HI - San Francisco - Downtown Hostel Reviews

312 Mason Street, San Francisco, USA

rough neighborhood, awesome hostel though! i had a blast but with all those homesless and drug addicts around there, definitely not the safest of areas in SF best hostel i've been at in the states, en par with int'l ones!

I enjoyed my stay at this hostel! Excellent location, close to transit, restaurants and shops. Helpful staff. Everything was very clean, breakfast was delicious (bagels, oatmeal, fruit and coffee) and I also appreciated the filtered water machines. I especially enjoyed the large bathtub (with very HOT water) in my ensuite room. The only possible negatives was the street noise and the old, slow elevator. Would stay here again!

Such a great hostel, lovely staff, lots of new people to meet due to so many rooms! Breakfast included and is nice!

• 6th Apr 2015

I stay at the Hostel when the SF VA facility does not have over night stays available. I am never disappointed - The staff are always courteous and go to the max to help. The rooms are always clean. I really like having the Downtown SF Hostel available.

• 31st Mar 2015

Very Expensive private room Nice location, average breakfast (bagels only)

Dining area too small to handle nos.

Kinda spendy but I felt safe and the hostel is nice. Good showers. Clean bathrooms and bedding. Breakfast is good especially for free. Don't park in parking garage across from hostel it's way overpriced. Did find it a bit odd we roomed with like a 70 year old woman. it's also not within walking distance to pier or China town. About 5 to 10 min drive.

Good hostel and the staff are very friendly and provide an excellent service. I think the hostel would benefit from more and better toilet and shower facilities however the rest of the hostel is comfortable and modern. Really big lockable storage under the beds for all your items!

thank you for the hospitality and the kindness as always. i did enjoyed my stay. thank you

I have never stayed at a better, cleaner, safer, and most friendliest hostel. It was like my friends and I were in a room that no one has stayed in before. Everything was so clean and perfect. The staff was incredibly nice from the first encounter when we were early and they let us store our bags for free, to the last moment when my bag accidently fell down a flight of stairs in the luggage room and one of the nicest hostel staff went down and carried it all the way back upstairs. Thank you!!!!

• 17th Mar 2015

Airport shuttle arrangement was wonderful!

Nice hostel, clean, great facilities, and seems to attract a good crowd. My main issue was paying the extra for a private room only to share one wall with the kitchen, and two other walls with bathrooms and showers. You'd get a better sleep in a dorm. Not worth the (substantial amount of) money.

Great place stay, wish Id stayed longer, will definitely stay here again next time I'm in San Francisco.

The best Hostel in San Fran. Don't stay on the Internacional Hostel, go to this place instead: Downton HI Hostel!

possibly one of the fanciest hostels i've ever been to. high tech bunk bed frames and spacious rooms.

Almost everything works fine here. It's just bothering they charge $3 per night for not being "member" of Hi Hostels.

The location was great! Walking distance to Union Square, Macy's and Powell Station. Very accessible too. The staff were super nice. They provided me with great information and check in and out was a breeze. The atmosphere was nice too but it could get a tad bit noisy especially at the 2nd floor where lots of people gather around. Otherwise, facilities and cleanliness of the room were great! i would stay here again.

• 28th Feb 2015
  • Singapore

Stayed here for a night while in town. Beds have lockable lockers under them (bring a padlock) and the bathrooms and showers were clean. In a big building in an excellent location - great base for SF.

This is more of the more fun HI Hostels I have stayed in. It's a beautiful old building with excellent facilities. The kitchen/dining area was massive, there's washrooms all over and great common rooms. Would definitely stay again.

The room and public spaces are good. Staffs are quite friendly and helpful.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5