HI - San Francisco - Fisherman's Wharf Hostel Reviews

Building #240, Fort Mason, San Francisco, USA

Device (e.g., phone, laptop) charging is a problem as there are no charging lockers. That would really help, either in the public areas or the rooms. Or, put a few plugs inside the lockers underneath the beds; that would work, too.

Thank you for suggestion regarding the charging lockers. I have shared this idea with our facilities team for consideration. We do offer charging stations in common areas (the upstairs lounge, kitchen and cafe) and the front desk is always available to charge any devices behind the counter. We are always looking for ways to make our hostel more accommodating and convenient for our guests! Hope to see you on your next visit!

Always coming back there and love it every time! The location couldn't be better;-)

I am so glad you feel consistently at home and welcome in our hostel by the bay, see you next time!

My friends and I booked into the Fishermans wharf hostel and unfortunately there was an error in the computer system, this lead to a double booking and opened up the opportunity for things to go wrong. However, the very nice staff members dealt with this issue very professionally and we managed to overcome this :) Top marks!

• 11th Aug 2015

Thank you for your kind words! Our apologies again for this unforunate mishap, I am so glad we were able to find a happy solution! I hope you'll come visit us again on your next trip to San Francisco!

Staff were very helpful and accommodating... I enjoyed my stay very much!

• 9th Aug 2015

I was not particularly thrilled by this hostel but it was not bad either. I slept in the 20 people dorm which is as noisy as one might expect. So that is defenetly not a recommended dorm for people who have trouble falling asleep. The breakfast was a little to limited since it is restricted with breakfast vouchers for a certain amount of food. Other than that the hostel was ok. Between average and good.

Enjoyed the stay staff location views running path great place

• 6th Aug 2015

Thanks for sharing your positive experience! Our staff are truly the heart of this hostel!

Hostel is well located very near lots of attractions. Kitchen was under equipped and had dishes were often not clean due to the method of cleaning. Beds were quite uncomfortable. A hostel suited to families with kids not backpackers, would not recommend for travellers wanting to meet people.

I am disappointed to hear your experience was not to your liking. We do our best to keep the kitchen tidy and accessible, with staff conducting regular kitchen checks every two hours and a daily deep clean by housekeeping staff. In regards to facilities being under equipped, we appreciate suggestions about equipment that would improve our communal kitchen. Finally, I am sorry you did not have the most social experience. We do offer many tours and activities I hope you'll check out in the future.

This hostel proposes several activities (bike the Golden bridge, taste new beers) very fun !

Liked this place a lot! Security was a bit iffy -- I stayed on a ground-floor room, & there wasn't a/c (which fine, I just happened to be in SF on a rare hot day) so windows needed to be opened for air, but no screens. The room was right by the main doors, and people walking by inches from the open window all the time was mildly unsettling. But I never felt unsafe & there are lockers. Views of alcatraz & bridge are freaking unreal!

I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay at our hostel by the bay (and on a rare true summer day)! We are lucky to enjoy such a special location in a national park! Because of this, there are many visitors who walk by the hostel, like the folks you saw outside your window (unfortunately, fire safety regulations prevent us from installing screens). We do take great care to keep the hostel secure, with 24 hour front desk staff closely monitoring all entrances. We hope you'll visit us again!

Great location- Our male dorm room was super stuffy, old hot bunk beds with little support , and we decided to leave early.

• 19th Jul 2015

Thank you for your feedback! I'm glad to hear your enjoyed our special location by the bay. It sounds like you visited during a rare heat wave (San Francisco summers are often very foggy and cold) and I'm sorry you were uncomfortable. We are always seeking to improve the comfort of our hostel and recently replaced all of our mattresses with tempurpedic ones. We are in the process of replacing the supports as well. We hope you'll consider us again if you return to San Francisco!

The staff was awesome. So helpful and welcoming!

• 8th Jul 2015

Thanks for your positive feedback! Our staff is pretty special and I'm glad to hear they made your visit so enjoyable!

Great location. Very busy hostel though, with people arriving and leaving at all hours, didn't get much sleep.

very nice location and overall good hostel experience.

at first glance you get the feeling of being at a military base, but once inside is a very nice place. great view of alcatraz outside near the park with a view of the bridge as well. not a very sociable bunch when i was there but for the location it was nice.

Fantastic hostel and the staff were great. We stayed 4 nights until the 27th June '15 and had a great time. We've stayed in hostels all over Europe and had just come to the end of a month in various hostels along the west coast and can easily say this has been the best one! Hands down. Many activities you could sign up for, breakfast was great, laundry facilities were superb and the location is perfect! HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

nice atmosphere at the hostel, and I really enjoyed San Francisco. but the bathrooms are quite gross and need some sort of updating.

This is a nice hostel on a great location. I stayed here for five nights and had a good time. The only thing is that the sheets may gave me a rash (I think it were the sheets, because it disappeared the day after I left).

• 5th Jun 2015

Awesome location (you can see the Golden Gate Bridge while having breakfast!), staff was very nice and Hostel offers a lot of stuff (movies, activities, nice lounge).

Nice vibe,, great breakfast and restaurant area

Brilliant place. Situated in an absolutely great location. Price may be a bit more expensive than other hostels but it's worth it. I recommend taking some earplugs if you're staying in the 20bed dorms, though.

View all San Francisco Hostels