HI-San Francisco Downtown (Union Square) Reviews

312 Mason Street, San Francisco, USA

Location and location! Good hostel with lots of events!

Really good hostel, clean and well run.

Hostel was generally very good - friendly and helpful staff, nice breakfast, comfortable room, great location. Only minor criticisms were that several of the toilets and showers were out of order, so it was hard to find one at peak times in the morning. Also, some of the locks weren't working well - I apologise profusely to the lady I accidentally walked in on in the shower.

Very helpful staff and perfect location :)

Eh place was okay. I mean it's super clean and safe and the food is good but not the best place to meet people. Multiple nights went to the common room and everyone was just on there iphones or ipads and no one was talking to anyone...isn't that the point of hostels? To talk to people? I don't it may just have been my experience but wasn't the friendliest hostel or best place to meet people and the Asian guy receptionist was rude multiple times, not sure why, the rest of the staff was very nice.

Great; safe location, helpful staff, good value for the area, and clean and tidy. The only thing is the showers seemed to be out of order a lot, but it wasn't a problem as there was always a spare one. There are lots of free tours, and there is a taco night which is $5 with a beer too! Free healthy breakfast. A big thumbs up.

• 10th Nov 2013

The staff didn't seem to be good at helping to find things to do other than drink.

The only complaint I would have about this hostel is that the showers were quite dirty but not the worst I've seen. Location is awesome, the rooms were clean, beds and pillows were comfy. Free breakfast was pretty good as well!

This was pretty much all round a good hostel. They had a lot of social events, nice breakfast, good location, secure, sinks in the bedrooms, big kitchen and large seating/TV areas. The floor I was on only had 2 toilets and 2 showers (others were being fixed) but didn't really turn out to be a problem and they were usually clean. Also, a slight warning, they put the prices up quite a lot if they are getting full!

Awesome hostel! The included breakfast is fantastic, the staff are great, and the rooms are clean and comfortable. I would totally stay here again when I'm back in San Francisco :)

We genuinely appreciate your positive feedback. It's fantastic to hear you had such a great stay with us in San Francisco. From the bottom of our hearts, we look forward to hosting you again in the future.

very pleased -- fantastic location, value, and cleanliness!

Thank you tremendously for your review. It made my day to hear you received the level of service that we strive so greatly to provide 24/7. We hope to have you back for any future San Francisco adventures.

I spent a very pleasant week here with two friends in a three-bed private room. The hostel was clean, the staff were friendly, the location was fantastic, and the breakfast was very good. The free coffee that's always available in the lobby was the icing on the cake. If I was really pedantic I'd have a moan about the water pressure in the showers. But I'm not, so I won't.

The Hostel is very well located. Just a block away from Union Square, with a lot of shops and cool places to eat. The staff is friendly and the hostela has a lot of activities.

It was a great experience, thank you so much. Very friendly staff, the location of the hostel was perfect, the vibe of the place was also great, the place was clean, the prices are very good for what you guys offer and the services also were top quality. The only suggestion i have, is that it could be better if you offered different kind of breakfast for the mornings. Gabriel

• 28th Oct 2013
  • Mexico

Had the best time in SF. Superb staff, very friendly, amazing location...perfect place!

1 2 3 Next » last »