HI - San Francisco - Fisherman's Wharf Hostel Reviews

Building #240, Fort Mason, San Francisco, USA

one of the best hostel I've stayed in and I've traveled all over the world staying in hostels I would recommend it to travelers!!

• 6th Oct 2014

This was the first hostel that I ever stayed so I didn't know what to expect. First impressions it looked ok, location was spotless and the view of the Golden Gate Bridge from the kitchen was to die for. Now the negatives: the main male restroom smelled of death, it was dirty and had a really bad smell. Stayed on room 10 on the top bed... There was no ladder to get up the bed. The restroom was the only downside of my stay.

I stay every year when in the city. Best location, staff & kitchen. Average breakfast, wish they would include rolled oats &/or eggs. 6 bed dorm very comfortable but only one main light. Wish beds could have an ind. light not to wake everyone if you enter late at night. No place to recharge phone in dorm. Love staying here, book ahead especially when there's a major event in town.

Great hostel, great location, nice staff. You can actually see Alcatraz + GG bridge. Nice room with lockers under each bed, you only have to bring a locket. Kitchen is massive and absolutely clean. For breakfast you only get a bagel, oat meal and one fruit. It's ok if you're not that hungry otherwise it's not really enough for a proper breakfast. Had dinner at the cafe. Absolutely delicious. Short walk to cable cars or Fishermans Wharf. Great value for the price and especially for San Francisco.

Front desk staff are very helpful and nice. "Cafe Franco" staff are quite aloof and generally not interested in serving you breakfast. There is limited parking, which is very annoying. The electronic door keys often need to be reset, which is annoying. Not a very communal feeling.

• 22nd Sep 2014

The room I was in (Rm 6) was a little bit small for the number of beds in it so there was not much room to do things like reorganize a bag.

I spent an entire week at this Hostel and it was great. The location was beautiful and felt tucked away from the noises and also felt much safer than i would in other areas of the city. If i were to ever come back or knew anyone coming, i would definitely recommend this hostel

I felt welcomed as soon as I entered the hostel and I really appreciated their help when I was trying to figure out how to accomplish the sightseeing I wanted to do in the short time I was able to be in SF. Thanks!

The location is excellent. Staff was excellent, except for this one lady. Good breakfast and organic coffee.

One of the best hostels I ever stayed in. Great location, great facilities, great staff, great security, great fun! Highly recommended place for staying in SF.

1 2 3 Next » last »