HI - San Luis Obispo Hostel Reviews

1617 Santa Rosa St., San Luis Obispo, CA, San Luis Obispo, USA

The staff were real friendly and it was kind of how I happily imagined it would be - a big American house style, very homely, comfortable and welcoming. Thank you! It was cool :-)

• 3rd Jul 2015

Kurt was a great lad

Warm welcoming staff that engaged in dinner conversations and pointed out things of interest to do. The morning pancakes were "mixed with love" and were a great way to begin the day. Definitely the best hostel experience on my trip.

• 17th May 2015

Really didn't like being shut out from 11 to 4:30 every day.

We only stayed 1 night and arrived around 9pm after a very long day of driving. We were greeted, told to park in the back of the house and given the security code for the door. Sheets and blankets were folded on our beds. Some ppl hanging out in the kitchen, some people hanging around the living room playing instruments... Adorable atmosphere! Although the mattress was so thin I could feel every spring , the wifi was great and kept me occupied. It is well located too!

• 12th Apr 2015

Laid back with a functional kitchen and an overall antiqueish ambience.

What a home away from home. I stayed a week here and encountered many different people. I stayed in 2 separate private rooms during my stay and each was comfortable. But the front room desperately needs its duvets dry cleaned. Its an easy walk into town and 1 minute from the Amtrak. This is more like an old guesthouse not a party scene at all. Staff were friendly , Eddy in particular went out of his way to greet you. Fond memories !

• 5th Feb 2015

The staff and travelers were friendly, helpful and personable. The pancake breakfast was an unexpected treat!

• 6th Jan 2015