HI San Francisco - Downtown

Superb 3677 Total Reviews
9.0
Superb 3677 Total Reviews

20th Mar 2017

The stay was great, the facilities were clean and well kept. The single bathrooms were large and had tons of hooks, shelves and places to put things which I found useful that not all hostels have. Unfortunately the elevator was broken so we had to lug our heavy bags up and down six flights of stairs.

• Germany, Female, 18-24
18th Mar 2017

Very clean rooms, comfortable beds, a shower more per floor would be practical. Very satisfied in general!

• USA, Female, 18-24
16th Mar 2017

Loved this hostel! The breakfast was great, people were friendly and had lots of suggestions for places to eat and see. This was my first time staying in a hostel so thank you HI San Francisco Downtown for making it great!

15th Mar 2017

This was my 1st stay at a HI property & my 1st hostel experience within the US. Compared to the other hostels in the surrounding downtown area this one is the best. While exploring the area on foot, I passed the other hostels & they looked downright frightful. The place is clean & atmosphere is very laid-back. However, I was freezing at night & I didn't see any AC, so I have no clue how they cool the place during the summer. Free breakfast is good but basic. I definitely would stay here again.

12th Mar 2017

The only problem was noise on the street during the night, but I guess that is normal for the area.

• Argentina, Male, 25-30
11th Mar 2017

Everything OK

• USA, Female, 18-24
8th Mar 2017

This was the first time staying at a hostel and was skeptical but The staff were all helpful and knowledgeable of the city. They were eager to get residents involved in excursions and hostel outings. The rooms were clean and organized. I felt safe leaving my belongings there for the day. The other residents were all willing to mingle and create new friendships. I would highly suggest this hostel and location to anyone going through SF.

7th Mar 2017

No doubts: The best hostel I have been!

• Scotland, Couple, 31-40
4th Mar 2017
7.7

We had a very comfortable stay. The facilities were good and the staff were quite helpful, although I can't say there was a very proactive attitude from the staff to engage with the guests. One suggestion would be to find a different company to provide an airport shuttle service - we were booked with Lorrie's Airport Shuttle via the hostel and the service was a bit 3rd world!

• New Zealand, Couple, 41+
4th Mar 2017

One of the BEST hostel experiences we've had. Breakfasts are great, staff is fantastic and helpful. We had a room with en suite, a good size, fun wall decorations. Make the most of the excellent and free tours the hostel provides, among the best we've done. Hostel is quiet, but expect street noise, this is SFO after all.