HI - San Diego - Point Loma Hostel Reviews

3790 Udall St, San Diego, USA

Excellent BBQ option the eveningevening too.

Lovely stay, very committed staff, quiet guests.

• 16th Aug 2015

A bit on the pricey side for what it is. But good enough. Also, one or two pancakes isn't "breakfast"

The facilies of this hostel are absolutely outstanding for US standards, especially the kitchen. The staff has been really kind and helpful. You can reach ocean beach within 5 min by car. The location also has its downsides - if you want to reach downtown it takes a while and public transportation is kind of an issue (time tables, frequency etc.). Over all it is a nice and calm hostel with organized acitivies on some days.

Perfect for relaxing - no good if you want a party experience. Really nice stay, highly recommend.

I had a great time staying at Point Loma! All of the staff were great and very helpful. Security is important to me and Point Loma hostel exceeded my needs.

• 7th Jul 2015

The vibe was nice and the hostel was better than I expected for the US. Some might consider the location as poor, being in the flight path, but it was conveniently close to a grocery store and tucked away into a nice part of San Diego. I love the ping pong table and hammock.

Lovely kitchen and outdoor area. The bathroom is my favourite with a hairdryer and flannels. The breakfast was perfect, healthy and sweet! Would definitely recommend staying here!

We really appreciate your great review! Thank you for choosing to stay with us!

Beautiful Hostel! The staff were not overly friendly, but nor were they rude. The only issue was the noise level. I was woken up every hour throughout the night, however I regrettably did not notice the free ear plugs that were offered. I would definitely suggest springing for a single! Otherwise the facilities were wonderful (great bathroom!), and the bed was squishy and very comfortable. i just wish I could have slept more in it!

Thank you for taking the time to review our hostel. We understand that dormitory sleeping arrangements can sometimes be a little uncomfortable, and we are sorry to hear that you didn't get the nights sleep you anticipated. We hope you choose to stay with us again in the future. The beds in our private rooms are just as comfortable as the dorm beds. :) Cheers!

Very chilled hostel which was what I was after but maybe bit to chilled not allowed to bring alcohol onto property which is shame coulda been bit more lively and as I've learnt with all HI hostels it's an extra 3 dollars a night if you ain't a member! Which seems a little steep don't know this until you arrive! But lovely clean hostel fantastic kitchen and comfortable beds just had it all renovated. If your looking to relax I'd advise if you wanna party look elsewhere. Great staff tho

Our stay was exactly what we were looking for. Breakfast was amazing. I've never had such a great breakfast in a hostel before. The only negative was the planes seemed to fly right over head. They did stop for a few hours during the night but genealogy woke us up early in the morning.

We really appreciate your review! Thank you! We apologize for the planes, even though its out of our control. Next time you stay don't forget to pick up a pair of free earplugs in thecommon area. :)

I loved this hostel. Definitely one of the nicest hostels I've stayed in. I stayed in a private room with a double bed and had short distances to travel for use of the bathroom and/or shower. Cleanliness was on point and the staff were very nice. Quiet hours were greatly appreciated as well. The shower heads in the men's bathroom were fairly shotty, but it still works and certainly isn't anything to complain about. Thank you for the great stay!

• 26th Apr 2015

Thank you for the great review! It brightens our day to hear how much our guest's enjoy their time here. Our men's shower room is next on the list for a remodel. :)

This is the best, and my favorite hostel in San Diego. It's so beautiful. I wish that the bus lines were a little better near the hostel, but besides that, it's awesome.

This is the best hostel I have stayed in located in the United States. I only rated it "Good" for cleanliness because of other guests, not the staff. The staff was very diligent in cleaning everything. I loved cooking free breakfast in big kitchen with the option of making a meal with ingredients prepared by the staff. If I had been in the hostel at dinner time, I could have eaten dinner for free at least 4 of the 7 nights I was there. Donated dinners not actually included in room price.

• 14th Apr 2015

Amazing hostel. Excellent facilities, very clean and comfortable. Thoroughly enjoyed my stay there and would highly recommend it

Really great setting. Beautifully decorated and comfortable rooms. Delicious pancake breakfast

• 22nd Mar 2015

This hostel is simply the best. The female bathroom is hotel quality. I loved it!!!

Fantastic breakfasts but a lack of men's toilets

• 7th Mar 2015

One of the worst hostel I have never been too. Really not nice staff, super loud, really weird place and extremely expensive.