HI-Quebec- Auberge Internationale de Québec Reviews

19, Rue Ste-Ursule, Quebec, Canada

Great time very friendly helpful staff

• 7th Nov 2014
  • Mixed Group, 41+

Everything good. obs: thicker blankets would be nicer

A very bad experience. The heater was not turned on at the first night so it was too cold for us to fall asleep. We requested to turn on the heater the next morning, but the temperature was so high that we had to request to lower it. And the room became extremely cold AGAIN! It seemed that the heater can either be on or off and the hostel just could not keep the room temperature at an appropriate level. The staff was not very nice either. But I guess maybe that is what hostel is like.

• 1st Nov 2014
  • China

Everything was great about this hostel. Highly recommended!

• 31st Oct 2014

A bit expensive, but very good, a lot of activities are organise to help to meet other travelers !! Very good located

Had a really good time at the hostel. Breakfast didn't seem worth it though - there are places close by that give a little more than a piece of toast for $5...

I thought this hostel was great. I was in QC for a conference and didn't want to pay the outrageous hotel prices, so I stayed for 5 days for the price of half a night at a hotel. The other travelers were friendly and more talkative than in any other hostel I have been at, which could have been an offset of the room layouts. The only issue I would have would be the squeakiness of my bed. I felt bed turning over at night because I felt like I woke everyone up. Besides this, it was a great hostel!

I was not given a parking pass, paid full price even though at check-in I explained that I needed to park and he gave me detailed directions to the lot. And after the fact, when I pointed this out to the clerk, there was no attempt to refund the situation. I needed something out of a bathroom that had been locked as it was out of order, and no one could help me with this from 8:30 pm until morning. Student group was making extreme noise at 10:30 p, desk clerk said they could be loud til 11pm?

The Hostel is located in the best area.. so it was perfect!

Basically the hostel is ok but far too big for you to have a chance to meet anyone. It's one of those "travelers factory" that i find far too impersonal for you to fully enjoy your stay.

Although we booked two (twin) beds&our booking confirmation stated that we had booked two separate beds, we ended up with one double bed when we checked in & told there were no more twin rooms left. The room could be cleaner. We found hair on the bed under the duvet and the floor was dusty there was rubbish and chewing gum on the floor under the bed. We had bug bites on our bodies after the 1st night. The bathrooms were clean though and staff were friendly & helpful and the facilities are great.

A very nice hostel with friendly staff, the younger girl who was working in the bar/reception was so nice. The location requires a car, but once you have that you are good to go. You have access to the canoeing boats which is great in sunset.

Great location but general big-institution feel. Good for a place to stay but not the same social vibe that smaller hostels often have.

綺麗、ツアーに参加できる、親切

Good location. Very clean, and staff were friendly. The downside for our experience was the atmosphere. Very calm hostel, not the usual fun hostel. The "pub-crawl" didn't happen. There were only a few people at the bar, no music (this was on a 3-day weekend). You're not allowed to bring your own alcohol. Also, the sound isolation is not good. You can hear people's steps from the room above you (even the mirror on our room's wall would shake every time lol). It was alright...

I have traveled around the world but this hostel was one of the best I ever stayed. Very clean and well organized place. The breakfast which I had to pay separately less than $6 but it was absolutely worth to buy it. You can have : boiled eggs, toasted breads with spreadable cheese; -jam; -butter; -honey, apple or orange juice, coffee, tea, cereals with milk, apple, orange. The location is very good in the middle of old town. It is a great place to stay! The staff are very friendly.

Very much enjoyeed my stay, very clean!!

• 5th Oct 2014

Great location making it very easy to get around town, plenty of different areas to hang out in the hostel (all with wifi). Staff friendly and helpful with directions and working out the buses! Would recommend.

The location and breakfasts were very good. Very disappointed with the room as we booked a twin room with private bathroom but turned out to be a double bed with single bunk above. My friend and I are in our mid to late 60's and there was no way either of us could climb up top with no ladder just slats at the end. I ended up pulling the mattress onto the floor and spent 3 nights on the floor. When I saw the beds I asked if there was not a room with twin beds but was told they were all same.

• 3rd Oct 2014

The hostel is located in the Old Quebec, where you can visit most of the sight-seeing points on foot in this area. The kichen ist very big and a large freg. The only problem is that no bus connection to the airport. Although it is mentioned on the confirmation page, that the hostel can be reach by Bus Line No. 800, you cannot find the 800 at the terminal. A taxi drive is 20-30 minutes, approx. CAD 35.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4