HI-Quebec- Auberge Internationale de Québec Reviews

19, Rue Ste-Ursule, Quebec, Quebec, Canada

This hostel was in a great location and was very safe. My only issue was that there wasn't really a communal place to meet other travellers etc, and didn't seem to be any organised events, or if there were they weren't very well advertised. On the whole though, my stay was fine and if I returned I would stay there again.

It was great! The location is perfect and the room was very clean!

• 9th Apr 2014
  • Peru

there is only one washroom/bathroom for one floor, so during busy times it shouldn't be very easy! but the hostel is very at a good emplacement, the staff is nce, rooms are cleans and quite big; so i really recommend this hostel

A lovely hostel to stay at with very friendly staff and an amazing kitchen. The dorm was quite big but - and that's a big BUT - the bunk beds are too short to sleep there comfortably. My feet were always hanging out or I bumped my head into the wall. As well as you can't sit on the lower bed. It's impossible even for small people. That's a little bit annoying - please change that because then it would be the perfect place to stay.

Nice and clean and new looking hostel, right in the old part of town. Price okay, but breakfast and internet access not included. The kitchen was well equipt, lots of space in fridges to store your food, and very clean. Room I stayed in was spacious, clean and comfortable, and there were lockers, but not big enough for large bag, just your valuables and maybe a smaller day bag. Staff on front desk very friendly and helpful.

The location is perfect, right in the centre of Quebec. Staff is friendly and the hostel is clean. But there are no seperate washrooms for every room. Only shared ones for the whole floor. Especially when the hostel is packed this can lead to long waiting times for the shower.

• 29th Mar 2014
  • Switzerland

I really enjoyed my stay at Hi-Quebec, the location is great, this is comfortable, clean, and cheap. Basically, you will find everything you except to find in a good hostel! The only thing I would complain about is that there is not a lot of showers considering all the rooms, at least on the floor I was. I never had to wait a long time though, I was just thinking that it may be a problem when the place is crowded. Still I definitely recommend this hostel!

Hostel was nice. It isn't of the same quality in respect of entertainment during the day and night as that of HI-Toronto however the staff are friendly and will give you pointers of where and what to do whilst in Quebec. Really clean and great communal areas

This hostel was amazing! Thank you to all of the staff, who were exceptionally friendly and helpful. They were very knowledgeable about the city, festivities that were occurring, and transportation needed to get to the major attractions. I felt welcomed even though I did not speak French very well. Thank you for making me feel comfortable in Quebec City! I will definitely recommend this hostel to my fellow traveling friends!

The hostel's in a great central location- only about 10-15 minutes away from the train station. I had a private room because everything else was booked and it was lovely. Nice and clean. Breakfast was average but it's nice that it's offered.

This hostel was huge but dead in the winter, so it kinda had a drop-in centre like feel. The location is great and the staff was very friendly. I am sure this hostel would have a better atmosphere in the summer. We only stayed the night and did not shower as we went back to Montreal after 2 days so I can't comment on those. Breakfast was great with variety and boiled eggs! Quebec city is a fantastic place and would stay here again.

A nice Hostel right in the center. We enjoyed the stay!

Very good place to stay. The hostal is located in the most beutifuful part of the city and is close to a lot of touristics places. The staff is very friendly and helpful. I've really enjoy my stay there.

Nice hostel with lots of rooms, really clean and friendly staff. Breakfast is an additional 5 dollars per person per day but is really good and cheaper (and as good as or better) than breakfast restaurants. A bit annoying that taxes are not included at hostel world as I would like to see the final price I have to pay online and not when I arrive at the hostel.

it was more than enough quality!!! so clean and comfortable place. if i request them more, just wi-fi. they say they offer wi-fi, but it doesn't work at my room. we need to go reception or around there to use it.

Wifi didn't reach the room and the tours were lacking in information/explanation of the places visited. Free breakfast was very good and the free pub crawls were really fun, we met heaps of nice people. Maybe perhaps have a hostel game night also so ppl can get to know each other? Also introducing everyone to each other at the start of each tour would be beneficial also. All in all a very good hostel with great rooms and location.

• 7th Dec 2013

The shower room is too small!! every time i tried to turn my arms would knock the wall :( The location is pretty good though.

• 6th Dec 2013
  • China

Hostel was great - rooms were spacious, showers were hot, free breakfast was great! I also had an important work-related thing that needed to be done while staying at the hostel and the staff were very friendly and provided me with the facilities to help me out. They have free guided tours and pub crawls, which is great when you're traveling alone.

The receptionist of morning is very helpful and polite, he helped us all time that we needed. A good thing that the hostel could have is a cash machine inside of it.

• 25th Nov 2013