8.8
Fabulous 637 Total Reviews
8.8
Fabulous 637 Total Reviews
HI San Diego - Point Loma Located at 3790 Udall St, , San Diego.
USA
San Diego CA CA 92017 3790 Udall St
88% 637
32.7402880 -117.2305583
    Rooms available

• Brazil, Couple, 31-40
2nd Aug 2016
7.7

There are things which I liked and I did not like in that hostel. It was very clean and in a good location if you want to go to the Sea World or to the beach. However the staffs were not very helpful about information and I had someone who woke me up in the middle of the night because someone told him to sleep in the same bed were I was. The breakfast was good, but you have to like pancakes because there are not too much more then that. And the restroom was very competitive.

Thank you, we appreciate your feedback. We want all our guests to have a great experience at our hostel, and we apologize for our error with the dormitory bed mix up. Safe travels!

• England, Female, 18-24
25th Jul 2016
6.3

The hostel is super clean and safe. Bad side: most hostel workers absolutely LOATHE talking to guests. Literally, the older lady who checked me in looked up at her computer towards me and said what do you want? She looked and sounded immensely pissed off to have to check me in. I booked for 7 days and had to change rooms after 2 days because they got a booking wrong. It's a no drinking hostel. When I was there most guests were older adults and a couple of families. Not a place for young people.

25th Jul 2016

Most of the staff were exceptional, there was a gruff older women, but she meant well! Little far from the beach but they had FREE surf boards and wake boards we could rent! Stacie was AMAZING!!! She loved her job, was great with multiple types of people and knew everything about San Diego!

• England, Male, 25-30
19th Jul 2016
7.7

Really chilled vibe and friendly people. More suited to those looking some peace and quiet and family friendly! Staff are approachable and happy to help and put on a good bbq night! Close to bus route into downtown which helps

• nedatsea
  • USA, Male, 31-40
15th Jul 2016

Great hostel with a fun, chill vibe! Lots of room to hang, awesome breakfast, great value. Rooms were comfy and clean, bathrooms were good too. Staff was very helpful, friendly, and easygoing. Only downsides have to do with location (though there are upsides too) — it's situated in a quiet residential neighborhood with ample parking. However it is right on the flight path, so you do hear every plane passing overhead starting at 6:30 AM and again in the evening. (They do provide free earplugs.)

• England, Male, 18-24
3rd Jul 2016

Had an absolute ball staying here this week. My first time in a hostel and the staff were awesome, free pancakes for breakfast was unreal, always felt secure, the other people in the hostel were really pleasant/trustworthy, value for money and would have no doubts at all in returning if I came to San Diego again in the future. Only problems for me was only being 20 years of age, I wanted to be closer to mission beach, but got an uber anyway when I needed to and parking was difficult after 11pm.

• Australia, Female, 25-30
27th Jun 2016

They've got great sport facilities, especially if you want the beach. Paddle bards, surfboards and ping pong. We stayed in the twin double bed room and it was very clean, comfy and great beds! The wifi cut out when everyone was on it and the location wasn't the best for food if your planning on walking, but there's a grocery store though and a yummy Italian restaurant. Wasn't a fan of the breakfast unless you just want pancakes but pancakes seems to be the standard for most American hostels.

• England, Couple, 18-24
21st Jun 2016

I've been travelling for over 3 months and have stayed in countless hostels but the staff at Point Loma have honestly been the friendliest I've come across! Everyone was so friendly and the hostel became like a new home! Thank you so much to everyone there for making our time so memorable! I'd recommend this hostel to anyone, it has everything for the perfect beach getaway, including rentable beach equipment! :)

• USA, Female, 41+
1st Jun 2016

My first time ever in a hostel and the experience was great. The staff was helpful in storing my bag until after checkout and before my ride came along. The bed was comfortable. I was on a top bunk and there was no reading light.:( The bathroom was right next door and convenient. Great common room. We were under the landing pattern of the planes at the nearby airport and their was no air conditioning., but I slept great. Can't wait to go again.

12th May 2016
8.0

The hostel itself was excellent. Having a lot of older people drifting in and out was strange and the staff were a little awkward. It was not as friendly and community-oriented as other hostels that I have stayed in.