HI - San Francisco - Fisherman's Wharf Hostel Reviews

Building #240, Fort Mason, San Francisco, USA

Great hostel in a central location. I enjoyed the friendly staff, cool atmosphere (in such an old building in the Fort!), and the free parking! Very social atmosphere and all the facilities you could want. The only issue we had was that our room was directly underneath the Cafe and each morning at 7am it was impossible to keep sleeping as the noise from above was so loud. Other than that, great place to stay!

I left a smartphone battery charging at front desk overnight and at morning it had disappeared. The manager said that would return to be with a solution (has found, give a refund, etc) but I didn't have a return. Need AC outlets at rooms.

great location friendly helpful staff

This is a nice hostel if you don't mind being a bit out of the city center. Fishermans warf is really nice and you can easily walk to the golden gate bridge. Shared facilities such as the kitchen and common room are great.

one of the best hostel I've stayed in and I've traveled all over the world staying in hostels I would recommend it to travelers!!

• 6th Oct 2014

This was the first hostel that I ever stayed so I didn't know what to expect. First impressions it looked ok, location was spotless and the view of the Golden Gate Bridge from the kitchen was to die for. Now the negatives: the main male restroom smelled of death, it was dirty and had a really bad smell. Stayed on room 10 on the top bed... There was no ladder to get up the bed. The restroom was the only downside of my stay.

I stay every year when in the city. Best location, staff & kitchen. Average breakfast, wish they would include rolled oats &/or eggs. 6 bed dorm very comfortable but only one main light. Wish beds could have an ind. light not to wake everyone if you enter late at night. No place to recharge phone in dorm. Love staying here, book ahead especially when there's a major event in town.

1 2 3 Next » last »