HI San Diego - Downtown

Superb 1010 Total Reviews
Superb 1010 Total Reviews

• Egypt, Female, 25-30
8th May 2017

I loved everything about the place, the style, the decorations!! It's cozy and lovely. feels like home! I would recommend staying here for anyone to enjoy San Diego. The only thing I would mention is there's no bathroom in the dorms. You have to go out of the room to get to the restrooms, which might not be comfortable for people who like privacy. Overall,it was perfect place to enjoy our trip, and I would go there again if I go to San Diego.

Thank you for the review! We hope to see you again in the future! We hope you had fun on the rest of your travels

• Egypt, Female, 31-40
8th May 2017

Best hostel ever I have ever been to

Thanks for the love!

• England, Female, 25-30
25th Apr 2017
8.0

If you're looking for a hostel which is in a great location with super helpful and friendly staff I the centre of San Diego, then this is perfect. However, I would say that some of the facilities - including our private en-suite room (especially the bed) weren't the best quality. But I guess that balanced out for the price we paid. Overall, decent hostel but it is all about the location.

Thank you for the feedback!

• Ksigler
  • USA, Male, 25-30
15th Apr 2017

This was our first time staying in a hostel in the United States. I can't say enough good things about the location in San Diego! The staff at the front was so pleasant and were very thorough to make sure you had the right documents to go upstairs. I loved communal breakfast in the morning with people from different countries! Centrally located, we were able to walk or get a cheap ride anywhere we went. Awesome experience!

Thank you for being a guest at our Hostel. We are so happy you enjoyed your stay with us! Please come back any time (: All the best, HI-San Diego Downtown

14th Apr 2017

Huge hostel, great location in gaslamp District, almost no atmosphere though. Barely came across anyone during my time there.

April has been slow in the city/hostel. We hope you can visit us in the summer!

• USA, Female, 18-24
8th Apr 2017

I would still stay here again 100%, but a couple things to note that if fixed would make the hostel even better: -Windows let in a lot of noise -heat was blasting so hard that we had to blast the air conditioner -queen mattress could use a slightly bigger fitted sheet (kept slipping off) Other than that I love this hostel. Great value 👍

Thank you for all the great feedback!

• Costa Rica, Female, 18-24
2nd Apr 2017

This place has an awesome design, I actually found impresive the fact that they provide local artists an opportunity to show their work and a chance for the guests to be in touch with it. The bed was really comfortable, bathrooms were clean and the kitchen and other facilities were flawless. I'm really looking forward to come back :)

Thank you! We look forward to see you again in the future.

• USA, Female, 41+
1st Apr 2017
7.4

Great location and friendly staff but floors are dirty and there are no privacy pods/charging stations in each bunk.

Thank you for the feedback. We are currently looking into revamping our dorms.

• Italy, Female, 31-40
24th Mar 2017
5.7

Kitchen not very clean. There were no windows in the room.

Sorry about the kitchen, we were under construction. We hope you give us another chance in the future.

• ceyssonhelene9503
  • France, Couple, 25-30
21st Mar 2017

This hostel is ideally located in the Gaslamp quarter, at the heart of San Diego and close to restaurants, bars and the conference center. It's a short walk to the Seaport Village and USS Midway (under 30 minutes) and you can also take the bus or tram to go to other parts of the city. We really enjoyed our stay, the staff is really great, especially Joseph who is passionate about his home city and takes guests on walking tours. My only criticism if for breakfast which should be more varied.

Thank you for the feedback! We are always looking for feedback on our breakfast. We are currently trying out different things until we find exactly what our guests like.