HI San Diego - Point Loma Reviews

3790 Udall St, San Diego, USA

Like home from home. Great place to stay!

• 5th Feb 2016

Wonderful place to stay in San Diego! Not sure how easy it is to get to by public transport, but if you're driving it's quite easy! Lovely communal areas-both inside and out, great&fully equipped kitchen, clean bedroom and bathroom! Not to mention the yummy breakfast! The staff work really hard and it shows! My visit was very short, but I really enjoyed it and wish I could stay longer!

Though the hostel was located in a nice area, there were lots of noises from planes passing over and the insulation wasn't very great. Walls between rooms were very thin. Apart from that, I would recommend to young solo traveller to pick an hostel in more dynamic San Diego area as I have never seen that many old people and families in an hostel.

This was my first in a Hostel and everyone was very helpful and friendly. I felt safe being there and have people to talk to at the end of the was nice since I traveled alone. I have already recommend this place to my friends and people on my flight back.

• 6th Jan 2016

Stayed in two different rooms and they both had a mouldy smell. That's the only negative thing about this place

I loved this hostel. If you're looking for city life then it may not be the best choice when it comes to distance, but i'm sure a quick uber or lyft could do the trick. Point Loma Hostel was amazing and one of the best hostels i've been to in a very long time. The staff was very nice and friendly, the ambiance and atmosphere was very relaxing and clean. It made my stay in San Diego amazing and i would definitely come here again if i had the chance! Thanks for everything ;]

• 1st Jan 2016

Great atmosphere and people but way too far from anything else. By foot or transit.

Cleanest and most comfortable hostel I've stayed so far

• 20th Nov 2015

Staff member Ashley was rude when I asked her questions (on the night I have arrived, and was trying to locate the hostel). She was also rude and seemed bothered by my questions regarding if she knew about close by restaurants. This was my very first experience of a staff member being not helpful. Before this experience I always had very best experience. Thanks

• 15th Nov 2015

Two of the three showers in the restroom were out of order; other than that, everything was great! I didn't stick around for the 7am breakfast, but it was offered! I opted to go to my favorite restaurant in San Diego for breakfast.

• 13th Nov 2015

I love this place! And the staff is great. Thank you!

• 9th Nov 2015

Great hostel with comfy duvets, a good breakfast selection and towels provided. Would recommend hiring bikes from the company that they have details for in the kitchen (they deliver the bikes to you and pick them up again!) to cycle from the hostel to ocean beach and mission beach.

Good wifi, great kitchen and spacious rooms

Probably the nicest place we've stayed after traveling all over the US! great facilities inc, ping pong free; surfboard, paddle boards! Nice and friendly staff only one small negative.. NO ALCOHOL activities going on all week great A1 place to stay!

chilled out hostel located around 1.5 miles from ocean beach. staff are very friendly and always happy to help. Would definitely come back

Stayed for 3 nights. Smaller HI hostel but with good facilities including a microwave and an oven/stove. Parking is free right outside the hostel which is great! Only a couple of staff members who couldn't help me out and as its a small hostel has limited facilities which is shared around lots of rooms. Supermarkets close and public transport available but location is good if you have a car.

Amazing...that`s it!!!

Great experience!

• 29th Sep 2015

Omg best hostel iv been to!!!

• 25th Sep 2015
  • Kenya

Excellent . We have passed 4 nights. We have appreciated the location and the amenities insight the hostel. Very clean and possibility to rent for free chair for beach and board.

• 24th Sep 2015