HI San Francisco - Downtown

Fabulous 3609 Total Reviews
Fabulous 3609 Total Reviews

9th Feb 2017

It was a good hostel for the price you pay.

3rd Feb 2017

Great hostel, perfect location, awesome people. Highly recommended!

3rd Feb 2017

Very nice hostel to stay in San Francisco! It is located in downtown, close to Union Square and many key points of the city. Safe (access cards to open room and drawer for each bed), well structured (bed with individual outlet, usb, light and towel/bed sheet/duvet) and clean. Breakfast with a few options but it was enough for me. Staff always attentive. During weekends, depending on the room position, may be a little noising due to parties and movements on the street.

Hey Thanks! I am happy to hear you enjoyed your time with us.

29th Jan 2017

I thoroughly enjoyed my recent stay at HI Downtown San Francisco. In all honesty, I am extremely frugal traveler. Most would even accuse me of being a penny pincher. That said, for years I went out of my way to save the few extra dollars on places that were not as centrally located as the HI hostels or that offer less amenities. After years of hostel hopping, I have come to realize that the HIs are the best deal for the money spent. I especially appreciate their efforts to foster community.

29th Jan 2017

So comfy 🙂

great to hear!

• Russell_Coight
  • Australia, Male, 18-24
26th Jan 2017

Overall it's a great hostel, everything was clean and free breakfast was great. 6 bed dorm was quite small when people were pulling draws out trying to get ready but could be worse. Hostel activities weren't as good as others I've stayed at

24th Jan 2017

Really good place. It's big, which slightly degrades the atmosphere, but hey – that's a really fine point. Comfortable beds, great free breakfast, free coffee and sometimes sweets in the lobby, fast wifi, nice furniture for a hostel. Finally a place with 2 personal outlets over the bed, lamp, usb ports for power, and lots of hooks for stuff. Really liked it there!

• missmie_895629
  • Sweden, Female, 25-30
  • Globetrotter
23rd Jan 2017

I always stay here when I am in SF. Great location. Great bedrooms (I especially like the security boxes under the beds and sturdy beds). The bathrooms are just so-so though - quite old and not always clean.

23rd Jan 2017

I had a great time at HI SF-Downtown. My room was ready when I arrived, so I was able to go right up. Each bed had bedding and a towel, along with a drawer underneath that can be locked if you have a padlock. I stayed in a 4 bed room and we all ended up being solo female travelers. The front desk was great at giving recommendations for where to eat in the city. I 100% recommend you to go on the bike tour arranged by the hostel, it was a great way to meet people and get a nice workout.

• Australia, Female, 18-24
22nd Jan 2017

My stay here was amazing! Met so many people at the activities organised by the hostel. The rooms and bathrooms were really clean as was the kitchen. One of the most organised kitchens i had seen around hostels. Would recommend to everyone that this is a great place to stay.