HI San Francisco - City Center Reviews

685 Ellis Street, CA 94109, San Francisco, USA

I loved this hostel. It was probably one of my favourites. The atmosphere was so cool, the staff were super nice and helpful and it was in a great location to access all parts of San Francisco. The only downside was that it is located in a kind of sketchy area at night time, but the security in the hostel is great.

We stayed at the hostel for two nights and except the location everything was good! The area seem to be very poor and a lot of homeless people are living on the streets! It was okay walking down the streets on daytime but Not really in the dark! I was glad being there with friends. Although everything else was good I wouldn't stay here again!

Had an amazing stay :)

Great facilities in a slightly sketchy side of town. Had the staff been a little more welcoming, my stay would've been fantastic

• 14th Jan 2016

I had a really good time at the hostel, people were really friendly! I highly recommend this hostel ! Have Fun in San Francisco !!

Great breakfast, above the average, but...could include fruits (that was missing...)

It was my first time staying at a hostel and it was definitely a great one! Staff were friendly and very welcoming. Rooms were clean. I also met cool people from all over the world. It was a great experience.

• 12th Jan 2016

The best hostel I've stayed in so far - super clean and modern, with very atmospheric and comfy public spaces! Free brekfast, en suite and a bar are all greatly appreciated.

• 5th Jan 2016
  • Russia

Thanks for the review! We love it when guests take advantage of our bar and common spaces! I hope you were able to try all the delicious California beers on tap and/or our fine California Wine. :) We hope to see you next time you're in town! Until then, safe travels! Cheers, Kelsey HICC STAFF

Very good impression. I would love to have a few hooks to hang my clothes next to the bed, and another small shelf next to the pillow, to put alarm clock (ie cellphone, a book, etc).

• 4th Jan 2016
  • Estonia

Not in a very safe area.. Saw 4 drug deal out the front of the hostel, just keep that in mind when traveling alone!

Really nice Hostel. Staff was friendly, evertything was clean. It had a bar, which is always a plus :). The neighborhood is not the best, but just take an Uber if you come home at night and it's fine.

• 2nd Jan 2016
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Your staff was helpful and fun. The space had a great ambiance and you offered excellent amenities. Just dont water down the orange juice so much! haha. Thank you for the stay, I will be back and have already recommended it

• 31st Dec 2015

Really nice hostel - clean and friendly. Warning about the location - Tenderloin is fairly close to everything but don't walk there in the dark because it's quite dodgy

• 31st Dec 2015
  • Wales

Excellent, great and helpful staff, free breakfast, etc. I had a great time there.

The only problem with the hostel is the location. It's not the best part to be at in night time.

Hostel was great, clean and good facilities and breakfast (well worth paying the extra $1 to upgrade to pancakes). Location isn't too far from downtown but is in a quite dodgy area. The receptionist told us a safer way to walk but I still wouldn't do it alone at night.

Don't get me wrong the rooms where expected, but there was a foot smell like feet in the room. Bathrooms could of had counters to put stuff up. And rugs could have been on the floor of the bathrooms.

• 7th Dec 2015

Thanks for the review! Sorry to hear the bathroom wasn't to your liking. The common spaces most always smell nice! ;) Hopefully you didn't spend much time in the room and rather at some of the activities we offer at the hostel. Perhaps the Chinatown tour? Or one of our weekly dinner nights? If not, hopefully you were able to check out the in house bar for Happy Hour and delicious California beer and wine! Safe travels and hope to see you next time! Cheers, Kelsey HICCSTAFF

I loved my time there! The staff was very helpful. The kitchen was clean. My room was clean and neat. The arrangement they have with parking at the hotel nearby was perfect! I hope to get back there sometime with my husband. i was there becasue I needed to catch a plane to get back home. I chose this place for the experience and was not disappointment.

• 6th Dec 2015
  • American Samoa

The internet access was good. The complimentary continental breakfast was good. Pancakes and eggs for purchase was a pleasant surprise & very reasonably priced. The refrigerated food storage area was excellent. The hotel lobby & lounge area is sufficient & comfortable with a very friendly & helpful staff. The mezzanine is convenient & comfortable. The room that I was in, was simple, neat & clean, but not large. Bedding & towels were good. Average lockers. The property was kept very clean.

• 2nd Dec 2015

Great hostel...my first experience at a hostel and it was awesome

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4