HI - Sacramento Reviews

925 H Street, Sacramento, USA

Most of the staff were really friendly and helpful. The location is pretty good. The building is really cool. Showers clean. All round pretty good.

Beautiful building, nice people, 24 hour check in. A really lovely place to stay.

• 20th Jun 2014

they have very good breakfast that I ever had in hostel.

My stay was short (two nights), but I came away with a favorable impression. The location was close enough to downtown to be convenient, but far enough away to be quiet. I was pleasantly surprised by the complimentary continental breakfast. I don't believe I have had that at other HI facilities. The staff were friendly in a professional kind of way. I would recommend HI Sacramento to others not needing a large lobby, etc., and I would stay there the next time I'm in Sacramento.

The building makes this place worth a visit.

Had an amazing staying, though was only one night. The most friendly staff I've had the chance to meet. Great value, good bads and fantastic location. Would be back in a heartbiy.

Amazing old building but with updated kitchen and bathrooms. Also has a huge downstairs game and lounge area. Rooms get pretty hot in the muggy Sacramento nights, but there was a big fan in the ruin to help circulate air. If I'm ever in town again I'll definitely stay again! I would have liked a coed dorm so u could be in the same room as my boyfriend, just for convenience sake, but the make and female dorms were right next to each other so it wasn't a huge deal.

The staff was pretty unfriendly-- they weren't there to check us in for a long time and didn't give much information about the hostel or Sacramento when they finally checked us in, and didn't seem condemned about making us wait so long. The actual building was beautiful.

What an amazing hostel! Simply beautiful!! The staff was very friendly and extremely helpful. Casey went above and beyond to answer my questions and to make my stay very comfortable. I was traveling by myself and felt VERY safe. The location is fantastic. I can't wait to visit again!

• 23rd Apr 2014

Soooo nice:) been there, seen it, loved it:) the receptionist was the most friendly person on earth❤

I really enjoyed all the staff. Very helpful, and patient.... they helped make my stay that much more enjoyable And the mansion was fun to stay in. I had stayed there years ago and enjoyed it just as much this time. Both visits were work related and this made the stay more enjoyable and affordable.

• 9th Mar 2014

Great place to stay.

This is definitely not a youth hostel. There is no atmosphere, no group activities. I decided to pay 10$ and do a walking tour, which was surprising VERY interesting. This is the only thing I highly recommend to do!! Boring hostel, but good location and clean bathrooms. Also, Cassey was really sweet and helpful :)

It was very comfortable and nice stay at the mansion. Friendly staff, clean bathroom. Very very clean kitchen. Dinning and sitting area clean as well. Room was spacious. There was no heating when cold at night. I had to use 2nd blanket. There is bad odour in room that NEEDS TO BE URGENTLY SORTED. Wifi reception in room was very poor , i was on 1st floor. Overall 4 stars.

Had a great experience with my stay

• 1st Jan 2014

Very good location close to centre and old town

• 13th Nov 2013

lovely old building! not a huge amount to do in Sacramento but this place is a nice place to stay if you are here!

Good location, fun place to stay with a rich history!

Thisis my first time staying at a Hostel, and it was terrific! Obviously, the value is there which is something you know before you arrive. I found the staff to be most accommodating. They went out of their way to be helpful. I will definitely stay there again when the opportunity arises.

• 4th Oct 2013

Staff was incredible unfriendly and cold. Maybe they thought to have to be posh because of the victorian mansion they are working in. There is just two bathrooms at each floor with 2 showers and two toilets.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7