not a hotel), but are scaled down to other attributes that they do well. The main seller for me was definitely its location.

The hostel is centrally located in the old city, convenient to walk to all the major sites! The hostel also has lots of great facilities like a huge kitchen, library, tv room, and bar which is fantastic! Maybe it was just the time of year that I visited, but there were very few people staying at the hostel, and lots of school groups too. The only downside was that one morning the bathrooms were really dirty and gross!

great value, good breakfast, helpful staff and courteous,. Only suggestion that they enforce the quite between 10 and 7. brilliantly organised

The hostel was well located and clean. Staff were nice enough, although we didn't interact with them much. The problem was the mattress on the bed in our private room. It was a godforsaken rock. I have stayed in many hostels, and only the cheapest have mattresses of this quality. My hips ached for days. Had I known this beforehand, I would have paid for a hotel, which as I found out later, wouldn't have cost that much more than a private room at this hostel, actually. Will not be back.

• 9th May 2015

Great location in old Quebec City. Very big hostel with a ton of rooms. Enjoyed my weekend stay there!

• 2nd May 2015

Great hostel! Everything was perfect! I highly recommend this hostel.

Great location. Stayed in a private room with a bunkbed. Washrooms were clean. Great breakfast included with private room.

Very clean! Thank you!

• 24th Apr 2015

The hostel is in a good location and the staff are great, really friendly and helpful. The hostel is clean and tidy with free wifi (bonus!). I didn't find it the best hostel to meet people/socialise in but maybe it's the time of year as it seemed very quiet.

perfect location, very friendly staff with a lot of advice, the best location to discover Quebec