HI San Diego - Downtown

Fabulous 1033 Total Reviews
Fabulous 1033 Total Reviews

• USA, Female, 25-30
16th Jun 2017

Beautiful hostel with fully equipped kitchen with everything you might want. Nice lounge areas with local art and books! Very large eating and game area. Love the opened windows in the common areas to let the breeze in. Ample private large bathrooms are really practical and very clean!! Only cons is that it faces a loud bar at night. In a room with window sealed to block out the noise, it gets very stuffy and warm. I woke up many times throughout the night sticky. AC is too loud to keep on.

Thank you for your awesome review (-: Come back and visit us anytime! Best, HI-Downtown San Diego

• USA, Female, 25-30
10th Jun 2017

Cool art, lots of bars and restaurants nearby and close to the airport and Balboa Park too! Common areas were clean and new, room simple and clean.

• USA, Female, 41+
9th Jun 2017

Excellent staff; value; location; cleanliness; a happy place.

8th Jun 2017

Fabulous hostel. Location central. I had a private room 306 which was great but looks onto 5th ave and boy was it noisy at night. Saying this I used ear plugs and turned on the air conditioning to drown out the noise from outside and I slept okay.

Thank you for the review!

• jade_maestas7292
  • USA, Couple, 25-30
3rd Jun 2017

Place was in a great location! The room was nice but smelt like smoke, even the towels had an odd smell to them. For the price, I would not stay again if given the same room.

I'm sincerely sorry that our room did not meet yours and our expectations. We currently looking into that room to see what may have been the cause. If you stay with us again in the future, please let us know of any issues immediately, so that we can help you have a comfortable stay.

29th May 2017

Quick short 1 day stay. Great location but can get loud at night from the street noise.

Thank you for the review! If you choose to stay with us in the future, make sure to call ahead and we can book you into a quiet interior room.

• clearfieldjc2115
  • USA, Male, 41+
28th May 2017

For my first time staying at a hostel. With all my concerns prior to coming. I was very happy with the service. It was better than what I had excepted. Even though there was a big party out in the street because of the holiday weekend. Every one was respectful. The staff was helpful. I know where to stay when I need a place to crash for the night. Had a great experience.

We are really glad you enjoyed your stay! We hope to see you again in the future!

• Hong Kong, Mixed Group, 18-24
27th May 2017

A really cool place near downtown. It's within walking distance of the Gaslamp District (I think that's what it's called) and the location is very comfortable to be in. Facilities are nice and modern, the place well-lit as well. Loved the experience.

22nd May 2017

A really nice place for anyone coming into town -- I was there for a convention. Why waste the money on a hotel? This was just as pleasant.

Thanks!

• Egypt, Female, 25-30
8th May 2017

I loved everything about the place, the style, the decorations!! It's cozy and lovely. feels like home! I would recommend staying here for anyone to enjoy San Diego. The only thing I would mention is there's no bathroom in the dorms. You have to go out of the room to get to the restrooms, which might not be comfortable for people who like privacy. Overall,it was perfect place to enjoy our trip, and I would go there again if I go to San Diego.

Thank you for the review! We hope to see you again in the future! We hope you had fun on the rest of your travels