HI - San Francisco - Downtown Hostel Reviews

312 Mason Street, San Francisco, USA

2082 Total Reviews

We started in a private room/shared bath which was old but comfortable. The bathrooms were clean. Breakfast was bagels and fruit and it was plenty for us. The best thing is the location though, everything is super easy access including BART, cable cars, etc. Im not sure how the mixed dorms are but I would definitely stay in a private room there again.

I had an amazing time at this hostel. I stayed in 2 hostels in LA and San Fran and this one was by far the best. One of the employees Ashley, went above and beyond my expectations and helped out so much with getting around (she walked us to the bart after her shift was done). She even printed me a map with directions so that I could catch my air port shuttle in good time.

Great hostel! The staff was super friendly and the breakfast was awesome. There's also lots of tours put on by the hostel and lots of common space so you can meet lots of other travelers. The location is a noisy at night but that's what will happen downtown. It was the most expensive hostel I've ever stayed at but SF is crazy expensive. I'd definitely stay here again.

Great hostel, very clean, well run, good breakfast -- the downtown location is central and very convenient to public transportation, but a bit sketchy at night. Be sure to stay in well-lit and populated areas if you are alone.

1 2 3 4 5 6 Next » last »