HI San Francisco - City Center Reviews

685 Ellis Street, CA 94109, San Francisco, USA

I loved this hostel. It was probably one of my favourites. The atmosphere was so cool, the staff were super nice and helpful and it was in a great location to access all parts of San Francisco. The only downside was that it is located in a kind of sketchy area at night time, but the security in the hostel is great.

We stayed at the hostel for two nights and except the location everything was good! The area seem to be very poor and a lot of homeless people are living on the streets! It was okay walking down the streets on daytime but Not really in the dark! I was glad being there with friends. Although everything else was good I wouldn't stay here again!

Thanks for your review! We're glad you enjoyed the hostel! Sadly, this area does have a lot of services for homeless people so they do tend to hang around in the neighborhood. Though it's not necessarily dangerous, it can be overwhelming and sad to see, especially if you're not used to it. Our staff are at the desk 24/7 to show you the best routes to take and those to avoid. On the plus side, our hood boasts some of the tastiest, cheap food around so hopefully you were able to get some good eats! Cheers, Kelsey HI CC STAFF

För det priset i "lyxrummet" blev jag besviken. Men det värsta var att rummet var freezing cold. Jag åkte därifrån med en kraftig förkylning .

• 27th Jan 2016
  • Sweden

Had an amazing stay :)

Sin comentarios adicionales.

• 22nd Jan 2016
  • Argentina

Breakfast is awesome.I love it.

Great facilities in a slightly sketchy side of town. Had the staff been a little more welcoming, my stay would've been fantastic

• 14th Jan 2016

Sorry to hear some of our staff weren't more welcoming. We're generally a friendly bunch and welcome distraction from our computer screens! We're more than happy to show you the best routes to take in our colorful neighborhood. Thanks for your review and safe travels! Cheers, Kelsey HICCSTAFF

I had a really good time at the hostel, people were really friendly! I highly recommend this hostel ! Have Fun in San Francisco !!

Great breakfast, above the average, but...could include fruits (that was missing...)

It was my first time staying at a hostel and it was definitely a great one! Staff were friendly and very welcoming. Rooms were clean. I also met cool people from all over the world. It was a great experience.

• 12th Jan 2016

The best hostel I've stayed in so far - super clean and modern, with very atmospheric and comfy public spaces! Free brekfast, en suite and a bar are all greatly appreciated.

• 5th Jan 2016
  • Russia

Thanks for the review! We love it when guests take advantage of our bar and common spaces! I hope you were able to try all the delicious California beers on tap and/or our fine California Wine. :) We hope to see you next time you're in town! Until then, safe travels! Cheers, Kelsey HICC STAFF

Very good impression. I would love to have a few hooks to hang my clothes next to the bed, and another small shelf next to the pillow, to put alarm clock (ie cellphone, a book, etc).

• 4th Jan 2016
  • Estonia

Not in a very safe area.. Saw 4 drug deal out the front of the hostel, just keep that in mind when traveling alone!

Really nice Hostel. Staff was friendly, evertything was clean. It had a bar, which is always a plus :). The neighborhood is not the best, but just take an Uber if you come home at night and it's fine.

• 2nd Jan 2016
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Your staff was helpful and fun. The space had a great ambiance and you offered excellent amenities. Just dont water down the orange juice so much! haha. Thank you for the stay, I will be back and have already recommended it

• 31st Dec 2015

I travel around the world and I have to say that this hostile it's not bad it's good but there's a few things missing. For example it doesn't have a dance floor, neither TV, or you're not very informational about any Tours to take in San Francisco. But overall it's a pretty good place in the area is OK it's pretty close to everything! Just the homeless people but they don't bother.

Thanks for your review! Sorry to hear you missed out on the TV. We have one in our bar that's open and on from 6 PM-Midnight. Our weekly movie nights are also a good way to get your pop culture fix! There are a few tour companies around SF that we work with and have fliers for but if we're out, the front desk staff are more than happy to recommend tours and supply info! I hope we were able to answer any questions you had! Hope to see you next time! Safe Travels! Kelsey-HICC (Also, any floor can be a dance floor if you try! ;) )

Really nice hostel - clean and friendly. Warning about the location - Tenderloin is fairly close to everything but don't walk there in the dark because it's quite dodgy

• 31st Dec 2015
  • Wales

Excellent, great and helpful staff, free breakfast, etc. I had a great time there.

Ein großer Raum zum Filmeschauen wäre schön gewesen. Auch schön wäre es gewesen, wenn man "Fremde" mit in die Bar bringen könnte, um sich dort mit Freunden, die nicht im Hostel übernachten, treffen zu können. Sonst muss man immer in teure Bars oder Restaurants gehen

• 24th Dec 2015

Não tenho o que falar de ruim. É em um local fácil para se locomover, o pessoal do hostel é super prestativo e o quarto é bom. Recomendo!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6