HI - San Francisco - Downtown Hostel Reviews

312 Mason Street, San Francisco, USA

Great hostel, above average breakfasts (all u can eat bagels, cream cheese, jam,pb, coffee, oj!) only drawback is being expensive.

I enjoyed my stay at the Hostel but, i dont like the carpets in the rooms. They should make the place more modern specially the bathrooms. It is ok if changing the inside look change the price but at least it will feel more new and clean. It kind of feels dirty but it is ok for a few days. The locations is really good, its close to all the shops and close to the Trolleys Last Stop :). I hope this review its helpful.

I've stayed at this hostel before. The location is definitely my favorite part of it. It's comfortable and the staff were able to accommodate me though my travel plans changed last minute on a very busy weekend. I appreciate that a lot and it made my trip, stay and experience enjoyable.

Great stay! Just to recommend!

• 26th Jun 2015
  • Austria

Excellent fresh breakfast, staff was friendly and helpful.

• 25th Jun 2015

A wonderful hostel to be staying in in SF! Do keep a lookout for the daily activities lined up and don't miss the Thursday pub crawls!

Attractive building in a great location. Very busy staff but they have time for everyone. Clean comfortable dorms. Breakfast included. Everything you could want in a hostel, including the activities The only negative was that the prices went up because I was there for Gay Pride week.

I have no problems with this hostel, there is a nice atmosphere, staff really helpful, the walking tours and hostel events are nice but it was the most expense hostel I was in USA, but since it is in San Francisco... you can expected it.

Great hostel! Love that they include towel, linens, breakfast, and there's even free coffee and earplugs in the lobby. It's just wonderful when there are things like that to try to make your travels a bit easier and your stay a bit more comfortable. Not to mention the staff are super wonderful and helpful, there are great events they host throughout the week, and the hostel feels very secure. It's a shame it's not in a "nicer" area, but clear instructions on which streets to avoid really helps.

Very friendly and acccomadating. I would definately stay there again. Great location

• 23rd Jun 2015

Really good location, great friendly staff, lots of different activities going on and very comfortable beds. One issue we had was that the room we had was on a corner overlooking a very busy junction and the windows are pretty thin so sleeping was a bit if an issue, though free ear plugs are provided so the second night was much easier!

• 22nd Jun 2015
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Can't say enough good things about this hostel. I had such a wonderful experience and everyone went out of their way to make sure that we were all having a good time.

WE STAY ROOM NUMBER 413 THAT ROOM SMELL WAS.T GOOD.

Had a great short stay. Location was great and breakfast was delicious.

• 16th Jun 2015

The only issue I have with this hostel is that despite the hostel changing out the mattresses in each room I still had what I considered to be bedbug bites across my neck and left hand during my stay at this hostel. I complained to the hostel manager and staff and was told my room would be inspected and I'd be followed up with during my stay. Didn't happen. The manager waited until I left the hostel and was home for a week before he sent me an email to apologize for not following up with me.

• 15th Jun 2015

We were visiting San Francisco on a holiday and location of the hostel was great and it was so easy to find! We stayed in an ensuite double room which was really spacious! It was cleaned everyday. The shower is disappointing and made for short people. Breakfast was great and very generous. Recommend the hostel

10/10 would stay here again, by far some of the nicest people to ever look after me. The facilities were better then some hotels, San Fran was amazing and mostly due to this place

Staff were really great, we felt at home.

• 9th Jun 2015
  • New Zealand
  • Couple, 41+

I was pleased to stay at SF Downtown, one of the best hostels i've been to :)

Pros- reading lights and power points above each bed. Free breakfast. Good central location near public transport. ($13 taxi to fishermans wharf). Cons- very loud street noise, bring ear plugs. The tenderloin district isn't as sketchy as some people say. Yes there are some homeless people, but my friend and I walked around alone at all hours and had no issues.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5