HI-Quebec- Auberge Internationale de Québec Reviews

19, Rue Ste-Ursule, Quebec, Canada

Location is in old Quebec and good for sightseeing. Bed sheets was very clean, and female room with 8 bed was large. Shower room was normal and not so many. It's OK since a few people stayed there at my stay but you will be in long line if a lot of people stay.....lol. They have good and helpful system to share taxi to the airport.

The windows in the bathroom were always left open and it was really cold there at night, but the beds were big and comfortable. There were comfortable chairs in the room too. The breakfast was pretty good with toast, eggs, muffins and more.

Very clean and friendly hostel situated walking distance from all attractions. The buffet breakfast was excellent and the hostel organises activities for guests should they wish to participate. I would return here.

• 16th May 2014
  • Scotland

Super friendly, super helpful. A Only suggestionis that blankets could be a little thicker. great place to stay!

Good experience, safe and clean place to stay in Québec. Just one remark about two things : the breakfast is not enough various and the free guided tour is not enough rich in terms of informations. But globally it is a good hostel.

Had a great time! I was impressed on the cleanliness of the whole place, specially the bathrooms. The staff was also really helpful. I highly reccomend this hostel!

All was great in this hostel, we had all we needed. It was confortable and clean, and the breakfast is more than complete. The atmosphere is good and it is perfectly situated. I highly recommend

The location and staff was the best things about this hostel! It's centrally located in the old part of town, and the staff went out of their way to assist us and to help us have a great time! Highly recommend this hostel.

• 4th May 2014

Superb location! Friendly staff even thou I would have hoped more activities.. but otherwise me and my friend had a great stay. No complaints whatsoever.

• 18th Apr 2014
  • Finland

The rooms are a good size (beds are tiny), the showers hot and the bathrooms relatively clean. Friendly and helpful staff (Rafi the fantastic pub crawl guide). Kitchen has everything you need, though can get crowded (lots of school kids!). Perfect location, MARIO CART and table tennis! Can HI please invest in some new swipe cards? They deactivate whenever they come within five metres of a phone or credit card which can be a little frustrating. Otherwise a good place to stay.

Staff was friendly and helpful.

• 12th Apr 2014
  • Singapore

This hostel was in a great location and was very safe. My only issue was that there wasn't really a communal place to meet other travellers etc, and didn't seem to be any organised events, or if there were they weren't very well advertised. On the whole though, my stay was fine and if I returned I would stay there again.

It was great! The location is perfect and the room was very clean!

• 9th Apr 2014
  • Peru

there is only one washroom/bathroom for one floor, so during busy times it shouldn't be very easy! but the hostel is very at a good emplacement, the staff is nce, rooms are cleans and quite big; so i really recommend this hostel

A lovely hostel to stay at with very friendly staff and an amazing kitchen. The dorm was quite big but - and that's a big BUT - the bunk beds are too short to sleep there comfortably. My feet were always hanging out or I bumped my head into the wall. As well as you can't sit on the lower bed. It's impossible even for small people. That's a little bit annoying - please change that because then it would be the perfect place to stay.

Nice and clean and new looking hostel, right in the old part of town. Price okay, but breakfast and internet access not included. The kitchen was well equipt, lots of space in fridges to store your food, and very clean. Room I stayed in was spacious, clean and comfortable, and there were lockers, but not big enough for large bag, just your valuables and maybe a smaller day bag. Staff on front desk very friendly and helpful.

The location is perfect, right in the centre of Quebec. Staff is friendly and the hostel is clean. But there are no seperate washrooms for every room. Only shared ones for the whole floor. Especially when the hostel is packed this can lead to long waiting times for the shower.

• 29th Mar 2014
  • Switzerland

I really enjoyed my stay at Hi-Quebec, the location is great, this is comfortable, clean, and cheap. Basically, you will find everything you except to find in a good hostel! The only thing I would complain about is that there is not a lot of showers considering all the rooms, at least on the floor I was. I never had to wait a long time though, I was just thinking that it may be a problem when the place is crowded. Still I definitely recommend this hostel!

Hostel was nice. It isn't of the same quality in respect of entertainment during the day and night as that of HI-Toronto however the staff are friendly and will give you pointers of where and what to do whilst in Quebec. Really clean and great communal areas

This hostel was amazing! Thank you to all of the staff, who were exceptionally friendly and helpful. They were very knowledgeable about the city, festivities that were occurring, and transportation needed to get to the major attractions. I felt welcomed even though I did not speak French very well. Thank you for making me feel comfortable in Quebec City! I will definitely recommend this hostel to my fellow traveling friends!