HI San Diego - Point Loma Reviews

3790 Udall St, San Diego, USA

It was an amazing stay. The staff was a little quiet but it was 5 stars overall for sure.

• 24th Sep 2015

Truly enjoy my stay! Helpful staff and resources for maximizing San Diego visit. Comfortable atmosphere with nice television room. Located close to market, laundromat, public library, restaurants and 1 1/2 mile from Ocean Beach.

I liked staying by the beach, I thought that everyone was friendly, and I thought that the hostel was a pretty cool place to be - it was clean and the free pancake breakfast was awesome. I also thought that the beds were very comfortable and they were not squeaky - which is very important when there are a few people in one room getting in and out of bunk beds.

Awesome hostel. One of the cleanest,and most efficiently run hostel in America.

• 7th Sep 2015

As usual, I really like this place and will always come back. Some of the younger staff work hard at doing this and that and are easy to talk to and just cool. The older to me were just there and not very friendly when i tried to make conversation. Not a problem, the cool ones made it a nice place to hang. Will be back soon weather permitting since i'm on a motorcycle and ride the coast. So nice.

The room got very hot in the night, that was my only complaint.

The staff were not very friendly or welcoming which was disappointing - it was actually my birthday on the day we checked in and they didn't even notice. We got more of a welcome to San Diego and information for the city from the car rental place. The atmosphere - none, pretty boring and quiet place, a lot of older people and alcohol is banned which could have something to do with it?! (We don't drink...just thinking) cleanliness wasn't great and rooms were horrid especially bathrooms!

By far the best hostel I've ever stayed at! Much much better then the hostel down in OB

Excellent BBQ option the eveningevening too.

Lovely stay, very committed staff, quiet guests.

• 16th Aug 2015