HI - San Diego - Point Loma Hostel Reviews

3790 Udall St, San Diego, USA

Lovely, comfortable hostel. Location is a bit far from downtown and the beach unless you have a car or bike, but in a nice neighborhood all the same. I would highly recommend adding air conditioning in the bedrooms as it got very hot especially when trying to sleep.

Great staff, very accommodating! Second stay here, perfect for ocean beach! Thanks once again

Awesome atmosphere for new and experienced travellers. With tonnes of free facilities and helpful staff.

• 25th Aug 2014

I simply loved the HI San Diego Point Loma! It's a very cosy hostel and with it's nice kitchen and living room (free netflix on a huge tv) it makes you feel like being in a second home. I shared a 2 bed twin room with my friend which was really nice and not so much more expensive compared to a dorm. The breakfast is really good too, yogurt, cereal, frozen fruits or pancakes. The only bad thing might be the airplanes that fly over the hostel a lot, but luckily not at night.:)

Loved it! It was very friendly and has a great atmosphere.

My wife and I have stayed in many hostels in the U.S. and around the world. This hostel is on our top three list, the others being Chicago and Boston.

The staff is friendly and busy. The hostel is well kept and easy to get around. They offer a lot of things to do. I was busy sight seeing so I didn't spend time with others staying there. The guys in my room seemed to want to be left alone so I followed suit and kept to myself.

• 2nd Aug 2014

This hostel is great, staff pretty helpful. I live in LA, and bring my bike to SD. My bike need some air, it's so hard to find a good pump, one girl help me a lot... Thank you so much! And good location, near old town and Amtrak station and shelter island! Pretty safe! Easy to go to downtown.. Nice trip..

I had a great stay - the staff at the Point Loma Hostel were very nice and were very helpful in replacing my lost keycar. Plus, all-you-can-eat pancakes, tempur-pedic beds, and interesting people all added to a great experience.

• 31st Jul 2014

The hostel has a good location to visit the San Diego Zoo, Gaslamp Quarter, ... But it is also close to the airport which causes a lot of noise.

We loved it there!! :)

Loved this place! It was awesome. Some of the little things like there was a small personal fan and outlet next to each bunk. That was great! It was hot and that little fan made a HUGE difference. Also, loved their breakfast items and the common areas were great. The staff wasn't super friendly but they were helpful if you needed anything. We had a car which made a big difference, the hostel was about 15 min drive from downtown but they had a huge board with public transit info which was nice

This is the third time I've stayed at this hostel. The staff are very helpful and friendly. The atmosphere is friendly and it feels very safe staying there. The staff went out of their way to try to help me with a special accommodation. The newly remodeled showers are and extra plus. As is the free on-street parking. And it was relatively clean. Located in a mostly residential area between Old Town and Ocean Beach it is somewhat convenient to all that San Diego has to offer.

• 12th Jul 2014

This hostel has a very relaxed vibe and is perfect for a beach getaway. There are nice communal areas and the outdoor area has a hammock and several comfy seats. It is a bit of a walk to the actual beach but it's not too far (about 20mins) and there is also a bus I think if you don't feel like walking. I would stay here again :)

Before arriving in our hostel, I was pretty nervous because I had never stayed in any hostel before and was afraid of security and noise issues. Fortunately I had a fantastic time here although I had to leave earlier because of a bad foot injury happened when I was surfing. Speaking to the foot injury, good heart staff took great care of me as well as other guests. I am recovering my foot now. No doubt I will come back to San Diego next summer and stay in our hostel again because I feel home!!!

• 4th Jul 2014
  • China

The staff here is very helpful. And hardworking to keep the hostel looking and smelling so clean. The kitchen is excellent. Nothing feels over crowded. Grocery store is 394 feet away. Quiet all day. But bring earplugs because every morning 10 jets take off . I think it is charming with earplug help. Clean, peaceful, open. Rooms here are 4 times as big as usa hostel in gas lamp district in san diego. Great city to visit.

• 4th Jul 2014

First time on a plane. First time in San Diego. First time in Hostel. My vacation was amazing! Staff were helpful and chill. No drinking or partying helped me feel comfortable as i dont live that kind of lifestyle. Met tons of people from all over the world. It was awesome!! #understatement

• 2nd Jul 2014

I booked here because I needed a place to stay while my brother was attending his orientation at UCSD. This place was ideal for a night's stay. Very relaxed, beach themed, with a dining commons that essentially guarantees meeting people (it's as easy as introducing yourself!). A lot of the occupants gathered and watched the USA/Germany World Cup game while I was there, which was great as I am an avid fan. Overall I had a great stay.

I have been traveling around California for a couple weeks now and have stayed at a variety of hostels. This was by far the best hostel I have ever stayed in, with an atmosphere and facility that made me feel like I was at home.

• 21st Jun 2014

By far the best hostel I have ever stayed in! The staff are super friendly, the facilities are excellent and very clean!! The chill out/communal areas are awesome. The breakfasts are sublime, not having to wash up after yourself is nice :) Great value for money considering the location. Nice touch with the aloe plants to help cure my sunburn as well!! All in all I would definitely stay with you guys again and will be recommending you to all friends who are travelling through San Diego!!!!