HI - San Francisco - Fisherman's Wharf Hostel Reviews

Building #240, Fort Mason, San Francisco, USA

I choose the 24 Mixed Dorm for my night. Everythings is going good, except the loudly snore. That's my bad luck. I just wanna say 'you get what you pay for it'

• 1st Apr 2015
  • Thailand

The 4 bed rooms only have two plugs, which are directly next to one bed and therefore almost not usable for the other three. The plugs at the lounge charge your phone super slow. Thats not good enough in the 21st century, where everyone uses a smartphone.

This is one of the best hostels o have ever stayed in. Fantastic location and really friendly staff who go out of their way to assist. I stayed in an amazing room at the end of the property, the room and bathroom faculties were very clean. Had a very comfortable and enjoyable stay here

The cafe was lovely for breakfast with the bench seat overlooking the water.

Disappointed with the showers. They were pretty dirty and had little privacy. There was no lock, just a curtain. Also there were a lot of 'older' people staying at the hostel, however that was my bad for not doing better research. Also the atmosphere was pretty dull, people were very much to themselves and not very social.

Best hostel Ive ever stayed in! really the view is amazing, the staff is great, everything is clean, great great great! I didnt complain about anything! Dont hesitate in staying there!!

Many good organized trips and tours. The beds are average, you can feel that many travelers have slept in them. The bathrooms could need an update. Hostel was a bit worn, but clean which is all that matters when you are on the road.

The bathrooms smelled liked pee and there was no soap, I mentioned this to the staff at the beginning of my stay and nothing was done. The trash in the men's room was overflowing, the room smelled of dirty feet...

• 26th Feb 2015

Tv not working and tiolets dirty Cafe best food ever ! Don't bother to eat at the wharfs

• 24th Feb 2015
  • Malaysia

I went to that hostel after being in one downtown. I decided to switch because i didn't feel safe and didn't relate the the location at the downtown one. I loved the fisherman's wharf for these two reasons. It was close to some quiet pubs and, As an alone women of 5'2 i could go out and feel safe coming back walking. It was also close to some really nice san francisco "must see" places. The building could benefit from a remodel and i would have appreciated locked shower in the common bathroom.

Locks for the lockers should be provided (for a deposit). Beds are way too soft, feels almost like a hammock. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was great. A patio outside the cafe would have been beautiful. Maybe there'll be a chance to build one someday.

• 19th Feb 2015

I loved the homemade food! Made me feel home!

Overall, it was great. Up: The location is perfect considering that it's hostel. In the morning, you can see the view from golden gate bridge to the bay bridge behind the hostel. There's no homeless around it. It's extremly quiet place. Staffs are nice. Old bathroom, but they clean it everyday Down: There's too many people in one room. I used 8 male dorm but because half of them snoring, It was a bit hard to sleep deeply. I can't even imagine what's like in 20 male dorm.

• 13th Feb 2015
  • South Korea

Good location, good value for money and interesting facilities. I recommend!

My experience in this hostel was really good, the atmosphere was good. And the location is good, is not in downtown bus it is calm.

• 4th Feb 2015