HI-Quebec- Auberge Internationale de Québec Reviews

19, Rue Ste-Ursule, Quebec, Canada

Nice and helpefull people. The best place to be in Quebec!

As is the case in all HI-Hostels I've stayed in, the staff weren't overly friendly (though they were polite & helpful when I asked for help) & the atmosphere is lacking. This hostel is perfect for someone who is travelling with a group of people. On the plus side, the availability of organised activities is great; the kitchen is huge and VERY well equipped; the safety is phenomenal; location awesome and the hostel is SUPER clean. The wi-fi wasn't great BUT there were private spaces to Skype etc.

• 17th Oct 2015

Tiniest bunk beds, like child sized. No good for tall people like me.

This is my first experience since 40 years ago, and a very pleasant one! Its a beautiful old building in the heart of the old city with so many spaces for cooking, meeting, socializing and so on. The staff was available and informative. The only difficulty in choosing a dorm room, as might be expected, is noisy arrivals in the room late at night. But the mattress, pillow and towel were luxurious.

• 3rd Oct 2015

Very large hostel with all age groups staying!! I arrived early and they let me check in which was great! The rooms were spacious, though the beds were very small in length and width! Breakfast isn't included though can be purchased, the kitchen facilities are very good and the location of the hostel is perfect in old town and close to all the sights!

The organised tours were good but the beds were horrible!

I stayed here for three nights. It was in a good location right in old quebec, very close to the train station and downtown.About a 10-15 minute walk.It has 2 washers,dryers and costs 1.50 each.The wifi was spotty in some areas, but honestly I came to travel not to use the internet. Showers and toilets are not in the rooms. Great place to stay. Met great people there. Get out there and socialize.

Great service from staff at front desk. Truly enjoyed the unique and comfortable atmosphere of room 8-300.

Great location and friendly staff. Thanks very much.

• 19th Sep 2015

I absolutely loved my stay here! I had originally booked for one night, but ended up staying for five, and wished I could have stayed longer. The location is perfect! The staff was very friendly! I participated in the pub crawl, which was a lot of fun, but they had other activities each day that all sounded great! I really enjoyed hanging out in the bar area, and they had some comfortable lounge areas too. I met lots of fun, interesting people! Would definitely stay here again.

Overall, my experience was good at the hostel. The bed's are not the most comfortable, but clean, although other areas of the hostel didn't seem to be all that clean. The staff was mostly helpful. The bar / cafeteria downstairs was decent with access to the kitchen and cookware to cook your own meals. The breakfast is kind of a joke at $5.75CAD. You basically get orange juice, hard-boiled eggs and toast. Most other hostels provide that for free.

The rooms where massive, you had your own light and cupboard to lock up things! Staff was friendly! I only thing that bugged me was. The staff members keep coming to our room between 8.30 until 11. Then check out is at 11. so its be annoying woken up to then changing the beds at 8.30am. It would be nice, if we got some private in the mornings and wait until 11am when everyone needs to checked out has. other than that is was great.

Maybe a bit more expensive than it should be compared to other good hostels in the city.

I stayed here as part of my 7-month world trip! The location was amazing, right in the centre of everything. The staff were friendly and helped with everything, including organising free tours of Quebec City, which was very informative. The room rate doesn't include breakfast as part of the dorm, unlike HI Toronto and HI Boston. Think they should re-address this. However, the price was $28 per night which is very cheap for the place. Beds are a little small, but all in all, good hostel!

Nice for a nonprofit hostel. The breakfast was a bit lacking (having been to other hostels with more variety and options). The room was simple-bed, table, chair, and sheets. I guess I am used to a closet, a TV. But all in all it was comfortable for the price, and close to EVERYTHING. It was nice that there were bathrooms everywhere around the corner so you didn't have to wait to shower or such. Definitely had the feel you were only there to sleep, not relax.

Stayed here a couple of times before in the last 2 years. It's nothing special but is a consistently reliable hostel: clean, great location, wifi is usually good, and is affordable.

Location is spot on if people don't give the location 100% they are confused. Right in old town, hostel is super clean, staff friendly, rooms big. Only wish is that the pub crawl was more then two times a week because it was so much fun. 100% would stay again!

Staff gives great recommendations for restaurants! Breakfast is confusing (unclear to us whether it was included in our room or not). Bathrooms small/few showers might have to wait.

my friend and I shared a room with two singles - they were bunk beds in a tiny room. No problem with that except that the bunk frame was very flimsy and every move she made - even small ones, were felt big time by me on the top bunk. The whole thing moved. Other than that everything was fine - better than fine.

• 3rd Sep 2015

Nice little hostel conveniently located in Old Québec City, within walking distance of several restaurants and places to shop. Staff at the front desk were very friendly and helpful. However, be warned- if you stay here during the summer like we did, the room can get very warm (no a/c).