HI-Quebec- Auberge Internationale de Québec Reviews

19, Rue Ste-Ursule, Quebec, Canada

Bathrooms were very unclean. The hostel was definitely more expensive than it should be for what you get.

• 4th Jan 2016

We checked in early in the morning and the room was freezing (-30 celcius outside) and it is not until the next day around dinner time that they turned on the heat for us when we asked them to!!! How do you let guests sleep with the thinest blanket I have ever seen in a room with no heat when it is that cold outside... Would it be so hard to turn it on when we check-in?? Everything else was great but not impressed with the heat situation.

the blankets are too thin in this weather. maybe provide thicker ones or turn the heat higher

• 30th Dec 2015
  • China

The location was perfect and was easy to get anywhere we wanted to go. We went on a pub crawl organized by the staff and had a ton of fun doing so. The staff member leading the crawl was very knowledgeable and very fun. Our private room was clean and nice but was a bunk bed (though the bottom bed was a full-size bed which was fine). It was just unexpected to have that additional bed in there. Overall we had a great time!

The location could not be more perfect. Right in the heart of Old Quebec, it is inside the wall & a short walk to Rue St Jean with many restaurants and bars. There are multiple showers & bathrooms and all I entered were clean. I enjoyed my stay here and would stay again if I re-visited. I do not like the fact that they do not allow you to bring in your own alcohol - they seem to want to get the business from the downstairs bar inside the hostel.

The location and price are excellent. Some of the front desk staff were a little grumpy and short with their answers and explanations, but perhaps this was due to language, as I don't speak French and English is a second language for mostly everyone in Quebec. The facilities were fine; pretty standard for a hostel. All things considered, I'd stay here again.

• 23rd Dec 2015

Very clean, very traveller friendly and the atmosphere feels so welcoming. Convenient. Located within walking distance of a lot of attractions in Quebec City. Also provides activities such as tours and gatherings. Sooo satisfied with the place.

• 19th Dec 2015
  • Malaysia

good hostel, i would recommend. nothing particularly special about it but i liked it.

The location was perfect, and the staff was quite friendly. As it is a quite big hostel, there are lots of people. But I couldn't feel that before I went to the dining hall. You should remind that wifi is free, but using internet with computer is not free.

I don't want anything because here has good everything already!!

Very nice, clean and great location! However there is not much life. The hostel is very big and it gives you the feeling nobody else is there

The staff was very friendly and the atmosphere was very clean

Overall a good hostel, quite big but clean and nice bathrooms. Breakfast isn't included and costs $5 which is my only complaint! Bit quiet when I was there but in an excellent location.

Fantastic pub crawl. Also the woman at the front desk gave us fantastic food recommendations.

Exceptionally clean and well run

• 20th Nov 2015

I had an amazing time in quebec, the hostel is right in the middle of everything, shops, my favorite bakery, bars, and historical sights. I loved it and Id give this hostel a 100

• 13th Nov 2015
  • American Samoa

Safe stay in old Québec. Very old fashioned HI hostel, but good value for money, anyway.

May be all night common area or bar would have been good.

• 28th Oct 2015
  • India

Big hostel, extremely well maintained, managed & thought out. Good facilities

It was aweosme being at Hi Quebec, So safe and secured. We enjoyed alot there. Best place to go where you find cheap price stuff but seriously nice

« first « Prev 1 2 3