HI - San Francisco - Downtown Hostel Reviews

312 Mason Street, San Francisco, USA

Great location- the room we had was quiet and comfortable. The breakfast is limited to bagels, fruit, and instant oatmeal. It would be nice to have more variety in the menu including a non-peanut butter protein. We would definitely stay here again.

• 26th Apr 2015
  • Couple, 41+

The hostel is conveniently situated close to public transit. There are social activities pretty much every day and excellent opportunities to meet new people. The rooms are clean with plenty of storage space. The common areas like the kitchen or the lounge are hip and let one plan the next trip or process that day's adventures. An additional plus is that there are guests of all ages, so it doesn't have a frat party/spring break feel. Highly recommended!

The shower, the shower, the shower, you have to pull the lining of the faucet for it to come on! Weirest shower ever. And what about the toilet-faucet? My hands didn't smell poopy after washing them. This sink water the same water used to flush the toilet. Needmore places to sit and do wifi!

Great location for shopping or music venues. I've stayed here multiple times; while it may not be the cheapest in town, I've always felt safe. Love the huge under bed lockers; provide a secure way to store stuff and ensure you're not tripping over everything. Love the plug/USB access for each bed. Breakfast is good: bagels, fruit, oatmeal, tea/coffee. Just bring earplugs; you're in the city.

It´s a great place to stay for a week. Central hostel. No doubt to recommend anyone, of all ages, to go to this hostel.

rough neighborhood, awesome hostel though! i had a blast but with all those homesless and drug addicts around there, definitely not the safest of areas in SF best hostel i've been at in the states, en par with int'l ones!

I enjoyed my stay at this hostel! Excellent location, close to transit, restaurants and shops. Helpful staff. Everything was very clean, breakfast was delicious (bagels, oatmeal, fruit and coffee) and I also appreciated the filtered water machines. I especially enjoyed the large bathtub (with very HOT water) in my ensuite room. The only possible negatives was the street noise and the old, slow elevator. Would stay here again!

Mattress aren't comfortable More breakfast options

Such a great hostel, lovely staff, lots of new people to meet due to so many rooms! Breakfast included and is nice!

• 6th Apr 2015

I stay at the Hostel when the SF VA facility does not have over night stays available. I am never disappointed - The staff are always courteous and go to the max to help. The rooms are always clean. I really like having the Downtown SF Hostel available.

• 31st Mar 2015

Very Expensive private room Nice location, average breakfast (bagels only)

Dining area too small to handle nos.

Kinda spendy but I felt safe and the hostel is nice. Good showers. Clean bathrooms and bedding. Breakfast is good especially for free. Don't park in parking garage across from hostel it's way overpriced. Did find it a bit odd we roomed with like a 70 year old woman. it's also not within walking distance to pier or China town. About 5 to 10 min drive.

Good hostel and the staff are very friendly and provide an excellent service. I think the hostel would benefit from more and better toilet and shower facilities however the rest of the hostel is comfortable and modern. Really big lockable storage under the beds for all your items!

thank you for the hospitality and the kindness as always. i did enjoyed my stay. thank you

I have never stayed at a better, cleaner, safer, and most friendliest hostel. It was like my friends and I were in a room that no one has stayed in before. Everything was so clean and perfect. The staff was incredibly nice from the first encounter when we were early and they let us store our bags for free, to the last moment when my bag accidently fell down a flight of stairs in the luggage room and one of the nicest hostel staff went down and carried it all the way back upstairs. Thank you!!!!

• 17th Mar 2015

Airport shuttle arrangement was wonderful!

Nice hostel, clean, great facilities, and seems to attract a good crowd. My main issue was paying the extra for a private room only to share one wall with the kitchen, and two other walls with bathrooms and showers. You'd get a better sleep in a dorm. Not worth the (substantial amount of) money.

Great place stay, wish Id stayed longer, will definitely stay here again next time I'm in San Francisco.

The best Hostel in San Fran. Don't stay on the Internacional Hostel, go to this place instead: Downton HI Hostel!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5