HI - San Francisco - Downtown Hostel Reviews

312 Mason Street, San Francisco, USA

1906 Total Reviews

I've been in many hostels, this is one of the best I've ever been in. One little annoyance is that the kitchen shuts down at 10 pm. Otherwise, very clean, fantastic spot, easy access to everything, good breakfast, Great people, comfy beds, stay on the second floor if u can, all the amenities you'll need. Loved it, I will definitely return.

• 17th Nov 2014

Simple, delicious breakfast!

• 9th Nov 2014

Staff were very rude daily. Decent room toilets always smelt and were dirty.

• 8th Nov 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Great place if you visit San Francisco just for fun or as a student for a conference in nearby hotels (Hilton, Parc 55 Wyndham, etc.) Easily reachable via BART (Powell Station) from SFO airport and others. Two more hints: (1) rent a bike or take bus 31 or 38 westbound to reach Golden Gate Park or Lands End Park, and walk via the Coastal Trail through the Presidio to the Golden Gate Bridge - the views are gorgeous. (2) If you plan to visit Alcatraz, make sure to reserve your ticket ahead of time!

Very easy to get to via the Bart system from the airport followed by a short walk. Biked the Golden Gate Bridge with L who is fantastic! Could do with better seating in the hallways outside the rooms like the boston hi

this hostel is in a great part of the city - lots of great food and shops nearby, and easy access to transit. the rooms are set up so well. each bunk has its own outlets and lights, and there are large personal storage lockers right in the rooms. having linens and towels supplied was a nice touch, and a free breakfast is always appreciated.

Great place, comfortable and clean. Easy to get to and close to BART. A little far from some typical SF attractions, but generally a great place.

위치가 시내 중심가ㅏ 찾기 쉽고 쇼핑하기 좋지만 잠ㄹ 잘때 시끄러워요 밤늦게까지 차들이 지나가고 홈리스들이 소리치고요

Great stay at HI downtown hostel. Will definitely be staying there again if I find myself in San Francisco. Bella Rutka working the front desk was the best! Took care of me checking in even gave me some pointers on good food in the area.

Good hostel in a great location. Staff are quite unhelpful.

I traveled alone so my priority were safety and location. They have great facilities, and they clean the place every day! For the people who must sleep in a quiet place, it is not the best choice though. However, I slept well and the place was awesome!!

• 30th Oct 2014
  • South Korea

We stayed only 2 nights, but the staff tried to put the whole group (about 15 people) in the same rooms. Very friendly staff, central location, clean, a lot of facilities (laundry, kitchen, TV room, WiFi etc...), interesting activities --> perfect hostel!

• 30th Oct 2014
  • Switzerland

Uncomfortable room, no amenities

The hostel is very well situated and it includes a bagel breakfast which was very nice. The only problem was that while rearranging my friend, they kicked me on the Checkout List and removed my stuff. However, since this was an error, the refunded my that night and appologized. i did not have to complain at all. Very good service. Errors can happen and therefore my rating is still very good.

Over the last months I stayed in over 50 hostels around the world. This hostel has without a doubt been one of the bests I've ever been into! I have been surprised by so many things the hostel offered! Absolutely loved spending a few days there! HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

Right in the centre of SF, White clean bedings, free quality white towels, very good breakfast, only wish their was any protein like egg. really liked the fruits( orange, banana apple). Big kitchen. i stayed in large 4bed ensuit, on the hall of the 4th floor there are another 2 toilets n a big bathroom that you never find in 5star hotels. i have never relaxed in a bath tub in any hostel except this one. God bless the cleaners. please don't spend your money going to New York, quality hostel is

Everything it was very clean, staff were very helpful and friendly.

Overall experience was very nice. Taking into account the location and cleanliness, together with the price, it was really a hostel above average standards. Guests maintened the facilities clean and were in general very quiet. I would not mind having some more air ventilation , but the beds were comfortable. For a person looking for an economical solution of accommodation, I would definitely recommend. Staff was extremely nice.

• 24th Oct 2014
  • Slovakia

My most favorite hostel stay ever!

Great location, great brekkie. Helpful staff. Just super expensive for a hostel.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7