HI - San Luis Obispo Hostel Reviews

1617 Santa Rosa St., San Luis Obispo, CA, San Luis Obispo, USA

Had a great time at HI - San Luis Obispo Hostel and met lots of really friendly travelers. The place is super clean and cozy!

It was fine, relatively quiet and everyone was nice. The only thing that I wasn't a fan of were the beds--foam mattress pad was way uncomfortable and I could barely walk in the morning.

Great place. The bedrooms and bathrooms were pretty clean and always had toilet paper. I wasn't impressed with their kitchen (not as clean as the rooms)

Staff was incredibly helpful, awesome people. Hostel is what you'd expect. solid for the price.

I loved this place. It was close to downtown but still quiet and out of the way. The staff was lovely and let me check in even during their closed hours, which were nowhere in the description of the Hostel. This made sure I was not late to the wedding I was attending. Will stay again if I'm in SLO.

• 20th Sep 2014

The staff, especially Dave and Elena, were all incredibly laid back and helpful. They introduced me to new people in the town and generally were always available for good conversation. The hostel itself has a real family home type feel and the its only a 10 minute walk from downtown.

Our only hiccup was we were hoping to get on the road straight after breakfast, which was not ready until later than we had been advised. Understood that a new person was being trained, but there was also then no order of which guests had been waiting longer to cook their pancakes first. Not a huge issues, and did not taint our view of the hostel but just some constructive feedback,

I absolutely fell in love with this hostel. The ABSOLUTE BEST I have ever stayed in. The staff was great and all the people were friendly and talkative. The location was perfect to downtown, which happens to be the coolest downtown ever! So satisfied with the prices and stay!

Staff and owner were great, cute little house in a good spot of town. There was a problem with my bed/room and the owner was great about it, switched me rooms without blinking an eye. Wifi worked great and the showers were adequate and clean. Pancake breakfast in the morning was fun and appreciated.

The mattresses are very old and thin, you can feel bottom of the bed, unfortunately. Policy of closing hostel and asking everybody to leave from 11 am to 4 i find very unfriendly and not valuable for the money i paid. Other then that, its ok place to crash for a while.

View all San Luis Obispo Hostels