HI-Quebec- Auberge Internationale de Québec Reviews

19, Rue Ste-Ursule, Quebec, Canada

The staff were friendly and for a large dorm there was a lot of space. Shower and toilet facilities were very good! However the car park ticket was poorly explained and we were told it would only be needed on exit. As a result we followed the instructions on entering and ended up paying twice for it.

Hostel is in an excellent location, very clean. We booked a mixed room for two of us and for some reason they put us in two separate rooms which was annoying. They refunded us some money which was appreciated but it was a little annoying to not be in the same room with the person you are on a trip with. I found the mattress to be uncomfortable in the 4 person dorm, but for a one night stay it's tolerable. Overall I think the hostel is good value for the money and you can't beat the location.

The Auberge Internationale location is a perfect for walking Old Quebec. The building is old and charming but with a need for good lighting. The lobby, with several off-lobby rooms, was spacious and comfortable. Computers that require pay-as-you-go were rarely used. I saw few people stay for the overpriced bagel breakfast. The 3 bunkbeds / 6 women in our dormitory room were crammed in a small space. Two bunkbeds would have been crowded.

• 12th Jul 2015

Had a great time! My friend and I did the pub crawl and it was fantastic. The staff was friendly and helpful. If I go back to Quebec City, this hostel will definitely be my first option. Thanks for a great experience.

• 11th Jul 2015

My stay at this place was great. Great location and good atmosphere. The stuff was so nice just lack of towels the first night but still gave me a little one... If you want to explore old Quebec this is definitely a good place to stay... I wish I could've done the activities they offer... Btw it would be awesome if the breakfast had a bit more of variety

The location of this hostel is super, breakfast is decent and staff is ok. But in my opinion a place with too many people tends to be impersonal, and Auberge Internationale de Quebec is not different. And despite of the huge size of our private room, our mattresses were horrible, they definitely have to be thrown away.

I know there are few choices of hostels in Quebec and this one is fine - but know that it is more of a cheap hotel than a hostel. Very large building with old furnishing, the bathrooms and kitchen area feel a bit like boarding school. In the rooms there is no air conditioning, power points only on bottom bunks, and the bunks are narrow and short (if you are above 5"10 ask for a bottom bunk). Fine for a school trip and probably ok if you're traveling in a group, but not great for solo travellers.

Only hostel in town, so not to much to compare with, but the rooms are spacious and clean. Great location, don't have to climb many more hills. The problem is that despite swipe cards and security cameras, our food got stolen two nights in a row (never happened in other hostels) and when I told the front desk they couldn't care less. The food was hidden away, so someone was going through everyone's stuff. The bar staff were awesome, but management need to take security more seriously.

Room is spacious, clean with small lockers. Bed is good with a private light at the head of each bed. Location is perfect in old town and not far from the train station. Kitchen is big with big refrigerator and big dining room. Free breakfast is great with unlimited bread, butter, jam, boiled egg, milk, cereal, apple, orange, coffee despite no meat. Washroom is clean and spacious.

Wonderful! Everyone was so nice and friendly. The hostel is huge in terms of how many people stay here but there are numerous opportunities to meet people with the activities hosted. Many places are walking distance from the hostel so it's very convenient. They even help find missing pajamas. Thanks again Steven!

This is my first time to try hostel, but eyerything was way better than I expected. I wanna stay this hostel again! Somehow I could not use wi-fi in my room, but for it perfect.

• 25th Jun 2015
  • Japan

Met some fantastic travelers and some fantastic staff. They really did a great job of fostering a community, which is what I love about staying in hostels. Granted, they could use more plugs in the room and generally people don't like staying in rooms where there are several generation gaps between you and the old man below you, but sometimes it just can't be helped. I would recommend Quebec and HI to anyone! The pub crawl was fantastic!

The staff was very helpful. We had a rental car and he advised us of a spot right out front the hostel for free. There wasn't much of an atmosphere when we were there.... But the cooking facilities were good.... Something I always look for!

• 14th Jun 2015

Stayed in a a private room with bath, both of which were immaculate and well supplied. Front desk staff were gracious. Breakfast was simple but adequate, although it would be nice if this were also available to those not staying in a private room. As hostels go, it was expensive (I paid over $100/night) -- there was no private room/private bath combination, so I ended up booking the two-person private room.

• 13th Jun 2015

Unbeatable location, friendly staff, and great facilities. They offer a free walking tour of Old Quebec. I enjoyed my stay here.

I am from China, The Quebec City is so beautiful and The people are so lovely. I am also very enjoy stay in your hostel.Thanks for your kindness.

• 8th Jun 2015
  • China

A nice hostel in a great part of Quebec City - walking distance to everything. For such a big hostel it didnt have much atmosphere, but still a nice place to chill and relax.

WiFi sucks and the atmosphere isn't what I'm used to at a hostel. Everything is very clean, but showers are really small. Beds are fine. Breakfast is very simple. For the summer a good point: they have airconditioning. Location is great.

Awesome Hostel in the Heart of Quebec City! The Dorm-Rooms are spacious and clean. So are the washrooms. I haven't used the kitchen facilities but they looked decent as well. WI-Fi worked flawless and fast. Everthing is just very clean and tidy. The staff I encountered was extremly friendly and helpful and was speaking english pretty well. The only slightly annoying fact were the high parking fees for my stay there, since the hostel has no private parking lots and can just offer a 17$/24h-Deal.

• 1st Jun 2015

I feel HI hostels receive inflated review scores only because atmosphere and staff are what I believe to be MOST important when it comes to a hostel (not a hotel), but are scaled down to other attributes that they do well. The main seller for me was definitely its location.