HI - San Francisco - City Center Hostel Reviews

685 Ellis Street, CA 94109, San Francisco, USA

Good hostel!

직원은 친절한데 위치가 안 좋음 관광 포인트랑 가깝긴 한데 스트릿 자체가 노숙자 많고 더럽고 냄새남 매우 위험함

A good hostel. Good people. Bar attached to the Hostel which was the best value for money when drinking. Great kitchen if you feel like cooking.

Thanks for your review! We love it when guests have a good time and are able to take advantage of our bar stocked full of those delicious California beers. $4 beer ($3 during happy hour) is the best value around, especially in this town! :) Hope to see you again in the future! Cheers, Kelsey HI CC Staff

The room is note ready at the arrival time

• 15th Jul 2015

Thanks for taking the time to review! Check in time at the hostel is 3 PM. Sorry if that was unclear. If you arrive before 3 we will gladly store your bags in our pack room. We cannot check you into a room earlier than 3 PM as the rooms need to be cleaned. Our awesome housekeeping staff works hard from check out time at 11 AM until 3 PM to make sure all the rooms are clean and tidy! Hopefully you had fun in our amazing city and hopefully we'll see you next time! Cheers, Kelsey HI CC Staff

This hostel is really good. Friendly staff in convenience location. Also very cleaning bathroom. Important thing is they gave us new shower curtain every single of day! But the neighborhood is kind of dangerous, which is the only bad thing I think.

The hostel was really nice and clean. Nice breakfast and staff. Did not like that there were so much homeless people in San Francisco. They were everywhere and you could find needles in the street. Many slept and took drugs nearby the hostel. They never did anything to us but it did not feel ok. The security in the hostel was good. The problem was when you were sightseeing in the city.

Hostel was clean, friendly atmosphere & staff were friendly & very helpful The only downside is the area it is in! Not the best location

• 8th Jul 2015

As a solo female traveller, I didn't feel very safe coming back to this hostel late at night as the street it's on is populated by a lot of homeless people. I ended up only staying one night and then moving to the downtown hostel. Apart from that it was a good stay - free breakfast and friendly people!

Thanks for your review! Sorry to hear you didn't feel safe walking around in our neighborhood. Sadly, there are a lot of homeless in the Tenderloin due to many of their services being located nearby. However, we definitely want guests to feel comfortable exploring the city! Staff are more than happy to provide the best routes and the places to avoid. Aside from that, I hope you enjoyed our hostel, the onsite bar and hopefully an event or two! Safe travels! Kelsey HI CC STAFF

Great Place and Staff, liked the ambiance, everything was clean. They have a good breakfast, and the option for eggs or pancakes is good. internet was slow in bedroom. Was at the 6th floor. Would recommend and would stay there again.

The only one fruit per person thing was a little bit disappointed taking into account that you could everything else you wanted and you could take as much as you wanted

• 7th Jul 2015
  • Switzerland

Very nice hostel. Location could be better though, since the area is kind of shady.

I really enjoyed my stay inbthis Hostel, pretty good building and great breakfast... the neighborhood at first I thought that it was dangerous because there were a lot of homeless walking around but I realized that the all city was like that so...

The staff was very helpful and friendly all the time. Breakfast was alright, they had Bagels and oatmeal, there was also the option to get pancakes or eggs for one dollar each. It was clean and the kitchen was good for cooking. There are a aome weirdos out in this area, but you can get along with it and there is easy access to the public transportations.

• 2nd Jul 2015

Really good attention, thanks so much.

• 30th Jun 2015
  • Argentina

Good times and a great deal on breakfast! 4 delicious pancakes for a dollar--that's worth gettin' up for.

This otherwise fine hostel is located in a dodgy part of the CIty and is a goodly hike from the center of it, reckoning the center as Powell and Market. There is a trolley coach route, No. 31, a block and a half away that one can use once one figures out where to board it on Market street and what times it runs. Aside from the location this is fine place and highly recommended.

Best hostel I've stayed so far in USA. Very clean. They even had a tea master showing people how to properly drink tea. Breakfast was very, very good. I recommend it hands down. On the down side the street where it is located is not very good and they don't have a laundry. Other than that very good.

• 22nd Jun 2015

Thanks for your review! Anthony, our events coordinator, grew up in Chinatown and learned all about the art of tea from the masters! I hope you were able to take part in his free Chinatown tour. If not, a must next time. He loves to share his favorite spots and take you off the beaten path to the treasures of the neighborhood. I admit, the Tenderloin can seem dodgy but there are hidden gems (and plenty of laundromats) that our staff safely direct you to. Hope to see you again! Kelsey HICC

특히 여직원의 미소와 친절이 이뻤음

Everything was well organised and anything requested or asked was promptly done. There were times when staff, busy with check-ins or outs were asked for help by others and they were always obliging. After a very long time , I found a hostel with just the right pillow for me but alas I have to mention a gripe that may be about my partcular bed- 308/4 it springs seems to have metal fatigue and as a result the bed was sagging. May be just a quarter inch thick plywood sheet is all it requires.

I stayed two nights in a 4 female dorm while attending a meeting. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The general atmosphere in the hostel was very family-like and pleasant, much more comfortable than a "normal" hotel/motel. The shared kitchen is great. I would stay again! A chair in each room would be nice. Sure is good to breathe the fresh air at home now!!

• 21st Jun 2015

Thanks for your review! We love it when guests feel at home in our cozy, quirky City Center. Anthony and staff work hard to keep the hostel looking and feeling homey in a delightfully macabre way. Hopefully you were able to hang out in our bar and try some CA beer and wine...if not, there's always next time. :) Safe travels and we hope to see you in the future! Cheers, Kelsey HI CC Staff

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4