HI San Francisco - Downtown Reviews

312 Mason Street, San Francisco, USA

The staff was excellent they were friendly and knowledgeable. All of the facilities were clean. The place was very comfortable and it made for a great stay

• 2nd Feb 2016

Great time. Good service. Good advices. Love it. Great great location

• 30th Jan 2016
  • Argentina

Great location close to union square. All the facilities you need are within the hostel. Lots of activities planned. Highly recommend this hostel for your stay in San Francisco.

Very nice hostel with more of a hotel feel (with how nice the rooms and amenities were), but with good organised activities to make it easy to meet other travelers. Taco nights, movie nights and organised tours are just some of the things you can do. Only downside was our bed - it was very soft and as a result uncomfortable to sleep in; i suspect it was just our room though.

Awesome hostel, great staff, great location, warm and cosy, we've been travelling for almost a year so stayed in a lot of hostels and this place is up there as one of the best :)

This isn't the cheapest hostel but is pretty comfortable for the price in an expensive city. My only complaint :someone stole my food from the fridge!

• 23rd Jan 2016

Very clean and had good amenities. Quite a quiet hostel.

Nice hostel. Cleaning staff did not speak english at all, so that was sometimes a problem. Breakfast could vary a little. I was there for 8 days and can't face a bagel for the next few days.

Great hostel that had vibrant guests from all over the world. My only complaint is that the area itself is so busy with noise-pollution at night that if you want a good rest and have to get up early, you should ask for a room away from the windows. I did not exercise this option, but I am sure the hostel would accommodate (a guest changed to our room at close to 12 am after having complained about a drunk dorm mate). Free breakfast (and it's the good kind too) is always plus!

Very good hostel, good activities, good staff and facilities. Would highly recommend staying here.

I had a terrible headache in the middle of the night. I asked the front desk for some Advil but they had none. It would be great if the front desk kept a small first aid kit with this kind of medications.

• 5th Jan 2016
  • Colombia

Sme of the workers of the hostel had a horrible behavior. And they started to ask forfor things that were not on the rules of the hostel. I stayed there for one weekweek. In the morning of the day before I leave, two employees in the morning start asking for a silly piece of paper to show when I could stay. Sorry, the rules talk about showing the card. It really upseted me. They were stupid and ignorant.

I apologize that this experience shadowed your stay with us! It sounds like we could have handled this interaction much better. Our staff is trained to ask to see the pass of any guest they do not immediately recognize. We also ask our guests to show us their key which has this pass attached to it. Showing this piece of paper, while it may seem silly, gives us information so we can control access to the building and ensure that everyone is safe! I am sorry that you had this negative interaction with our staff. -Mike

I stayed in a for bed girls dorm and it was lovely and quiet and comfortable, each bed had a light, shelf and plug. I was impressed by how thorough the staff were when taking bags out of the luggage room, he checked each bag tag as everyone took out their things, most hostels don't bother to tag let alone check them. Only down side was that the hostel had no atmosphere and I found it hard to meet people.

I had a nice time there. Definitely a great memory to remember! highly recommended

• 1st Jan 2016
  • China

Staff could provide information on the area and sights to see etc. No one even offered us a map or anything.

Thank you for the feedback and so sorry to hear you got off to a lackluster start with us! That is a bummer. This is certainly something which our staff are not only trained to do, but also enjoy doing. We love to share our awesome city with travelers. I do hope you were still able to enjoy your time here! Thanks, Michael Foyder, GM

I loved almost everything about this hostel, only the bathroom was freezing cold and the water was only lukewarm. For this reason I probably wouldn't visit the hostel again, at least not in winter, because the bathroom and water were so cold that I couldn't wash my hair.

Thank you so much for bringing these issues to our attention and giving us the opportunity to address these issues. I do very much apologize for any inconvenience this caused you. I am really happy to hear that you loved everything else!

Very cool hostel. Will definately come back!

• 18th Dec 2015
  • Denmark

Ir was a great experience, The hotel is very well located with excelent services

• 18th Dec 2015
  • Mexico

Excellent location. Stayed in a private room with private ensuite and don't have any complaints. The bed was comfortable and the breakfast bagels were delicious.

• 14th Dec 2015

One of the best hostel I've ever had the pleasure to visit, and I've seen a few. Great atmosphere, location, lovely dorms and facilities... not much left to improve, except maybe a more varied breakfast. Looking forward to my next visit !

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7