HI - San Diego - Point Loma Hostel Reviews

3790 Udall St, San Diego, USA

Lovely, comfortable hostel. Location is a bit far from downtown and the beach unless you have a car or bike, but in a nice neighborhood all the same. I would highly recommend adding air conditioning in the bedrooms as it got very hot especially when trying to sleep.

Great staff, very accommodating! Second stay here, perfect for ocean beach! Thanks once again

Awesome atmosphere for new and experienced travellers. With tonnes of free facilities and helpful staff.

• 25th Aug 2014

I simply loved the HI San Diego Point Loma! It's a very cosy hostel and with it's nice kitchen and living room (free netflix on a huge tv) it makes you feel like being in a second home. I shared a 2 bed twin room with my friend which was really nice and not so much more expensive compared to a dorm. The breakfast is really good too, yogurt, cereal, frozen fruits or pancakes. The only bad thing might be the airplanes that fly over the hostel a lot, but luckily not at night.:)

Loved it! It was very friendly and has a great atmosphere.

My wife and I have stayed in many hostels in the U.S. and around the world. This hostel is on our top three list, the others being Chicago and Boston.

The staff is friendly and busy. The hostel is well kept and easy to get around. They offer a lot of things to do. I was busy sight seeing so I didn't spend time with others staying there. The guys in my room seemed to want to be left alone so I followed suit and kept to myself.

• 2nd Aug 2014

This hostel is great, staff pretty helpful. I live in LA, and bring my bike to SD. My bike need some air, it's so hard to find a good pump, one girl help me a lot... Thank you so much! And good location, near old town and Amtrak station and shelter island! Pretty safe! Easy to go to downtown.. Nice trip..

I had a great stay - the staff at the Point Loma Hostel were very nice and were very helpful in replacing my lost keycar. Plus, all-you-can-eat pancakes, tempur-pedic beds, and interesting people all added to a great experience.

• 31st Jul 2014

The hostel has a good location to visit the San Diego Zoo, Gaslamp Quarter, ... But it is also close to the airport which causes a lot of noise.

We loved it there!! :)