HI-Quebec- Auberge Internationale de Québec Reviews

19, Rue Ste-Ursule, Quebec, Canada

The hostel is centrally located in the old city, convenient to walk to all the major sites! The hostel also has lots of great facilities like a huge kitchen, library, tv room, and bar which is fantastic! Maybe it was just the time of year that I visited, but there were very few people staying at the hostel, and lots of school groups too. The only downside was that one morning the bathrooms were really dirty and gross!

The hostel was well located and clean. Staff were nice enough, although we didn't interact with them much. The problem was the mattress on the bed in our private room. It was a godforsaken rock. I have stayed in many hostels, and only the cheapest have mattresses of this quality. My hips ached for days. Had I known this beforehand, I would have paid for a hotel, which as I found out later, wouldn't have cost that much more than a private room at this hostel, actually. Will not be back.

• 9th May 2015

Great location in old Quebec City. Very big hostel with a ton of rooms. Enjoyed my weekend stay there!

• 2nd May 2015

Great hostel! Everything was perfect! I highly recommend this hostel.

Great location. Stayed in a private room with a bunkbed. Washrooms were clean. Great breakfast included with private room.

Very clean! Thank you!

• 24th Apr 2015

The hostel is in a good location and the staff are great, really friendly and helpful. The hostel is clean and tidy with free wifi (bonus!). I didn't find it the best hostel to meet people/socialise in but maybe it's the time of year as it seemed very quiet.

perfect location, very friendly staff with a lot of advice, the best location to discover Quebec

When of the friendliest and most helpful staffs I have ever experienced.

• 12th Mar 2015

Great breakfast! Everything was clean, wifi worked perfectly. The hostel is really good located. I would prefer using a double sheet to put my blanket inside than using a single sheet, though. And my bed made noise at every movement. Overall I can totally recommend this hostel.

I had a really nice experience at this hostel. It was clean and generally quiet but a good number of people around in the common areas. The location is great, near lots of good restaurants and things to do in old quebec.

• 2nd Mar 2015

Wifi doesn't work in the rooms. Good showers.

Toilet paper is the thinnest ever! 😀

This was my first experience staying at a hostel, and I was pleasantly surprised. The HI-Quebec is reasonably priced, clean, kept at the perfect room temperature for cold Canadian winters, and wonderful, functional facilities, Staff are helpful and the HI-Quebec does a great job of providing everything you would need to enjoy your visit in the city. Best part though is it's location in the center of old Quebec. I will definitely be staying here next time I visit Quebec!

• 13th Feb 2015

The best thing about the hostel is its location, walking distance from everything in Old Quebec!

This was probably below standard for a HI venue. Everything was ok, nothing special. The beds were a little saggy but otherwise ok. No breakfast included which is unusual for a HI and the atmosphere was non existent which is strange for such a big hostel.

Lot's of families with kids staying here, not what I was used to in a hostel. Otherwise very good .

Comfortable hostel, very good breakfast and good attendance.

Hi ! Thank you for your review ! This is always great to read good review as we are working hard to made your stay as comfortable as possible. Hoping to see you again !

Hot showers, really good kitchen, helpful staff.

Hi ! Thank you for your review ! We are working hard to make people enjoyed their stay and their visit in Quebec City. Hoping to see you again !