HI - San Luis Obispo Hostel Reviews

1617 Santa Rosa St., San Luis Obispo, CA, San Luis Obispo, USA

Home environment and very clean

Had such a good time in SLO that I ended up staying an extra night. Everyone was really hospitable and it was a really nice atmosphere! Breakfast was great and the staff went out of their way to make me feel welcome!

I had a wonderful time staying at Hotel Obispo! The entire staff was cheery and helpful! You could really tell that the staff cared about the patrons. I had the chance to meet some great people (staff and hostellers), have great conversations in the ultra comfortable common space and learn a lot about San Luis Obispo that I would otherwise have never heard. Overall excellent experience! I highly recommend checking this place out!

• 3rd Aug 2015

Favourite hostel I stayed in America. Hostel staff were lovely and the hostel was just the right size to be able to meet people. Slightly annoying that it closed for a few hours in the afternoon, but this was nothing too major.

The staff were real friendly and it was kind of how I happily imagined it would be - a big American house style, very homely, comfortable and welcoming. Thank you! It was cool :-)

Friendly athmosphere and nice staff; good breakfast with brown pancakes, tea and milk.

the best hostel we stayed in in USA, great value for money!!!

Kurt was a great lad

Warm welcoming staff that engaged in dinner conversations and pointed out things of interest to do. The morning pancakes were "mixed with love" and were a great way to begin the day. Definitely the best hostel experience on my trip.

• 17th May 2015

Really didn't like being shut out from 11 to 4:30 every day.

We only stayed 1 night and arrived around 9pm after a very long day of driving. We were greeted, told to park in the back of the house and given the security code for the door. Sheets and blankets were folded on our beds. Some ppl hanging out in the kitchen, some people hanging around the living room playing instruments... Adorable atmosphere! Although the mattress was so thin I could feel every spring , the wifi was great and kept me occupied. It is well located too!

• 12th Apr 2015

Laid back with a functional kitchen and an overall antiqueish ambience.

View all San Luis Obispo Hostels