HI - San Francisco - Fisherman's Wharf Hostel Reviews

Building #240, Fort Mason, San Francisco, USA

Loved my experience, wished I could have booked more nights over there!

• 31st Aug 2014

Good place with good view. Close to public transit. However, the days I went is Labor Day weekend, and snce there is no restriction of age, they were too many kids,which made hassle. Except that, overall was great.

• 29th Aug 2014

The best place you can stay in SF: pefectly located, comfortable by all means, safe and giving best oportunities for meeting people from all over the world! arranging all kind of activities! having best evenings atmosphere!

We have stayed here several times over the years....we love the location, parking is free! The breakfast that you provide or have available it fabulous. We have stayed at a different SF location hostel, but this is our favorite. Most of the staff that works the desk and in the "breakfast" kitchen are really great. Please thank Jonathan for me, he helped me out so much, was so patient and sweet! We will be back!

• 23rd Aug 2014
  • Japan

Centrally located, engaged helpful staff, good dorms with comfortable clean beds. While catering to mostly under 30 crowd, this hostel was also used by families and an elderly man with a walker! This was the favorite of the three hostels that I stayed in during my lengthy stay in SF. If I was to return to SF I would definitely choose this hostel to stay. Not a party hostel, but it is a fun hostel.

Thanks very much for all the help in finding cheap places to replace dodgy sneakers and all the friendly advice on where I wanted to walk to and also helping me find out where to get over to visit a friend in Mission. Also for booking the shuttle. I didn't get to check out all of your facilities but would definitely stay again and recommend to friends. Many Thanks, Julie from Australia :)

This hostel is one of my favourites, amazing location between the Golden Gate Bridge and Alcatraz, really cool, relaxed staff who are happy to help, comfy beds, very clean and felt very homely! Also, LOVED the duke box in the kitchen!

The room was small, there was a radiator, that was dangerously hot, you could have burnt yourself, and it heated up the room, so you couldn't sleep, it was also very loud. the facilities were average but i expected more, for the price we paid. it was very expensive.

I had to switch rooms 3 times (not fault of hostel, they were really full the days I was there) but it gave me a good overview of the building. The location is awesome, but the building is old and really needs some fixing. The last room I stayed the heater was right above my head while I was in bed: besides the incredible heat (in the summer) it's really easy to get burnt. Overall, staff is really nice.

Room key for room 8 was rubbish, they should update to codes. Computers weren't free, NO PLUGS in ROOMS!! Staff were 50/50, beds were pre-allocated and they were very inflexible about changing beds, difficult check in for one of our friends, made her change rooms then re-allocated her the exact same room after she hung around all day waiting to re-check in. Bathrooms and hostel in general very outdated. Showers in communal area very far from rooms.

Ideal stay. Ideal location for those backpacking through. Came for Outside lands and stayed to take in the city. Perfect for a weekend or extended stay. The breakfast room is impeccable, quite joyous to wake to and have an egg and some tea in a room filled with light.

• 9th Aug 2014
  • Colombia

They should arrange the bathrooms : too old, not comfortable, no privacy with the showers

The location was great. Most of the staff are friendly and helpful. However, the place is in dire need of repair. I paid to stay in an all female bedroom dorm, but ended up in a five bed room with little space. The pipes in the room were leaking in two separate places, which probably in part lead to the mouldy smell in the room. The radiator in the room also made a horrendous noise whenever someone was having a shower. With some repairs and maintenance, this could be a great place.

Some staff were really friendly and engaging, while others were a bit rude and turned the lights off in common spaces or closed the kitchen earlier than the posted time. A bit like the fun police. The singer, Charlotte, on Friday night was cool. A good breakfast in the cafe. This hostel has a lot going for it but just needs to work on the atmosphere.

The young man who checked me in @ 4am on the 4th was great. He had my paper work ready to go when I walked in the door because I called and told him I would be late. Kudos to that young man!

It is a good place to watch fireworks ( on 4th of July, for example). It is once a fortests to protect San Francisco. It is close to the public bus stop ( no. 47 and 49) where you canake a bus to the city. The hostel offers complimenry breakfast and you need to produce a coupon to have it. The only thing is tha some people may not have enough to have just 2 pieces of bread or 1 bagle. But to me it is a good idea that people do ot eat too much.

AMAZING PLACE ! just next san francisco bay.

• 2nd Jul 2014

I loved the hostel, although staff were abrupt and rude (it could have just been a bad day) but they seemed very stressed out. Also, laundry is only open after 4.30 (why? we do it ourselves anyway!). Location is amazing, views are great, fun times.

This hostel is very well located. Walk out the front and one side you have a view of Golden Gate Bridge and the other side Alcatraz. Close to Fisherman's Wharf. Staff very friendly and informative. The cafe really good food. Excellent facilities. One of the better hostels I've stayed in.

The location directly at Fisherman's Wharf is amazing but like most of the HI hostels it leaks some kind of atmosphere as they are very strict when it comes too drinking. Also, the mattress was horrible and it seemed like that tried to put the absolute maximum of possible beds into my room. Still, the food in there restaurant is really good! I enjoyed their sandwiches a lot.

« first « Prev 1 2 3