HI - San Diego - Point Loma Hostel Reviews

3790 Udall St, San Diego, USA

I have been traveling around California for a couple weeks now and have stayed at a variety of hostels. This was by far the best hostel I have ever stayed in, with an atmosphere and facility that made me feel like I was at home.

• 21st Jun 2014

By far the best hostel I have ever stayed in! The staff are super friendly, the facilities are excellent and very clean!! The chill out/communal areas are awesome. The breakfasts are sublime, not having to wash up after yourself is nice :) Great value for money considering the location. Nice touch with the aloe plants to help cure my sunburn as well!! All in all I would definitely stay with you guys again and will be recommending you to all friends who are travelling through San Diego!!!!

This was the first time I went to a hostel. I went with my 17 year old daughter. We had a private room. I didn't know what to expect as I usually travel all over and stay in very nice hotels. I was very surprised how much I enjoyed the hostel. It was clean, had a great comfortable atmosphere. There were people of all ages. The staff was great and the facilities were very clean. I would highly recommend. The location was nice, but I'm glad we had transportation.

• 12th Jun 2014

I absolutely loved staying here! Better than most hotels. It was clean and very well laid out, the kitchen was to die for, wish I could move in! Super soft sheets, free wifi! Free pancake breakfast with berries, granola, and plenty of syrup! I thought it was great they suggested a bike company that cost $12/day that came and dropped off a bike for me at the airport so that I could ride it to the hostel and when I was done I just left it at the hostel for them to pick up the next day. So easy!

• 9th Jun 2014
  • light_sourced

It's a quiet hostel, which may not work for everyone. But I loved the guests of all ages and the small conversations in the dining hall. Hostels need not be synonymous with drinking and partying. It a nice way to meet people even if you have the means to stay in a "regular" hotel.

• 7th Jun 2014

We had a great time at this hostel. We really didn't want to leave when our stay ended. My only complaint was that there was construction and rennovations happening on the womens bathroom when we arrived so there was always queues for the mens bathroom because all the men had to share one shower. But that was only a small problem and the construction is now finished. The staff are awesome and we are going to keep in touch over our travels.

This hostel was a great experience overall- my boyfriend and I loved our room, and the bathrooms and kitchen were really clean and accessible (despite some remodeling!) The only con is that it is LITERALLY impossible to get back to this hostel at night using mass transit, and cabs in San Diego cost a fortune. We got stuck a few times downtown- which was not fun. If you want to hang at ocean beach, this is the place for you. Otherwise...I'd go for a hostel in a more convenient location.

• 20th May 2014

Wifi was to slow. Overall very well kept, You didn´t have to do your dishes by yourself, witch was a good thing.

Overall a really nice hostel with comfy beds, friendly staff and good atmosphere. The only negative comment I have is about the shower facilities. When we were there the women showers were being renovated, so two floors had too share one shower... that resulted in having to wait in line several times which was a bit annoying. Even after the renovation is done, I would still assume that more showers are needed when the hostel is full. It would also be nice with WiFi in the rooms/dorms.

• 2nd May 2014
  • Denmark

Thank you so much for your review. We truly appreciate your comments. I apologize for the inconvenience of the shower renovations. I hope you will give us another try once the renovations are done. It is going to be really nice. There will be three showers and three toilets in the new bathroom along with 5 sinks. The completion target date is May 20th, 2014. We are also installing this month a new internet system that will allow guests to get free WiFi in the rooms. Cheers, Jenny

One of the best hostel I have ever been to.

Thanks so much for your amazing review!

Matresses from hell, but clean beds and rooms, nice staff. Atmosphere a bit boring, smoking and alcohol not allowed inside the hostel.

Thanks so much for your comments. We truly appreciate and value your review. I am so sorry for your experience with our mattresses. I wonder if the mattress was flipped the wrong way. Sometimes this happens accidentally. They are tempurpedic Mattresses donated by tempurpedic. Cheers, Jenny

1 2 Next » last »