HI-Quebec- Auberge Internationale de Québec Reviews

19, Rue Ste-Ursule, Quebec, Canada

Your usual HI Hostel, really good location, affordable but no fun...

Had a wonderful time at this hostel! Many options for tours and it was very easy to meet people. Awesome kitchen and bar. Would highly recommend to anybody staying in Quebec on a more tight budget, or just looking to meet people!

My first time at a hostel...and I'm 50+!...really enjoyed it and would stay at a hostel again!...very impressed.

• 28th Aug 2015

I booked this hostel a day in advance to my stay and then realized I forgot to ask if they allow dogs. I called and when they said "no" I asked if I could cance my reservation or get a credit for a future stay, they said no because it was after the 24 hour cancellation period. I even purchased the cancellation insurance. How long was I off the 24 hour period cancellation period? 2 hours. The person on the phone at the hostel was not helpful at all.

• 27th Aug 2015

I liked almost everything about this hostel: its super central location, the bar, the big kitchen, the beautiful garden. Only thing I did not like was the staff. They could really be more friendly and welcoming, even compared to HI hostel standards which are not very high IMO. What annoyed me the most was that the cleaning staff accidentally threw away my food from the fridge on my last day even though it was labelled correctly. I got no refund or even apology from the receptionist.

It was a pleasant stay. The staff were very accommodating and helpful. I felt secured and safe. The room that I stayed in was very roomy for 4 people. The breakfast and happy hour at the bar were excellent too. They offer tours at the hostel that you can sign up for in advance. They also have a ride-sharing system setup for that pricey ride to the airport. I'd definitely stay here again.

Nice place good fun.

Very nice location and good view over the town. But the staff could be more friendly. The rooms were waaaay too warm and the beds noisy. Bad sleep for two nights! The breakfast is not included! Strange people staying there. But all in all an average hostel.

I had a perfect stay, thanks a lot and I will definitely recommend! :)

Great location and fantastic to have breakfast included. We stayed I a private with ensuite room which had lots of space.

Great hostel in Old City, most of the attractions are walking distance.

Everything was super!

First time in the city and this was the best place for me to stay. Simple but clean bathrooms, clean sheets (beds are a bit short in length) but they have awesome tours, great pubcrawl (I actually stayed till the end) and I made great friends here. Also, Mike at the desk during the night is great, funny and very helpful. Can't wait to go back!

The beds in the dorms where kids beds. I'm only 5"11 and I'm a slim Guy and I was too big for the bed. No atmosphere in the hostel what so ever. Great location though.!

This is a fairly big hostel in a fantastic location. The kitchen was really big which was great. The staff were always on hand to help if you needed anything.

A good hostel. Would stay here again. As with many of these older, traditional hostels, they lack enough electrical sockets in rooms to cater for the mobile phone/laptop generation of traveller. They should consider putting some multipoint extension leads in the rooms to provide a quick solution to this problem.

Very, very clean, and very reasonably priced. A great place for anyone in their 20's to stay as most of the guests seem to fall in to that age group. Great for meeting people, ceiling fans in all rooms for humid nights. Very clean shower rooms/bathrooms. Downside is that there are a lot of guests sharing only a few showers so guests should time their morning and evening shower times accordingly. Great location.

• 14th Aug 2015