HI - San Francisco - Downtown Hostel Reviews

312 Mason Street, San Francisco, USA

Great location, great brekkie. Helpful staff. Just super expensive for a hostel.

Double room had triple bunk bed. 4 person dorm was a bit cramped. Breakfast was nice and location of the hostel was very central. Questionable value for money on the double room. Dorm was reasonably priced.

• 18th Oct 2014

A great hostel, in a great location. Happy to stay and will come again! Had a private room which was lovely, clean and slept surprisingly well, it was very quiet at night even though the hostel was busy.

The air in the room may get a bit stuffy due to lack of ventilation in the room. However, everything was awesome. I love the lounge, btw!

Place stinks, staff weren't very helpful

• 15th Oct 2014

They painted the closet while the room was full of people. You can imagine the smell of painting. The hostel was fully booked so there was no room available for changing. They charged 3 USD more per day due to a membership of hosteling international. This was not in the payment that hostelworld originally sent me. If you don't take into account this 2 facts, the hostel was quite good though.

Incredible Hostel, located right in the middle of the good stuff. Staff is wonderful, security is perfect, the breakfast area has a wonderful view, there are plenty bathrooms and are always clean. It's the best experience I've ever had with a Hostel so far! Would definetely stay again

• 12th Oct 2014
  • Uruguay

Just an all round good hostel, can't complain! Great place to stay, keep up the good work!

• 11th Oct 2014

Staff are less then friendly or helpful. Very loud outside all night long. Great location and fun things to do

• 10th Oct 2014

Great place, friendly staff and guests, clean, welcoming.

• 9th Oct 2014

We have stayed at a few American Hostels and this one was exactly what we had wanted and expected in a inner city hostel. The sleeping room was clean, the bedding was clean, the restrooms were clean. The staff was friendly, enjoyable and knowledgeable of the area. The kitchen was a well organized commercial grade kitchens and the atmosphere of the eating area was comfortable. However..if your expecting this location to be a "hotel" and you would rate it as such, don't bother going..it's a hostle

• 9th Oct 2014

We really enjoyed our stay at the DTH. Great location and the staff were very helpful. There is another International hostel two blocks away and that confusion caused a booking problem for a friend. I saw the warning note online he didn't so the name thing is an issue.

• 8th Oct 2014
  • All Male Group, 41+

Clean and comfortable accommodation in the heart of san francisco. Who would need more?

• 8th Oct 2014
  • South Africa

Lovely time at this amazing hostel! Staff are super helpful. Make sure you check out the tours they offer, perfect if you are traveling alone. Everything is well equipped and clean. Location is central to everything. This will be my go-to place when I come back to San Fran in the future! Big thank you to all the staff, you guys are amazing!

• 7th Oct 2014

Absolutely awesome hostel, rooms were great. Had an awesome warm vibe and the staff were great! I was very comfortable staying there. There are a few homeless people in the area but are mainly a nuisance and I always felt safe.

• 7th Oct 2014

We started in a private room/shared bath which was old but comfortable. The bathrooms were clean. Breakfast was bagels and fruit and it was plenty for us. The best thing is the location though, everything is super easy access including BART, cable cars, etc. Im not sure how the mixed dorms are but I would definitely stay in a private room there again.

I had an amazing time at this hostel. I stayed in 2 hostels in LA and San Fran and this one was by far the best. One of the employees Ashley, went above and beyond my expectations and helped out so much with getting around (she walked us to the bart after her shift was done). She even printed me a map with directions so that I could catch my air port shuttle in good time.

Great hostel! The staff was super friendly and the breakfast was awesome. There's also lots of tours put on by the hostel and lots of common space so you can meet lots of other travelers. The location is a noisy at night but that's what will happen downtown. It was the most expensive hostel I've ever stayed at but SF is crazy expensive. I'd definitely stay here again.

Great hostel, very clean, well run, good breakfast -- the downtown location is central and very convenient to public transportation, but a bit sketchy at night. Be sure to stay in well-lit and populated areas if you are alone.

Very good accomodation and a perfect location! breakfast was really fun!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7