HI - San Luis Obispo Hostel Reviews

1617 Santa Rosa St., San Luis Obispo, CA, San Luis Obispo, USA

We only stayed 1 night and arrived around 9pm after a very long day of driving. We were greeted, told to park in the back of the house and given the security code for the door. Sheets and blankets were folded on our beds. Some ppl hanging out in the kitchen, some people hanging around the living room playing instruments... Adorable atmosphere! Although the mattress was so thin I could feel every spring , the wifi was great and kept me occupied. It is well located too!

• 12th Apr 2015

Laid back with a functional kitchen and an overall antiqueish ambience.

• 9th Apr 2015

What a home away from home. I stayed a week here and encountered many different people. I stayed in 2 separate private rooms during my stay and each was comfortable. But the front room desperately needs its duvets dry cleaned. Its an easy walk into town and 1 minute from the Amtrak. This is more like an old guesthouse not a party scene at all. Staff were friendly , Eddy in particular went out of his way to greet you. Fond memories !

• 5th Feb 2015

The staff and travelers were friendly, helpful and personable. The pancake breakfast was an unexpected treat!

• 6th Jan 2015

Noisy upstairs bunk mate is my major complaint.

• 27th Nov 2014
  • Mixed Group, 41+

Had a great time at HI - San Luis Obispo Hostel and met lots of really friendly travelers. The place is super clean and cozy!

It was fine, relatively quiet and everyone was nice. The only thing that I wasn't a fan of were the beds--foam mattress pad was way uncomfortable and I could barely walk in the morning.

Great place. The bedrooms and bathrooms were pretty clean and always had toilet paper. I wasn't impressed with their kitchen (not as clean as the rooms)

View all San Luis Obispo Hostels