Superb 3,032 Total Reviews
Superb 3,032 Total Reviews
HI San Francisco - Downtown Located at 312 Mason Street, , San Francisco.
USA
San Francisco CA CA, 94102 312 Mason Street
91% 3032
37.7865212 -122.4096465
    Rooms available

• England, Female, 31-40
22nd Jul 2016

Great staff, very helpful and friendly.

Thanks, I am very happy to hear you enjoyed your time with us!

21st Jul 2016

Very happy with my stay, would highly recommend it to anyone that wants to stay at a hostel in SF. I've also been to other hostels in SF but this one is the best I've been to here!

5.4

Horrible laundry machines, there's Only 2 washer machines in the entire building & 1 was broken!!! Then on my last day Both were broken!! Lately HI Hostels are raising their prices and the quality continues to get worst and worst. Also, for breakfast it was bagels Every Single Day! With banana or apple. The cheapest and u healthiest breakfast. Other Hi hostel provides fresh pancakes with fresh fruits such as blue berries/strawberries. The area is in the most ghetto and sketchy block of downtown!

• USA, All Female Group, 25-30
21st Jul 2016

Good area although it's close to the Tenderloin district where I wouldn't walk alone at night. The rooms were a little small but the bunks had large lockers and privacy with outlets and lights in each. Breakfast was very busy and packed but everyone was easy to talk to! It was a bit expensive but I guess that's just how San Francisco is.

• USA, Female, 41+
20th Jul 2016

Fabulous location and staff

Thank you!

19th Jul 2016

Nice hostel in a great location. It's very close to a lot of restaurants and shops. It's also walking distance from some famous SF sights and things to do. I did the pub crawl on Thursday night which was quite fun!

Great to hear you had a fun time on the pub crawl, it is one of our most popular events!

• Australia, Female, 18-24
19th Jul 2016
6.0

Really disappointed. Checked in, dropped my stuff off and then went out for the night. Came back to hop into my bed and there was someone in it and I had been double booked. I was then moved to another room only to have a girl come in, in the morning and tell me I was in her bed and I'd been double booked again meaning I had to leave the hostel early. I'd like a refund or part refund because this is so unacceptable. The guy on the night shift was extremely rude and unhelpful as well.

Hi, thank you letting us know about this. This is very disappointing for us as well, and the fact that you had two issues with your bed assignment during your stay is, frankly, ridiculous. The Front Desk Manager and I are going over this with staff today to avoid any further incidents. I will reach out to you today and we will of course give you a full refund. Again, thanks for bringing this to our attention! -Andy, Assistant General Manager

18th Jul 2016

It was lovely. Wish there were more seats in the Internet lounge but what can you do? It's a very nice place. Well kept and colorful !

• New Zealand, Male, 41+
18th Jul 2016

Very very good. A little pricy but considering the location and all the other good things about it, it was really good

• Thailand, Female, 25-30
16th Jul 2016
5.1

Great for location and staff. Good that breakfast is provided. However, room was not so clean, a little musty smelling in the room. Bathroom was not enough, there are only 2 bathroom/floor. There is no locker, so it's not that safe for your stuff.