HI - San Diego - Point Loma Hostel Reviews

3790 Udall St, San Diego, USA

Great hostel overall. Nice staff, nice and clean bathroom, if only people would care for it.

• 12th Dec 2014

The stay was nice, although we had a problem when checking out. The employee could not see my name for a reservation and asked for an email from the hostel - but I only had the one from the website where I did the reservation. So we had to change rooms, and actually go to a dorm. She gave us a discount but it was not the experience we expected. The breakfast was really good and the restroom was ok, but one of the showers were in maintenance.

The best hostel of those that I have seen. Clean and comfortable. Pleasant staff. We really liked it.

• 6th Dec 2014
  • Kazakhstan

Need to have more bathroom and shower, during my stay there is only one room for the shower and one restroom for all the male who stays.

Thanks for the breakfast and Thanksgiving dinner - great hospitality.

Safety: The neighboorhood feels very safe, but the hostel door was often left open for people to come in and out as they wanted. Location: Hard to find without a GPS! Especially because of the split roads... Staff: The girl who greeted us was super friendly and enthusiastic, so we were enchanted. But, we didn't see her afterwards and we only had to deal with the super-busy, super-I'm-too-cool-to-deal-with-you or the it's-too-early-let-me-die kind of staff, which was a disappointment.

• 25th Nov 2014

The staff in this hostel is what makes this place special.

Very clean and nice hostel, great Staff and extremely well priced.

• 21st Oct 2014
  • New Zealand

Probably my fault, but I thought I read they had parking, but they don't. It was not that easy to park around. I got a parking fine (darl streets, didnt see the sign about 7-10am on fridays street cleaning): not their fault. The room was really small (private double), no air, but it was not hot. There is an airport nearby, so you will hear landings and take-offs. I'm a really light-sleeper, and I didn't wake up w/ the noise (they give earplugs - it was not necessary). Staff great, bathroom far.

everything was to a very high standard. would recommend this hostel to everyone

• 13th Oct 2014

Nice hostel. Quiet, quiet area. Not good for public transport. Best for beach and relaxing.

This hostel was fantastic. I have stayed in many hostels, and I think Point Loma is my favorite thus far. The staff is very friendly, the hostel is extremely clean, and the location was great. Maybe a ten min walk from OB and an 8 dollar cab ride from PB. There is also a bus stop right by the hostel where you can get to the beach. Breakfast is included and was delicious--pancakes, yogurt, granola, OJ, fruit. I am a young girl traveling alone, and I felt safe and welcome there. STAY HERE!!

• 9th Oct 2014

I stayed here with my 6 year old daughter so found it fantastic that this hostel was family friendly and didn't have the boozy atmosphere a lot of hostels have. That being said, I know plenty of people that would enjoy staying and be happy with just a glass of wine or a quick beer. I like introducing my daughter to accomodation that is not always fancy hotels. This hostel was perfect for us, in a convenient location close to everything. Will happily recommend to travelling families!

• 6th Oct 2014

Great hostel everything you need and want. Although the location is pretty bad if you dont have a car. Better off staying by the beach or in gaslight district.

It was great. They have integration activities so you get to interact and share conversations with the other travelers. Warm and cozy house. Breakfast was good, they let you use their surfboard for free. The best hostel ever.

• 20th Sep 2014
  • Mexico

good location - 20 min walk or 10 min bus ride to OB. safe, cute and big rooms. only moan is that there was no air con we had like 10 fans in the room instead.

This is a great hostel. The bathrooms are very new, the breakfast is nice and the kind-of-garden is really cozy and really great for sitting or eating outside. I liked the location. They have self-made guide books, so you can always have a look what to do in San Diego or in the the surrounding area. The staff is really friendly and helpful. What I really liked is that they provided small towels, that they wash istead of providing paper towels. It's an environmentally friendly hostel.

Lovely, comfortable hostel. Location is a bit far from downtown and the beach unless you have a car or bike, but in a nice neighborhood all the same. I would highly recommend adding air conditioning in the bedrooms as it got very hot especially when trying to sleep.

Great staff, very accommodating! Second stay here, perfect for ocean beach! Thanks once again

Awesome atmosphere for new and experienced travellers. With tonnes of free facilities and helpful staff.

• 25th Aug 2014