HI - San Diego - Point Loma Hostel Reviews

3790 Udall St, San Diego, USA

Really great setting. Beautifully decorated and comfortable rooms. Delicious pancake breakfast

• 22nd Mar 2015

Fantastic breakfasts but a lack of men's toilets

• 7th Mar 2015

One of the worst hostel I have never been too. Really not nice staff, super loud, really weird place and extremely expensive.

Have never been so disappointed in a hostel. I understand the good reviews - the kitchen is very nice, the make-your-own breakfast has great yogurt and other nice options. But there is an amazing lack of restrooms. In the morning and eve usually a line waiting, some people even had to go down the street to the grocery store when the line was too long. And there are many other hostels in San Diego (unfortunately many of them were full, so I was stuck here) with much, much better locations.

Great hostel. We stayed in a private room and it had four outlets--enough to charge everything while on our trip!

Well, what to say about this great hostel? It has comfy bed (the most comfortable bed I've seen on hostels actually), pillows... the staff are very nice and helpful. It is a very cozy hostel and I definitely recommend to everybody. It's not located in downtown San Diego, so you gotta take a bus to get there, but it's worth its tranquility and peacefulness.

It's the best hostel and location in SD in my opinion :) Very clean and organized and with cool activities too! They have a kind of partnership with a bike rental company, but you have to book in advanced! It's very difficult to find any bike after morning or for the same time.

Best Hostel ever. The only problema is if you are going to places by bus, because the city buses stop working early. So, plan to do things during the morning and afternoon.

• 28th Dec 2014

Great hostel overall. Nice staff, nice and clean bathroom, if only people would care for it.

The stay was nice, although we had a problem when checking out. The employee could not see my name for a reservation and asked for an email from the hostel - but I only had the one from the website where I did the reservation. So we had to change rooms, and actually go to a dorm. She gave us a discount but it was not the experience we expected. The breakfast was really good and the restroom was ok, but one of the showers were in maintenance.

The best hostel of those that I have seen. Clean and comfortable. Pleasant staff. We really liked it.

• 6th Dec 2014
  • Kazakhstan

Need to have more bathroom and shower, during my stay there is only one room for the shower and one restroom for all the male who stays.

Thanks for the breakfast and Thanksgiving dinner - great hospitality.

Safety: The neighboorhood feels very safe, but the hostel door was often left open for people to come in and out as they wanted. Location: Hard to find without a GPS! Especially because of the split roads... Staff: The girl who greeted us was super friendly and enthusiastic, so we were enchanted. But, we didn't see her afterwards and we only had to deal with the super-busy, super-I'm-too-cool-to-deal-with-you or the it's-too-early-let-me-die kind of staff, which was a disappointment.

• 25th Nov 2014

The staff in this hostel is what makes this place special.

Very clean and nice hostel, great Staff and extremely well priced.

• 21st Oct 2014
  • New Zealand

Probably my fault, but I thought I read they had parking, but they don't. It was not that easy to park around. I got a parking fine (darl streets, didnt see the sign about 7-10am on fridays street cleaning): not their fault. The room was really small (private double), no air, but it was not hot. There is an airport nearby, so you will hear landings and take-offs. I'm a really light-sleeper, and I didn't wake up w/ the noise (they give earplugs - it was not necessary). Staff great, bathroom far.

everything was to a very high standard. would recommend this hostel to everyone

• 13th Oct 2014

Nice hostel. Quiet, quiet area. Not good for public transport. Best for beach and relaxing.

This hostel was fantastic. I have stayed in many hostels, and I think Point Loma is my favorite thus far. The staff is very friendly, the hostel is extremely clean, and the location was great. Maybe a ten min walk from OB and an 8 dollar cab ride from PB. There is also a bus stop right by the hostel where you can get to the beach. Breakfast is included and was delicious--pancakes, yogurt, granola, OJ, fruit. I am a young girl traveling alone, and I felt safe and welcome there. STAY HERE!!

• 9th Oct 2014