HI-Quebec- Auberge Internationale de Québec Reviews

19, Rue Ste-Ursule, Quebec, Canada

I enjoyed my stay at this hostel in Quebec so much I extended my stay. The staff are great and really easy to get along with. They offer activities every day that are great to do around old Quebec. The location is great just down the road from all the reaturants. The facilities are Also very clean. I met a lot of friends at this hostel and would happily go again.

Very good location in the city center: you can reach it from the railway station but the path is uphill (so quite hard if you have baggages) and this is not explained in their internet site. They propose a lot of activities (from visiting the city to pub crawl etc...) : Mr Luigi of the staff is worthy of a special mention. Breakfast not included but available. Problems: the lockers in the dorms are a bit little and there is no lift and there are few places to recharge mobile phones.

No AC caused the rooms to be a little too warm for my particular comfort.

• 22nd Jul 2014

It was such a wonderful experience staying at the hostel, from the moment we entered until we left. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The location was fabulous. We parked our car in the nearby garage and walked everywhere. What a huge bonus having the kitchen and wall to wall refrigerator available. We were able to prepare most of our meals there, saving money on restaurants. Of course, we also did sample the local cuisine. I will definitely stay there when I visit again next year.

• 19th Jul 2014

I'm still blown away by the location and pricing for this hostel! I stayed for the weekend and the front desk staff were very helpful and patient with my insistence to speak French. The showers are a bit small for my liking - I wish there had been something to put my toiletries down on - but I was thankful that there were always some free. Great experience for my first hostel stay!

• 18th Jul 2014

Good location. Bar is kinda dull, and it sucks that it closes so early. Also kinda sucks that there's no mixed dorm option.

I had a great stay in this hostel. Great location and the buildings is a gem. Highly recommend it!

I had a lovely stay at this hostel, it was comfortable, clean and in a great location to explore Quebec. Such a gorgeous city!!

Clean, safe, and friendly, we would definitely stay again.

• 3rd Jul 2014
  • Couple, 41+

Hi Quebec is in a great location, close to new and old parts of the city. The staff was helpful, and I has a ton of fun on the pub crawl. The only thing I would change is the decor. While I won't hold it against the hostel, they do need updated furniture and a cheery interior paint job. Overall the hostel was clean, with the exception of used paper towels on the WC floors sometimes. The staff can only clean so many times a day, and some people will always be slobs I guess. I will return!

• 3rd Jul 2014

HI-Quebec- Auberge Internationale de Quebec was a fantastic hostel to stay at! The staff were extremely friendly and the hostel location was a block from a main street for food, shops, and sites. Fantastic visit to Quebec and this hostel helped.

• 2nd Jul 2014

From what I have seen probably the best hostel in town

My stay here at the hostel was okay, one of the major problems was the lack of air con (it was extremely humid) and with construction going on outside the hostel the dilemma then is either to struggle with the noise (6am start) or suffocate with heat and leave the window shut! Staff were polite and friendly, most activities were good, it's a shame there were not more in the evening. Have to say that the best thing about the hostel was how clean it was, bathrooms and rooms etc

Its a really good place, the only problem is the fan that doesnt work well and the room was really hot.

We hadn't realised we were staying in old Quebec when we booked therefore it was a fantastic surprise. We had a private room which was great. It had everything we required and more. We would deffinately recommend this to our friends and family.

Our room was clean, spacious, with huge windows looking out to the city. A wonderful stay:)

• 23rd Jun 2014

Hostel is in a great location in the Quebec old town, the staff is very friendly and the facilities are great. The atmosphere felt more like a hotel then a backpackers hostel during my stay and breakfast is not included if you are staying in one of he larger dorm rooms.

i already told you that i couldn't go there due to my health condition, the doctor said to me i'm not allowed to take the flight for six weeks from june 4th, so i told you before , if you were possible to refund deposit, give it back to me, but you said it couldn't even though it's a medical cancellation. so what do you want me to say to you???? i didn't go there. and do i have to evaluate criteria??? i don't understand why you send an email so many after i cancel owing to valuing it??????

• 22nd Jun 2014
  • South Korea

This is a huge hostel with lots of families, couples and school kids. Breakfast was not included in the price of the 6 bed dorm i stayed in. Not enough plug sockets in the room. The room was very hot and needed to have the windows open but there was building work just outside which was very noisy from early morning. No atmosphere at the hostel and not very suited to backpackers. Location is great though.

Would return anytime! Best Hostel I have been to since jet. Especially the very clean, nice and well equipped Kitchen and Bar!!!

• 21st Jun 2014