HI - Sacramento Reviews

925 H Street, Sacramento, California, USA

Soooo nice:) been there, seen it, loved it:) the receptionist was the most friendly person on earth❤

I really enjoyed all the staff. Very helpful, and patient.... they helped make my stay that much more enjoyable And the mansion was fun to stay in. I had stayed there years ago and enjoyed it just as much this time. Both visits were work related and this made the stay more enjoyable and affordable.

• 9th Mar 2014

Great place to stay.

This is definitely not a youth hostel. There is no atmosphere, no group activities. I decided to pay 10$ and do a walking tour, which was surprising VERY interesting. This is the only thing I highly recommend to do!! Boring hostel, but good location and clean bathrooms. Also, Cassey was really sweet and helpful :)

It was very comfortable and nice stay at the mansion. Friendly staff, clean bathroom. Very very clean kitchen. Dinning and sitting area clean as well. Room was spacious. There was no heating when cold at night. I had to use 2nd blanket. There is bad odour in room that NEEDS TO BE URGENTLY SORTED. Wifi reception in room was very poor , i was on 1st floor. Overall 4 stars.

Had a great experience with my stay

• 1st Jan 2014

Very good location close to centre and old town

• 13th Nov 2013

lovely old building! not a huge amount to do in Sacramento but this place is a nice place to stay if you are here!

Good location, fun place to stay with a rich history!

Thisis my first time staying at a Hostel, and it was terrific! Obviously, the value is there which is something you know before you arrive. I found the staff to be most accommodating. They went out of their way to be helpful. I will definitely stay there again when the opportunity arises.

• 4th Oct 2013

Staff was incredible unfriendly and cold. Maybe they thought to have to be posh because of the victorian mansion they are working in. There is just two bathrooms at each floor with 2 showers and two toilets.

Beautiful place, fantastic location, if I could, I would definitely get back there!

Best value for accommodation in Sacramento. The location can't be beat. The only thing I don't like about HI hostels is the plethora of rules and extra charges, but all of that is clearly laid out, so you know what to expect. The place is clean, the staff is pretty cool (they enforce the rules tactfully), the WIFI works and the facilities are more than adequate. Don't miss the free breakfast and don't forget to check out the basement, which has the TV room, computer room and library.

I've stayed at this hostel four times, about a week each, over the span of about a year. Having watched and experienced it over this extended period of time, I'd say it is a beautiful place, and very quiet for a hostel as long as you don't have a group staying over. They also seem to have gotten new pillows and mattresses - kudos, for their old ones were nearly unsleepable on. Not the friendliest staff, but they get the job done.

Amazing building. .wonderful atmosphere..old world charm..and a good location

The staff helped me get connected here in Sacramento and that is priceless for me who is a new student and new to the area. Courteous and respectful, you guys are great!

• 15th Aug 2013

Great place.....value for money....will recommend to others.

• 13th Aug 2013
  • India

- We didn't actually feel welcome when we checked in. - If you come by car you have to pay to park. I think that should be included with the price.

Comfy bed and nice spacious room. Felt a little insecure as the rooms were codes so people who had stayed previously could pop in if they liked. Probably wouldn't but it did occur to me. The door was super creaky, just needed some wd40 or something.

Do not run the A/C in high Mode on the 4th floor, THANKS.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6