HI - San Francisco - Fisherman's Wharf Hostel Reviews

Building #240, Fort Mason, San Francisco, USA

Great hostel close to the marina and fisherman's wharf area. Safe secure with a great staff! Thanks

Great hostel in a central location. I enjoyed the friendly staff, cool atmosphere (in such an old building in the Fort!), and the free parking! Very social atmosphere and all the facilities you could want. The only issue we had was that our room was directly underneath the Cafe and each morning at 7am it was impossible to keep sleeping as the noise from above was so loud. Other than that, great place to stay!

I left a smartphone battery charging at front desk overnight and at morning it had disappeared. The manager said that would return to be with a solution (has found, give a refund, etc) but I didn't have a return. Need AC outlets at rooms.

great location friendly helpful staff

This is a nice hostel if you don't mind being a bit out of the city center. Fishermans warf is really nice and you can easily walk to the golden gate bridge. Shared facilities such as the kitchen and common room are great.

one of the best hostel I've stayed in and I've traveled all over the world staying in hostels I would recommend it to travelers!!

• 6th Oct 2014

This was the first hostel that I ever stayed so I didn't know what to expect. First impressions it looked ok, location was spotless and the view of the Golden Gate Bridge from the kitchen was to die for. Now the negatives: the main male restroom smelled of death, it was dirty and had a really bad smell. Stayed on room 10 on the top bed... There was no ladder to get up the bed. The restroom was the only downside of my stay.

I stay every year when in the city. Best location, staff & kitchen. Average breakfast, wish they would include rolled oats &/or eggs. 6 bed dorm very comfortable but only one main light. Wish beds could have an ind. light not to wake everyone if you enter late at night. No place to recharge phone in dorm. Love staying here, book ahead especially when there's a major event in town.

Great hostel, great location, nice staff. You can actually see Alcatraz + GG bridge. Nice room with lockers under each bed, you only have to bring a locket. Kitchen is massive and absolutely clean. For breakfast you only get a bagel, oat meal and one fruit. It's ok if you're not that hungry otherwise it's not really enough for a proper breakfast. Had dinner at the cafe. Absolutely delicious. Short walk to cable cars or Fishermans Wharf. Great value for the price and especially for San Francisco.

Front desk staff are very helpful and nice. "Cafe Franco" staff are quite aloof and generally not interested in serving you breakfast. There is limited parking, which is very annoying. The electronic door keys often need to be reset, which is annoying. Not a very communal feeling.

• 22nd Sep 2014

The room I was in (Rm 6) was a little bit small for the number of beds in it so there was not much room to do things like reorganize a bag.

I spent an entire week at this Hostel and it was great. The location was beautiful and felt tucked away from the noises and also felt much safer than i would in other areas of the city. If i were to ever come back or knew anyone coming, i would definitely recommend this hostel

I felt welcomed as soon as I entered the hostel and I really appreciated their help when I was trying to figure out how to accomplish the sightseeing I wanted to do in the short time I was able to be in SF. Thanks!

The location is excellent. Staff was excellent, except for this one lady. Good breakfast and organic coffee.

One of the best hostels I ever stayed in. Great location, great facilities, great staff, great security, great fun! Highly recommended place for staying in SF.

Loved my experience, wished I could have booked more nights over there!

• 31st Aug 2014

The problem with the staff was entirely with the people running breakfast. We got a flat tire and missed the time cut off. We stood at the food counter holding our tickets and looking at the fruit bowl. We asked for one piece of fruit each, which is what the ticket entitled us to. The staff said no. They claimed they could not make an exception for anyone. I didn't feel like a paying guest, I felt like a student asking the teacher to let me turn in a paper late.

• 29th Aug 2014

Good place with good view. Close to public transit. However, the days I went is Labor Day weekend, and snce there is no restriction of age, they were too many kids,which made hassle. Except that, overall was great.

• 29th Aug 2014

The hostel is in a great location for doing things on the north side of SF without having to get public transport. I stayed here for 2 nights to get away from the downtown area and was glad I did so. The staff are friendly and helpful, and the overall atmosphere was great, with the communal area full of people talking to each other. If you are looking to stay in somewhere outside the city center for some of your time in SF I would thoroughly recommend this hostel.

The best place you can stay in SF: pefectly located, comfortable by all means, safe and giving best oportunities for meeting people from all over the world! arranging all kind of activities! having best evenings atmosphere!

« first « Prev 1 2 3