HI - San Francisco - Fisherman's Wharf Hostel Reviews

Building #240, Fort Mason, San Francisco, USA

This is a nice hostel if you don't mind being a bit out of the city center. Fishermans warf is really nice and you can easily walk to the golden gate bridge. Shared facilities such as the kitchen and common room are great.

one of the best hostel I've stayed in and I've traveled all over the world staying in hostels I would recommend it to travelers!!

• 6th Oct 2014

Great hostel, great location, nice staff. You can actually see Alcatraz + GG bridge. Nice room with lockers under each bed, you only have to bring a locket. Kitchen is massive and absolutely clean. For breakfast you only get a bagel, oat meal and one fruit. It's ok if you're not that hungry otherwise it's not really enough for a proper breakfast. Had dinner at the cafe. Absolutely delicious. Short walk to cable cars or Fishermans Wharf. Great value for the price and especially for San Francisco.

Front desk staff are very helpful and nice. "Cafe Franco" staff are quite aloof and generally not interested in serving you breakfast. There is limited parking, which is very annoying. The electronic door keys often need to be reset, which is annoying. Not a very communal feeling.

• 22nd Sep 2014

The room I was in (Rm 6) was a little bit small for the number of beds in it so there was not much room to do things like reorganize a bag.

I spent an entire week at this Hostel and it was great. The location was beautiful and felt tucked away from the noises and also felt much safer than i would in other areas of the city. If i were to ever come back or knew anyone coming, i would definitely recommend this hostel

I felt welcomed as soon as I entered the hostel and I really appreciated their help when I was trying to figure out how to accomplish the sightseeing I wanted to do in the short time I was able to be in SF. Thanks!

The location is excellent. Staff was excellent, except for this one lady. Good breakfast and organic coffee.

One of the best hostels I ever stayed in. Great location, great facilities, great staff, great security, great fun! Highly recommended place for staying in SF.

Loved my experience, wished I could have booked more nights over there!

• 31st Aug 2014

The problem with the staff was entirely with the people running breakfast. We got a flat tire and missed the time cut off. We stood at the food counter holding our tickets and looking at the fruit bowl. We asked for one piece of fruit each, which is what the ticket entitled us to. The staff said no. They claimed they could not make an exception for anyone. I didn't feel like a paying guest, I felt like a student asking the teacher to let me turn in a paper late.

• 29th Aug 2014

Good place with good view. Close to public transit. However, the days I went is Labor Day weekend, and snce there is no restriction of age, they were too many kids,which made hassle. Except that, overall was great.

• 29th Aug 2014

The hostel is in a great location for doing things on the north side of SF without having to get public transport. I stayed here for 2 nights to get away from the downtown area and was glad I did so. The staff are friendly and helpful, and the overall atmosphere was great, with the communal area full of people talking to each other. If you are looking to stay in somewhere outside the city center for some of your time in SF I would thoroughly recommend this hostel.

The best place you can stay in SF: pefectly located, comfortable by all means, safe and giving best oportunities for meeting people from all over the world! arranging all kind of activities! having best evenings atmosphere!

We have stayed here several times over the years....we love the location, parking is free! The breakfast that you provide or have available it fabulous. We have stayed at a different SF location hostel, but this is our favorite. Most of the staff that works the desk and in the "breakfast" kitchen are really great. Please thank Jonathan for me, he helped me out so much, was so patient and sweet! We will be back!

• 23rd Aug 2014
  • Japan

Centrally located, engaged helpful staff, good dorms with comfortable clean beds. While catering to mostly under 30 crowd, this hostel was also used by families and an elderly man with a walker! This was the favorite of the three hostels that I stayed in during my lengthy stay in SF. If I was to return to SF I would definitely choose this hostel to stay. Not a party hostel, but it is a fun hostel.

Thanks very much for all the help in finding cheap places to replace dodgy sneakers and all the friendly advice on where I wanted to walk to and also helping me find out where to get over to visit a friend in Mission. Also for booking the shuttle. I didn't get to check out all of your facilities but would definitely stay again and recommend to friends. Many Thanks, Julie from Australia :)

This hostel is one of my favourites, amazing location between the Golden Gate Bridge and Alcatraz, really cool, relaxed staff who are happy to help, comfy beds, very clean and felt very homely! Also, LOVED the duke box in the kitchen!

The room was small, there was a radiator, that was dangerously hot, you could have burnt yourself, and it heated up the room, so you couldn't sleep, it was also very loud. the facilities were average but i expected more, for the price we paid. it was very expensive.

I had to switch rooms 3 times (not fault of hostel, they were really full the days I was there) but it gave me a good overview of the building. The location is awesome, but the building is old and really needs some fixing. The last room I stayed the heater was right above my head while I was in bed: besides the incredible heat (in the summer) it's really easy to get burnt. Overall, staff is really nice.

« first « Prev 1 2 3