HI - San Diego - Point Loma Hostel Reviews

3790 Udall St, San Diego, USA

Our stay was exactly what we were looking for. Breakfast was amazing. I've never had such a great breakfast in a hostel before. The only negative was the planes seemed to fly right over head. They did stop for a few hours during the night but genealogy woke us up early in the morning.

I loved this hostel. Definitely one of the nicest hostels I've stayed in. I stayed in a private room with a double bed and had short distances to travel for use of the bathroom and/or shower. Cleanliness was on point and the staff were very nice. Quiet hours were greatly appreciated as well. The shower heads in the men's bathroom were fairly shotty, but it still works and certainly isn't anything to complain about. Thank you for the great stay!

• 26th Apr 2015

This is the best, and my favorite hostel in San Diego. It's so beautiful. I wish that the bus lines were a little better near the hostel, but besides that, it's awesome.

This is the best hostel I have stayed in located in the United States. I only rated it "Good" for cleanliness because of other guests, not the staff. The staff was very diligent in cleaning everything. I loved cooking free breakfast in big kitchen with the option of making a meal with ingredients prepared by the staff. If I had been in the hostel at dinner time, I could have eaten dinner for free at least 4 of the 7 nights I was there. Donated dinners not actually included in room price.

• 14th Apr 2015

Amazing hostel. Excellent facilities, very clean and comfortable. Thoroughly enjoyed my stay there and would highly recommend it

Really great setting. Beautifully decorated and comfortable rooms. Delicious pancake breakfast

• 22nd Mar 2015

This hostel is simply the best. The female bathroom is hotel quality. I loved it!!!

Fantastic breakfasts but a lack of men's toilets

• 7th Mar 2015

One of the worst hostel I have never been too. Really not nice staff, super loud, really weird place and extremely expensive.

Have never been so disappointed in a hostel. I understand the good reviews - the kitchen is very nice, the make-your-own breakfast has great yogurt and other nice options. But there is an amazing lack of restrooms. In the morning and eve usually a line waiting, some people even had to go down the street to the grocery store when the line was too long. And there are many other hostels in San Diego (unfortunately many of them were full, so I was stuck here) with much, much better locations.

I am so sorry to hear of your disappointment, and we sincerely apologize for the lack of available restrooms during your stay. Due to some much needed renovations, we temporarily had to close one of our shower rooms. We now have all restrooms and shower rooms up and running, and this should not be an issue in the future. Thank you for your review and for your stay!

Great hostel. We stayed in a private room and it had four outlets--enough to charge everything while on our trip!

Well, what to say about this great hostel? It has comfy bed (the most comfortable bed I've seen on hostels actually), pillows... the staff are very nice and helpful. It is a very cozy hostel and I definitely recommend to everybody. It's not located in downtown San Diego, so you gotta take a bus to get there, but it's worth its tranquility and peacefulness.

It's the best hostel and location in SD in my opinion :) Very clean and organized and with cool activities too! They have a kind of partnership with a bike rental company, but you have to book in advanced! It's very difficult to find any bike after morning or for the same time.

Best Hostel ever. The only problema is if you are going to places by bus, because the city buses stop working early. So, plan to do things during the morning and afternoon.

• 28th Dec 2014

Great hostel overall. Nice staff, nice and clean bathroom, if only people would care for it.

The stay was nice, although we had a problem when checking out. The employee could not see my name for a reservation and asked for an email from the hostel - but I only had the one from the website where I did the reservation. So we had to change rooms, and actually go to a dorm. She gave us a discount but it was not the experience we expected. The breakfast was really good and the restroom was ok, but one of the showers were in maintenance.

The best hostel of those that I have seen. Clean and comfortable. Pleasant staff. We really liked it.

• 6th Dec 2014
  • Kazakhstan

Need to have more bathroom and shower, during my stay there is only one room for the shower and one restroom for all the male who stays.

Thanks for the breakfast and Thanksgiving dinner - great hospitality.

Safety: The neighboorhood feels very safe, but the hostel door was often left open for people to come in and out as they wanted. Location: Hard to find without a GPS! Especially because of the split roads... Staff: The girl who greeted us was super friendly and enthusiastic, so we were enchanted. But, we didn't see her afterwards and we only had to deal with the super-busy, super-I'm-too-cool-to-deal-with-you or the it's-too-early-let-me-die kind of staff, which was a disappointment.

• 25th Nov 2014