Fabulous 3,558 Total Reviews
Fabulous 3,558 Total Reviews
HI San Francisco - Downtown Located at 312 Mason Street, , San Francisco.
USA
San Francisco CA CA, 94102 312 Mason Street
89% 3558
37.7865212 -122.4096465
    Rooms available

• mayledlin
  • Australia, Female, 18-24
18th Jan 2017

Super helpful staff, felt very welcome. Throughly enjoyed my stay here. 10/10 would recommend

• Argentina, Female, 25-30
16th Jan 2017

Excellent place!

• India, Female, 25-30
14th Jan 2017

Good comfortable stay at the hostel. Great location if you want to move about and explore the city.

• JojoWhitworth
  • USA, Female, 25-30
14th Jan 2017

This is the best hostel ever. The whole place is clean, tidy, and well-organized with tons of helpful signage everywhere, and a great breakfast, and very neat rooms. The bathrooms are clean and the sheets and towels felt really clean which is always so comforting when you're staying in a crowded place with lots of people. The staff were also super friendly and I appreciated all of their helpful advice. I think they have an incredible program going here and highly recommend staying here.

• Australia, Male, 31-40
12th Jan 2017

We stayed in a private room with ensuite, it was clean and well appointed with modern décore and comfortable bed. Location is convenient to most things you'd want to do. Breakfast bagels are a nice touch too.

• Germany, Male, 18-24
12th Jan 2017
6.0

Please provide more variety in your breakfast

• New Zealand, Male, 18-24
11th Jan 2017

Best hostel I have ever stayed in. Loved my time there. Would go back again.

• USA, Female, 25-30
10th Jan 2017

This place was such a steal! A wonderful location, in a perfect place to walk and explore the city. The staff was so helpful! I couldn't have chosen a better place!

• USA, Male, 18-24
9th Jan 2017
6.6

- extremely strict on their rules. Probably the most strict hostel I've ever stayed at. - they made me switch rooms between nights despite availability in my room. - they constantly reprice their rooms, so book ahead of time - I was stuck in a room (my second night) with 3 Australians who came in at midnight, then again at 3 am and made a huge commotion. I couldn't sleep after 3 am. I've stayed at a lot of hostels and never had this sort of problem.

Thanks so much for taking time to provide us with this feedback. I'm very sorry to hear that you experienced this inconvenience mid-stay -- we were quite full during your visit and it looks like staff were not able to keep you in the same room when you extended on the second morning. We really do our best to try to keep guests in the same bed for consecutive nights, but sometimes it's just not possible. As for unruly roommates, we do take guest comfort and quiet hours seriously, and our staff are always happy to resolve any of these issues that come up. I thank you again for your feedback and hope you enjoy safe travels to your next destination! Lydia (Assistant General Manager)

• Australia, Male, 25-30
8th Jan 2017
4.9

1. allocated a bed where someone was already sleeping there! 2. Ambiguous directions: After being informed to take another bed in the same room and settling in for the night (with 6 hours of sleep left before an early morning flight), I was woken up 2 hours later and chastised by a staff member for stealing someone else's bed!! 3. Room was a garbage pile with heating up to volcano levels. 4. Unruly bunk mates. Overall not impressed and would never stay there again!

Hi there, Thanks so much for taking time to leave this feedback for us. We take our guest comfort very seriously here, so I'd like to reach out in a separate email to discuss your experience in a bit more detail. Thanks again, Lydia (Assistant General Manager)