HI-San Francisco-Fisherman's Wharf Reviews

Building #240, Fort Mason, San Francisco, USA

Amazing hostel. Room are great. I was in a 4 bed room. Loads of space and a sink in the room. Kitchen was ok not much of a breakfast. Only two bathrooms for the whole hostel. So may have to wait to use it. But perfect location. Really couldn't have asked for better

We had a great stay here. Beautiful views of the bridge and Alcatraz. The walking tour on Wednesday morning was AMAZING!! I will recommend that to everyone!

• 8th Apr 2014
  • South Africa

YOU IMPROVED THAN BEFORE(ESPECIALLY RESTAURANT).

• 7th Apr 2014

Great location, love the ocean views from our room! Friendly staff and clean bathrooms. :)

• 4th Apr 2014
  • Mexico

the location is great, so quiet and comfortable, big hall can stay satisfied. only a small problem is the plug, can only charge at front desk.

I thought the staff to be excellent and hard working. The same could not be said for a few of my fellow travelers, including the guy who threw my shower shoes at me in the middle of the night because he thought I snored too loud. I immediately reported this incident to the staff, who made it clear to the entire room that no such foolishness was to happen again and gave everyone a free pair of ear plugs.

• 1st Apr 2014

Great location, nice breakfast with pretty views, big and clean showers, secure luggage storage before check-in/after check-out, staff not the most helpful but I've seen worse, basically it's all okay but the price I paid was REALLY expensive for a huge dorm.

The lockers underneath the beds are very impractical and not convenient at all. Everything else was very good! I would definitely stay there again.

• 20th Mar 2014

Great place. Just need more power sockets in the room!

If you want to meet other people search for another hostel. This one is more for groups. Everybody minds his own business. The staff is really nice and helpful.

As far as hostels go, this one is great! The accommodations are pretty typical, no-frills, but the place has everything you could really need. It feels totally safe, and has awesome views of the Golden Gate Bridge and Alcatraz. The staff was totally friendly and helpful, and the little lounge area was really cozy. Linens & towels are provided, and they'll store your luggage for you if you arrive before your room is ready.

• 26th Feb 2014

Great hostel if you want to avoid the "party" scene. Couldn't ask for a better location, close to everything, without feeling like you are in the city.

I know that because of the history of the building there are not many plugs but you should mention that upfront and have extra plug units on the ones in the common areas. Also a sign somewhere on the scary dark hill next to the ocean would have been a welcoming guidance!

Great location, nice and helpful staff. Nice system with the organic café. Everything was clean, but the rooms are pretty small though. A shuttle to the airport is also available for 14$! Totally worth it!

Nice hostel with good everything and great staff. Compared to downtown this is not a party hostel. You will find people of all ages and a lot of groups travelling through. Breakfast is a bit odd that you only get one bagel one oatmeal and one fruit, but its enough to start the day in the city.

The kitchen is great but the big downside is no wifi in the rooms. You have to go to the communal area to get signal.

Excellent hostel. Just like one should be. Great atmosphere and activities

I ws very happy to be there, the atmosphere is calm and very good. The staff was incredibly and nixe and helpful. I hardly recommand it.

The hostel is located in front of the sea. In few minutes of walking we can easly reach girardelly square and the cable car line. Parking are available. Brekfast is nice and room are quite. The restroom and the showers need to be improved (few and not very clean)

I liked the hostel. The staff were always friendly and helpful and there was a nice breakfast in the morning. The location is excellent, it is only a short walk from Fisherman's Warf and you can see Golden Gate Bridge from the back yard. The area is very nice though I felt slightly uneasy when I was on my own after sunset as the street lamps in the area were switched on too late in December.

View all San Francisco Hostels