8.5
Fabulous 1,401 Total Reviews
8.5
Fabulous 1,401 Total Reviews
HI San Francisco - Fisherman's Wharf Located at Building #240, Fort Mason, San Francisco.
USA
San Francisco CA 94123 Building #240, Fort Mason
85% 1401
37.8070375 -122.4285936
    Rooms available

25th Apr 2016

Amazing location - beautiful view of the bay and GG bridge. Spacious common room. Excellent cafe and breakfast. Everything great except the room. The dorm room for 8 was way too small and poorly designed. Storage is under the beds which means getting on your hand and knees every time you get something from your bags. Room lights too bright and poorly located for people in top beds as it shines right into their eyes when turned on. They need to see the room design of USA hostels.

• USA, Female, 41+
18th Apr 2016

Fantastic location, with history and hounds to walk, private room a must for my needs, staff very accomadating and friendly.facility has many ammenaties, my stay was 7 nights, noise level at times during nights, doors,talking outside rooms ,locker areas noises 2-3 am. Breakfast with few gluten free options,brought my own. Delightful stay all in all,pleasant folks from all over ....I would definitely recommend THIS location to anyone.

10th Apr 2016

Awesome awesome awesome! Couldn't ask for more & the location was *STUNNING* great value for the price!

• China, Female, 31-40
8th Apr 2016
2.0

their bed is not safe,i fell from my bunkbed and break my foot,and what they do is kick me out and never let me come back to the hostel. so that s all i can say.

4th Apr 2016

This is one of the best hostels I have stayed in and have stayed at a good amount, all over the world. The staff is extremely helpful and nice. The hostel itself is a BEAUTIFUL location and has everything you would need- laundry, cafe, living room, storage closet. My only complaint is the beds. I stayed in a co-ed, multi-bed room so the beds may be different in the other rooms. But they squeak with every little move you make and I turn a lot during sleep. I had a hard time sleeping.

• Netherlands, Female, 18-24
3rd Apr 2016

I loved this place! The piano & guitar made it even more appealing, other than that you can hardly go wrong with a view over the golden gate bridge. Wonderful, helpful staff, clean beds, comfortable surroundings and on walking distance of some of the highlights of the city. Would definitely stay again!

• England, Male, 18-24
31st Mar 2016

Lovely hostel, all good but would hope for a few more showers to share between all the dorms!

I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your stay here. The hostel building is a historically protected property located in a national park, which prevents us from making many structural changes (like adding showers) We do have showers located on both wings and floors of the hostel. Next time, if you find yourself waiting, please feel free to use a shower in a different area of the hostel! Cheers! Mira, Front Desk Manager

• Australia, Female, 25-30
31st Mar 2016

Lovely hostel and perfect if you'd like to gravitate around the Fishermans wharf area. A little far of you want to be walking into town all the time though. Staff were amazing and the venue was clean. Only set backs were a lack of powerpoints to charge your devices and not the most comfy beds. Otherwise a great hostel. Thanks.

Thanks for your kind words about our staff and facilities! We are definitely a little removed from the hustle and bustle of downtown. For some guests this is a real plus, but I understand that other travelers may prefer to stay in a more central location (you should check out Hostelling International's other SF properties). I hope you were able to make use of the conveniently located bus lines to take you around town! Regarding outlets for charging: we are unfortunately unable to add any outlets due to our building's historical protections. However, we do have charging stations throughout the building and our reception staff is always available to charge your devices securely behind the front desk. Our mattresses are usually a big hit with our guests, but I am sorry to hear they weren't to your liking! I hope the pluses outweighed the minuses enough for you to visit us again on your next trip to San Francisco! Cheers! Mira, Front Desk Manager

30th Mar 2016

My friend and I stayed in the mixed dorm. It was great. Although not everyone was courteous about their noise level and flashlights the hostel had ear plugs that worked fantastic. We got a great nights sleep and were able to start our walking tour of San Francisco from the hostel. I would definitely stay there again.

Thanks for your kind review! I'm glad to hear you got to participate in some of the hostel's free activities. I'm sorry you had some less than considerate roommates. Next time, feel free to let our 24-hour reception staff know if there's an issue, so they can help you resolve it and sleep more comfortably. I hope we'll see you again on your next trip to San Francisco! Cheers! Mira, Front Desk Manager

• peggyriessen
30th Mar 2016

Simply amazing. Stunning views, very clean, free breakfast, very good price, everyone is nice, would absolutely recommend anyone staying. I will definitely be back.